Thread: I keep getting ActiveX errors with MSIE, and cannot login

Realm of Order [Elsewhere: Los Angeles or Wesley Chapel]

Default I keep getting ActiveX errors with MSIE, and cannot login

MSIE tells me that it blocks the site with the Active X control and won't load the patcher at all, and I cannot login to the game. I have the site https://horizons.istaria.com on my Trusted Sites list, and enabled Active X controls and I still get this message.

HorizonsLauncher.exe DOES NOT WORK. I login with the SAME username and password and it tells me "The Username / Password combination does not exists" everytime.

How can I get into the game? Has
    anyone gotten into the game?
    j'Phaelluin:Mage/Monk/Scholar/Cleric,Druid,Scout,Warrior/Blacksmith/OutfitterTiaeruih:Scout/Cleric,Mage,Warrior/Outfitter/Scholar,BlacksmithMhoss:7DragonAdventure/3Crafter

Default Re: I keep getting ActiveX errors with MSIE, and cannot login

I just logged into game on Chaos with both the stand-alone launcher and through the webpage using IE with no problems. There must be something wrong with your IE setup. Sorry I can't help more than that but wanted to let you know.

Then it's just my problem then.

j'Phaelluin:Mage/Monk/Scholar/Cleric,Druid,Scout,Warrior/Blacksmith/OutfitterTiaeruih:Scout/Cleric,Mage,Warrior/Outfitter/Scholar,BlacksmithMhoss:7DragonAdventure/3Crafter

There have been a few players who still have this problem cropping up so you're not alone. Send in a ticket and they may be able to help you through it or nail down the issue full stop.

i'm having the same problem right now. i usually open a few internet explorer windows with my various characters and login to whichever. today i was going to log into blight for the heck of it. well... it started downloading for some reason, and when it was done it told me i had to reboot for settings to take affect. WHAT SETTINGS? ... i hate it when programs change settings without a) telling me b) telling me what it changed.
    i got booted back up and had the same problems mentioned above.
    the error window mentions going to the windows update site. THAT wasn't even working right away. i finally managed to get it to download more and that's the stage i'm at now. windowsupdate didn't even have the proper files on the computer anymore or "validated".
    going to reboot once i get all that worked out and hope that fixes things.
    unfortunately, i don't have much time to play around with it before i have to leave for work...

I can't use the stand alone launcher as of today - I get the same error you do - it can't find my acct.

Everything worked yesterday/last night - so I don't think its something "wrong" with my IE.....

Oh, and same thing happened to me as Dorrin - so I'm using the web launcher to get in.....porting is taking a LONG time - fun fun.

Bulgrim
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

i finally got the stuff from the winupdate site installed.
    the old patcher still hangs there and does nothing.
    the new patcher works this time.

hallefreakinlujah.

Can you please tell me where you found it - how you got it to work.

I did a windows update - didn't see that one.....also went into my history - didn't see it there.....My stand alone launch still won't work.

Bulgrim

Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

i didn't try the standalone patcher, i actually prefer the web launch.
    i don't remember exactly where i went.. i just went to the windowsupdate
    website as it was shown on the error window and poked around a bit.
    sorry i can't be more help :/ i was in a bit of a rush at the time.

I can get in the game now.

I reset all of IE wweb settings. And I also reset the security settings to default. I also, set it to accept ActiveX controls
    I also deleted the TulgaGames Launcher.ocx control from the IE Plugins page.
    I went to the Horizons page and it said it wanted to download the control with a possible reboot. It didn't, then I was able to get online. BUT I still cannot use the standalone launcher.

I used a long time ago when it first came out, but now it I can't. Don't care. I really do wish the laucher/patcher was a standard standalone program and not a web page thing -- it's not very "gamey".

Alos, porting has gotten faster than before. I recalled pretty quickly.

Thread Information