Thread: Trying to get Pekka's Map Pack working in override folder

Default Trying to get Pekka's Map Pack working in override folder

With the introduction of the old beta dragon casting emotes and the realization that there IS an override folder and that the folder works (sorta), I thought I'd try to get Pekka's map pack (v2.9) working through the folder. Unfortunately, I'm still a relative newbie at this, so I haven't been completely successful. If someone with more experience than I (Pekka, Linnea, etc.) could please point out what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it!

What I've done so far...[*]Full scan of the game. (I deleted the maps and themes folders first, just to be on the safe side.)[*]Install Pekka's maps into an empty folder. This is so there is no confusion when removing stuff from the resources folder.[*]Copy the new map files into the resources_override folder. Folder structure should be: resources_override/interface/blahblahblah[*]Go to resources_override/interface/themes/default/defs/. Copy UIMapWindow.def into resources/interface/themes/default/defs/.[*]Go to "prefs" folder. In each of the character folders (Shard_CharacterName...ex: chaos_Zuraneve), open ClientPrefs_Main.def, scroll to the bottom, and change: string mapPath = "resources\interface\maps" to string mapPath = "resources_override\interface\maps"[/list]
    What happens when it's set up this way?

Cons:[*]Unfortunately, patching or doing a full scan still replaces UIMapWindow.def.[*]After patching, the layer buttons are a bit funky (in some cases, missing entirely) until UIMapWindow.def gets recopied from the map pack. This means that some markers may not be showing up on the map.[/list]
    Pros:[*]The game works fine set up like this. (I didn't do extensive testing, but it seems to work fine.)[*]After patching, only one file needs to be recopied (instead of the whole map pack).[*]After patching and before recopying the file, you can still see the pretty maps and the majority of the markers. In fact, as far as I can tell, all of the markers are still there and searchable, it's just the layer buttons that are refusing to work correctly.[/list]
    If anyone has suggestions on how I can fix this so I don't have to recopy the .def file every patch, I'd appreciate it!

Fridlekh

Default Re: Trying to get Pekka's Map Pack working in override folder

I believe the cause of your being unable to see half the stuff in the map pack is that custom assets aren't included in teh master_file_list, and only files listed on teh master_file_list get loaded by the game, if the file exists... if the file does not exist, the directories are actually scanned instead, and custom assets will be loaded.

See my post in the "Amon's FIX"... thread for info on how to start the game without downloading a new master_file_list

Thread Information