Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Language in Public Discussion

Default Dragon Language in Public Discussion

It was brought to the community meeting and a discussion was to start on it...

So here it is! :)

(warnign this will probably be long, I have a lot to say..I'm probably going to bold the major points though for thos eof you who don't want to read my verbose post)

From the comments at the meeting, I take it that some feel the dragon language is being used excessively where it shoudln't be used.

Before I give my comments on *that* as a player, let me expalin a few things about the dragon language an as Senior Officer of Keir Chet.

Keir Chet uses the language as a more immersive RP tool. It is totally optional, noone who has ever joined our guild is ever required to even learn it. It is merely there for those who wish to use it. Its not even "all draconic" in our own Rp rooms - just used more or less depending on the comfort level of those who are actively RPing.

It has never been an effort of ours to force it anyone else, ever. We don't even force it on ourselves. We use it, and anyone else who wishes to use it is more than free to use it as well. If it helps them be IC and RP and adds fun for them, more power to them.

However, there are certain rules that Keir Chet has placed on the language though again - we cannot enforce such on anyone. We do not want to enforce such on anyone. These are just some IC RP guidelines that, per your own dragon personality and faction, one can choose to use or not as part of their own personality.

Please realize this is the strictest interpretation of "respect for our tongue" THis is ENTIRELY IC - in no way to mean OOC.

1 - it is the ancietn dragon language. It is not meant for use by Naka's. It is *our* sacred lanaguage. Naka are not meant to understand it. It is disrespectful to dragonkind for a biped to use or understand our language.

In addition, naka do not have our physiology or biology - they cannot correctly pronounce our lanaguage. For them to attempt to do so is insulting and disrespectful.

Now - various dragons can follow those"rules" in various ways. A more die hard lunus for example may take it so seriously that he would never use the Dragon Language IN FRONT of a single naka, no matter what. They might even call down RP wise other dragons who were using it in the precence of naka's.

Other dragons may choose to use it in whomever's presence, but never provide an interpretation of what they are saying if naka are present.

And some dragons may choose to teach every naka they see and tell them to speak it. Keeping in mind that those who do this IC, will suffer IC reprcusions from the other types of dragons.

Bipeds who speak it to a dragon may also suffer IC consequences from that dragon who may feel any of these ways or any variations of these ways.

Now - GIVEN THAT STATEMENT -

If you see anyone in front of you who is having a conversation you do not understand - I would encourage anyoen and everyone to SPEAK UP AND SAY SOMETHING!

You now have an RP way to do it, several RP "lore" based reasons that if you want to get into that discussion you can.

But even without that - a simple request or a simple tell asking the person to speak common I would hope, should be enough.

As for *myself* a player - not as an officer.

You will never see Frith using Dragon language in Dragon chat. Not only are their naka's present, and she woudlnt use it in front of them (and she'll argue with those who do), but OOC wise I"m normally not IC in dragon chat. OOC wise I acknowledge that not everyone understands it, and not everyone wants to, and that's fine with me. I respect that in others and use common when in public and around others who have indicated to me they don't understand it.

If you approach me in Say I may greet you in draconic, if you greet me in common or indicate in any way that you do not understrand - I shall immediately stop speaking draconic and only speak common. This however is what I do.

Keir Chet cannot enforce non-guild members to not use the language in public places. The language is there for everyone to use as they will. It is not our job to police the shard of nonguildies as if they cant' use it. Because they *can*

*I* as a player will IC give my opinion on its use and argue with you about it, but OOC I WILL NOT enforce nor try and make anyone stop using it.

I do not feel it is my right as a player to force someone else to do something. I CAN however ask them to stop, and if they don't - I can either ignore them, or remove myself from the situation. that goes for any activity or discussion I don't like, not just this.

As all of you can as well.

This is an RP shard. This is how some choose to RP. You do not have to tolerate it, but neither do you have to be rude if they are not rude to you.

I have found that with most people I run into a small request is all that is needed.

If they are a member of Keir Chet, and you have asked htem nicely to stop and they do not stop - then please speak to one of the officers and take your issue to them. It will be addressed. The officers of Keir Chet are Allon, myself, Draxxis, and our guild leader Mordoth.

If they are outside Keir Chet,there really isn't anything *we* can do about that. It falls to you, the indivdual player, to make your desires and preferences known to the person who is doing so - and above that if they have one, a guild leader. And I would say that about *any* activity or discussion you are uncomfortable with being subjec to.

We encourage anyone who wishes to speak more in draconic to come to KCeRoleplay where we tend to use it more often (though in there if I am aware that others are playign who are not familiar with it I stop using it there too...and I'm really not that skilled in its use anyway...) if they feel unwelcome in other chat rooms.

We invite anyone who wishes to learn it to go to tinyurl.com/zl3f and look up under the Dictionary - its public access for a reason.

But we won't force you to learn it, we don't even "force" ourselves. If you wish to learn it great, we welcome you. If not GREAT there too!! You are free to do as you please.

I feelthat a certain amount of personal responsiblity will be needed for this issue to be addressed. I feel it ultimately will come down to - "If you want it to stop speak up and make your wishes known"

So please, continue the discussion - just try and remain respectful. As I have tried here, I hope I succeeded.

And I hope this can be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

Default Re: Dragon Language in Public Discussion

Ahh, Frith, it's futile...Who cares if it's an RP shard, people are always going to whine and moan about your RP because they don't like it...Doesn't matter that you are acting in character and in the world...If they don't like it, they won't ever leave you alone about it...

I was basicly told not to RP at all in New Player by someone, so I left that channel, not to return...I guess seeing somebody roleplaying in a way that doesn't involve 'Thee' and 'Thou' was just too shocking...We who actually want to play a role are a dying breed, being slowly chased away or beaten down by the unimaginative...

Next time I hear "This isn't an RP channel" or "I don't like the way you roleplay, it's too strange/hard to understand/violent" I'm fixing to light into someone, probably chase them away from the game, but I don't think I'll care...I don't want someone like that on Order...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Being one of the silly naka-duskael that does infest the duskael channel often, let me say this. I personally am not offended when dragons speak the draconic tongue there. I've learned a few words and can sort of figure out whether or not I need to be in on the conversation. Much of the time, it's not directed at me. When it is, if it's something I've not been able to understand, I'll give a quizzical look or respond back in what I think might be an answer, or I'll start spouting off in fluent classical Latin (I think Saphire ended up with that particular response). Nonetheless, given that Order is the RP shard, feel free to role-play as you will. For those who do not understand it, by all means, bespeak (a.k.a. /tell) the person you have no clue what they're saying. Perhaps they'll feel inclined to give you a translation so you can publicly respond to them, or keep the responses in private. But, please, let's keep the role-playing to a MAXIMUM.

After all, I thoroughly enjoy being Pernese.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

So much of this could be avoided if Tulga simply set down some guildlines and ground rules for those who DON'T roleplay rather than on those of us who do.

Instead it's.. be tolerant of different RP styles but always directed to the roleplayers, not the non-roleplayers. And lets not forget the ever popular, Roleplay in Istaria is to be of High Fantasy style found in Istaria but... what exactly IS the High Fantasy style of Istaria anyway? I have yet to find any documentation stating what High Fantasy in Istaria is. <sighs>
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Damnit Jim! I'm a gnome not a lemming!

Sadly the voices of the minority are being lost admist the crowd. The "roleplayers" on Order are in the minority now. We have been chased, chastised, derided for role playing in public channels and "disrupting" others. I cannot count how many times I have been told to "can" it.

Sinistre has been told in tells he is too much of an a** to all others but Fiends.
    Bori has been asked in tells why he detests Dragons so much.
    Adramaleck was chastised in Dragon for deriding a Naka that was in Dragon.

I have seen people told to speak "English" or just told to shut-up. I have seen people take something said as rp personally.

People reject something that seems strange or different to them.They will reject things they do not understand.If they are made to feel "uncomfortable" then they will voice that fact before they take the time to analyze why they feel that way. In my view, good rp should be like a good book. A good book will make you laugh or cry, feel dread or anger, bring your emotions to a boil and then cool them down. It is not just speaking "Thees" or "Thous" and bowing alot. Ssilmath and I have been both chastised for carrying on in General and many think we cannot stand each other. However, I consider him one of the better people I have met in game.

So to be deridden for using "Dragon" speech in a public channel is nothing new. Even though I have a Dragon and do not know the language I would not criticize another for using it. Adra would just ignore it. Bori would tell them to speak "common" and Sinistre would just sneer. (or toss a firebolt).

If people do not understand they will react by pushing away that which they do not know. Some, although lately that number has been getting smaller, will try to analyze and figure out what they do not know. Others need a walkthrough or cheat codes. (or in this case a translation)

Thats my copper worth.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

You bring up several issues with your post, Bori.

The first is simply this: sometimes (perhaps even often) folks cannot easily tell when you (and I use the generic, all-encompassing "you" here) are simply roleplaying and when you are expressing your actual feelings. And indeed there is a longstanding theory that even while "roleplaying" folks are in fact expressing their true thoughts and personalities.

Let's take your Adramaleck experience as an example. You state that you were chastized for "deriding a Naka that was in Dragon." Step back for a moment and put on the "Naka's" shoes. I know of several players whose bipeds at least lurk in Dragon channel for a variety of reasons. Some have main alts that are dragons, and join Dragon channel on their bipeds to continue assisting young hatchlings with advice. Others have high-level bipeds who enjoy assisting hatchlings with their Rites, or helping high-level dragons with their ARoP. And many of those folks have no clue who Adramaleck is or, more importantly, that your dragon alt might be roleplaying. Now if I had my main character--a dwarven cleric/chaos warrior with a 117 rating--lurking Dragon channel to see if any hatchling or adult needed help with his/her quests, and youor anyone else ragged me for having the nerve to join that channel, then I can assure you that would not only cause me to leave the channel for good (which apparently was your objective), but to hesitate in helping any dragon again. Roleplaying or not, that is the likely end result of your "roleplaying" conduct.

I'll give you another example. The other day a dragoness (who shall remain nameless) joined New Player channel--an officially designated OOC channel designed specifically to assist new players in the game--and within minutes belittled and derided a new player for NOT roleplaying in the channel. Though the new player dropped out of the channel to avoid further embarrassment at the hands of this dragoness, several of us PM'ed the young player and assured him the dragoness was waaaay out of line and convinced him to stay with the game. As with your Adramaleck experience, the result of this dragoness' actions was to drive someone out of a channel which he had every right and need to join, and very nearly dissuade him from continuing to play Horizons. Not a good thing at all. And you bet--the rest of us in the New Player channel chastized that dragoness severely for her conduct. She soon dropped out of the channel, and frankly, I hope she never returns to it.

I am in the foremost ranks decrying those who belittle or chastise others for simply roleplaying on Order. On the other hand, all roleplayers absolutely must keep in mind--indeed, take responsibility for--the potential negative impact of their version of roleplaying.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

One misconception Tantalyr. You are quick to jump to conclusions.I have never tried to drive anybody out ofa channel. The "Adra" incident was with a Saris who was "mew..mew..mewing" and he asked her to have a bit of pride in her race, she was no longer a kitten and should roar rather then simper. (then the ball got rolling). It was all quite done in character however I got told to stuff it, got blasted in a tell for picking on her, and so forth. Even AFTER I replyed back in tell that it was all rp. As far as other races in Dragon, it is NOT a private channel. It is public.

As far as your dragoness example that is why we still wait for clear,posted,visble guidelines that we have so long sought after. As Leannae mentioned, that would solve a lot of problems.

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

I am generally only in Dragon as Myrthwynn, my dragon alt. I have too many tabs as Levity. Myrthwynn was born an Elf in Hibernia, so she does not speak Draconic or read any Istarian languages. *imagines a lisp in Draconic*

But I do "hear" Draconic from time to time. From context I have learned a few words. Yet I was never one of those who learned Elvish or Klingon or any other constructed language; it was hard enough picking up German, lol.

So to me, folks talking in Draconic are talking in Spanish or Russian or Hebrew ... I have to assume they don't want me to understand, so I just visually gloss over it, occasionally being impressed by someone who can spout entire sentences of it. Maybe I smile and nod politely if they seem to address me. Just like I do in RL when my sister-in-law's husband's friends and family are chattering (they are from El Salvador).

It might be nice if there was a WoW-like language filter, letting folks talk in racial languages that others would have to level up in to understand. Nice for RP immersion, that is, not for actually assisting each other with game issues or being a united community against the Aegis. And the time to program such a thing would be prohibitive.

For now, I just shrug and ignore it. I am not obligated to respond to every comment in every tab. If a Dragon wants me to answer, that Dragon will speak to me in common; otherwise, it will just scroll away.

Tantalyr, you are quite correct. When interacting with new people, it is the better policy to be kind. In LARP I never played an evil character until I was well known in my RP community and always broke character the moment the game was over to make sure my "victims" had had fun. Even vain, self-centered Myrthwynn only debuted well after Levity was known as someone generally eager to help others. Levity had her own descent into darkness, but that was in a "local" RP group in the game; in public chats, she remained the helpful lass she'd started as.

And folks ... before you get offended at someone chattering in Draconic, ask yourself what negative impact it has on you. Must you be privy to every conversation in the game?

Rambling,
    Levity Merrel

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    One misconception Tantalyr. You are quick to jump to conclusions.I have never tried to drive anybody out ofa channel. The "Adra" incident was with a Saris who was "mew..mew..mewing" and he asked her to have a bit of pride in her race, she was no longer a kitten and should roar rather then simper. (then the ball got rolling). It was all quite done in character however I got told to stuff it, got blasted in a tell for picking on her, and so forth. Even AFTER I replyed back in tell that it was all rp. As far as other races in Dragon, it is NOT a private channel. It is public.

As far as your dragoness example that is why we still wait for clear,posted,visble guidelines that we have so long sought after. As Leannae mentioned, that would solve a lot of problems.
    I guess it didn't occur to you that your Saris "victim"--as well as others in the channel--didn't realize (or perhaps care) that you were "roleplaying," and instead saw your conduct as simply nothing more than unwarranted picking on another player. That is precisely the point I was attempting to make in my post--one should always consider the potential effects arising from "roleplaying." What you may view as "roleplaying" others around you affected by it may well see it simply as maliciousness.

And no, Bori, the rules are quite clear about the New Player channel--it is a designated OOC channel designed to assist and encourage new players to the game, something we all should hope for. The dragoness' conduct I described was not only mean, it was moronic.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

I was there during that incident.... And if you don't like the response that other dragons gave you, then you're guilty of the same thing you're accusing people of.... In Role-Play, many of those dragons would stand in defense of Starlight. Tokoz in particular had some things to say, and it was all in character. Most of the dragons that were speaking against you in channel were speaking in Role-Play. Starlight is an honored member of that community, and you said said something in role-play that offended her in role-play and offended other members of the community in and out of role-play...

Role-playing gives you the opportunity to be whatever it is that you really want to be. I've role-played some characters that were pretty "rough around the edges," but that doesn't mean that they were insulting or rude to other people's characters. Just like it was with pen and paper, if you do things that hurt other people's characters, why are they going to want to role-play with you? If many of the people who played wanted PvP, they probably would be playing somewhere else....

So if you don't like the fact that people respond negatively to role-playing, maybe you should consider the fact that if you insult someone's character, they can just as well role-play being offended as you role-played being the offendee....

And as my last comment on this: why role-play someone that no one likes? You can be anyone....

As for the language issue. I'm working that on a couple ends, but it's going take some help and co-operation... The dragon language used in game is copy-righted for educational purposes only. This makes it hard for it to be incorporated officially into game. I'm working with Swythe to start a website that will translate things into a language that I'm working on, that is more suited to the game. (ie there's words for Lapis Luzuli, and Paladin, and Reaver, etc...) You will be able to submit word requests from the website so we can add to translator.

In the end, I hope to have a well enough developed language database so that we can submit it to TG to have a basic look-up dictionary added to the interface...

This resolves the problem of some people being offended when people start speaking in a different language around them. Having spent time in Iraq and Germany, I have no problems with it, but there are some, particularily in America, that believe it's rude to discuss things that way... You have to balance RP with what some people think is down-right rude... If this was not the case the game wouldn't have a profanity filter...

In conclusion, everytime that Zideon has given specific guideline, such as at the community meeting before last, people have only aruged the point more. First you have to give Zideon the ability to have final say, then you can expect him to have final say.

Tokoz....what was said to me in that incident in tells was definately not rp and there is no way what I said should have offended anyone out of role play because I am sure she is not a Saris, does not mew, and does not simper, out of rp. But enough of that.

This all begs to have one question answered.

Why on a role play server are those that actively rp chastised more then those that do not?

I have seen more complaints in game about the way someone is rp'ing then I have seen in game about those that do not even attempt it.

Or is it as it was mentioned a few times post-merge. "I came to Order not because of RP but because there are fewer people and I have a chance at a bigger plot".

Excuse me if I am being cynical but as a few others have already realized, I am tired of being slammed for my rp by those to blind to see it for rp or by those that do not even make an attempt. What must I do on a RP server? Announce when I log in each and every day in a public channel that I am role playing such and such character? That should be a given on Order and the only announcements that should be different should be (OOC) marked.

So when Adra logs in it would read "Hello, I am a Dragon and although Helian, I come from a proud,strong and noble race. My pet peeve is seeing weakness displayed in others"

or

"I am a Dwarf and due to the fact that dragons burned my clans home village before the signing of the treaty I do not trust Dragons"

or as in what this thread is about..

"I am a dragon and proud. I do not wish for our discussions and language to be shared by the bipeds so I will speak in a tongue you cannot understand. Please give me a tell if you want to find out and I can translate for you."

If I have to post a disclaimer every time I log in to a role play server stating that what I do is all role play then why even bother?

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

please keep in mind...

Dragon Chat is a mixed OOC and RP channel. It has always been a mixed channel. It is not enforced RP (I'll never do it anyway, and until Zideon says otherwise, I won't - if it becomes RP only I"ll leave). It is there to give OOC informaiton to dragons and hatchlings and naka who have dragon related questions.

Now, keeping that in mind RP does occur there, RP is MORE than WELCOME (and I've always held to this and I do explain it to people in the room when they ask) to occur there in all forms.

BUT OOC (in game topics) IS ALSO WELCOME.

Because of that, bipeds have *always* been allowed in dragon chat. IN fact up until recently there was almost 100% OOC in there as far as dragon and game questions went and very little RP. The RP has increased recently, great, but it should not come at the expense of those there to get information or help.

Which is why BIpeds are welcome. THose bipeds are helpful to dragons :).

For someone to say "Bipeds aren' tin this room". OK first off there is no "room" in game. THer eis no "Setting" for dragon chat. Seeing as how most RP flying around in the sky in there - that would tell me its not understood to be a "Room". So RPing that bipeds aren't allowed in the "Room" seems a bit hypocritical - since in the "RP" realm its not a room. (for serious RP - I mean I RP going to a corner of the room but I"m usuallky just messing around).

But this isn't a discussion about wether someoen can RP being mad at a naka for being there.

This is a discussion about the dragon language being used and how we want to agree, as a shard if you will, how you want to handle that.

If you're RPing in a place like Dragon Chat where its not "clearly understood" you're RPing then by all means make it CLEAR (hey this is RP...). Sometimes that does have to be said.

I know a number of characters in there that to me, don't seem to get that - they flit in and out of "IC" and "OOC" and then when they are called on their actions they are all like 'Oh no its was all ic none of that was ooc" when they are crossing the line. They say they are always RPing, but its iffy if they are "always IC" when they are also involved in more ooc conversations.

But if you're RPing in a dragon area, and you're a naka - well then you should come to expect that at some point there is going to be OTHERS RPing THEIR Lunus Dragon, or their Elitiest Dragon, or whatever - -and that's what you choose to deal with.

Until word comes down otherwise from Zideon - I will continue to defend both the OOC in game topics and the RP in that room coexisting - as long as *everyone is on the same page about which they are doing*.

I think people aren't realizing that some are not taking it IC, some are taking it OOC and getting mad. Whereas some are meaning it OOC, and others are responding IC - and that will never work.

If someone says "Why is the naka in the dragon chat room" that is not IC - that is OOC. IF a naka then get offended in IC, and responds IC - then you've already thrown a huge confusion element into that conversation that just won't be very pretty....

when perhaps someone rather needs to addres that player in OOC - say "bipeds have always been welcome in dragon chat because of the ooc discussions"

But ultimately what I'm seeing ...and please don't take this post into an off topic "Where is the RP" rant...

Everything said here, just seems to point to people being more aware of what others are saying - wether they are IC or OOC - and addressing them POLITELTY to try and figure out what's going on.

Because of the nature of dragon chat - it should be easy to do that. Simply ask (wait are you talking IC or are you asking that OOC).

Or (can you speak common most of us in here dont know what you're saying...)

Me personally I will never force RP upon anyone in dragon chat. I believe the room as an OOC help room *NEEDS* to continue to exist. If Zideon comes down making that room RP enforced - then I'll be making another room to server the one purpose that room was ever only suppose to serve. And I hope the help follows suit.

But please let's try and keep this loosely discussion related so that we can know what the issues are. If we get into a "noone's allowed to Rp anywhere" then this just goes nowhere...there's already a rant for that. We're already in limbo for it.

Let's keep this more on topic - or at least - how we want to see conversations/disagreements addressed as a whole. Atr least some of us can be on the same page :).

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle

Why on a role play server are those that actively rp chastised more then those that do not?

I've never been chastised for RPing. The only time I've seen Starlight chastised for RPing (she is usually in character,) was your RP chastisement of her...

I think there are many questions you should be asking yourself...

I have 7 characters I play. Only the three "public" ones Bori,Sinistre and Adramaleck have ever been approached because of their rp. The other 4, although actively involved in role play have never been approached on it or chastised or reprimanded in any form whatsoever.

So I do not have to answer any questions of myself. Each one of my characters have their own particular quirks and foibles and I rp them all differently. The only reasons many know I am the above 3 are A) My sig B) I have told them. I have not done that with the other four so if I am not role playing them then why hasn't anyone figured out who they are yet? Come now, if I am not role playing then surely you can give me their names!

No, the question that needs to be answered is not about myself but rather by anyone on Order and that is "Why did I come to a role play server?".

Enough thread derailing. I am out of it. My apologies to the author.

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

"Because of that, bipeds have *always* been allowed in dragon chat."

My point exactly.

No, bipeds have NOT always been allowed in dragon chat.... only on your home server. On mine, dragon channel was tabu to any player other than a dragon. The draconic language had never been spoken on my home server and it wasn't until merge that I first encountered it. 3 world merged into one with 3 different ideas. Who's is right?

Whendragon channel became a public channel it became fair game to any player who wanted to wander in, dragon or not.

Once more we're back to... On <insert your home server name here> we did it this way, andwhy we need some guidelines and groundrules for THIS server. In another thread it was asked what happened to the community minded game we once knew. The answer is merger.Everyone brought with them more than novian resources and high hopes, they all brought along the way of life they were accustom to. The single statement of<insert any name>Channel has *always* been... only shows the resistance to accept any other way of life other than what was before.

I've given up asking Zideon to make a ruling. I've asked for, begged for, pleaded for sometype ofstance from AE, Tulga and every Dev whoever World Mastered any world I was in and get nada.I've been called thousands of names because I asked for some type of definition on roleplay TULGA style.

These meetings in game are all fine and well, but I don't have time to log in for them.Idon't have time to sit in IRC either. What I do have is time to read the forums when I geta break and log in for entertainment and enjoyment of a game.
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Zideon did make a decision two weeks ago, and said it in the community meeting. It doesn't surprise me that he doesn't say more because what he's said so far has been ignored....

To reiterate in short:
    1) Role-playing means different things to many different people. Tulga does not want to be the one to try and figure out every person's particular style, but would rather people be more tolerant of other styles.

2) General and New Player are both considered /ooc. He defined /ooc as being anything that a character in Istaria would not be aware of, such as sporting events, politics, news stories, or even game mechanics.

3) All other bot-ted channels are RP. If you feel like someone is breaking those rules, you should send a copy of the log to him through the support website and he will make the final determination.

4) Player created channels and tells are at the discretion of the players involved.

5) Bad names should be reported on the support website as soon as possible, and he takes naming violations very seriously.

Do I agree with this? No. I don't, although I'm willing to accept it for the time being. But...

Watch what happens... Watch how many people respond to this by saying: Well, you CAN'T do that to <insert channel here>.

He was definite on it. No one heard. I don't know Zideon personally, but I'd imagine that just like any other human being, he wants to be heard before people start criticizing him...

And once again, back to the regularily scheduled programming regarding dragon language...

You telling me that Zideon said blah, blah, blah in a game that I wasn't in when he said it means nothing. Did he post it? Is it made visible for people to see? Is it on the forums here? Is it on the HZ home site? Is it on the log in page? Is it listed on the launcher? Is there even a link somewhere to it saying Order Channel Policy?

I don't how to say this without being blunt about it, I havea life, I have a job, I can't attend these "world" meetings because I live in another world that require meetings face to face with real people in real places.

And please, role-playing means different things to different people so Tulga doesn't want to try and figure out a particular style? Well now, okay fine. I guess it's perfectly acceptable for me to begin from this point forward to roleplay a gargoyle prostitute in Istaria because well hey, it's roleplay, it's fantasy and it's my particular style.

Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order

Posted with the community meeting notes. We do that so all can see. Truth is though, even people that were there ignored what he said.

Zideon Locke

Everything I put on this subject come from the policies which are available to the players and have been since launch. They have not yet been changed and are no likely to. Want to read the policy in black and white.. go to https://horizons.istaria.com/horizon...olePlaying.pdf

I cant say it anymore clearly then how it is already written. My job comes in when there is a complaint about a specific instance, regarding harassment or violation of the policy.

Geez I hate to ask, but can someone give me an example of dragon language?

Jayne

Thread Information