Thread: Construction questions

Default Construction questions

I just reactivated my account last night. After playing in beta and 3-4 months after release, I decided to try the game out again, but I've been out of the loop for 15-16 months so I need some help :).

I bought a plot last night and am planning construction for it, but have some questions.

1 - Silos had come into the game just about the time I was quitting, so I never really saw how they worked. As I understand it, silos can only hold 1 type of item, correct? Is there a limit to the types of items they can hold? or can they hold any crafting resource? I'm a fitter/mason (close to Tier 3 in both), so if I built some silos, could I fill one with iron sheets, one with slate blocks, etc.? Or do they only hold raw resources? Can I empty a silo and refill it with a different resource?

2 - My plot I bought is R only for now, but as I understand it, large R-only plots will become RCI next patch. Is this right?

3 - what machines can players build on their plots? Or more generally, is there an up-to-date guide on what shops/buildings can be built on a large RCI plot? The only guides I can find are from late beta and are out of date with what I'm remembering and since my plot is R-only, they don't show up in the planning window.

4 - I notice now that plots for sale have a flag on them to indicate they are available. Back before I quit, players were asking for some type of indicator for plots who had paying work available on them. Was this ever implemented?

Guess that's it for now. Thanks to anyone who can help :)

*edit* oh, one more thing. I hear the world has changed a lot in my absence. Does anyone have an up-to-date map showing where resources and world machines are located now?

Default Re: Construction questions

I'll try to answer what questions I can [:D]

1. Yes, silos only hold 1 item type at a time and can hold any type of resource.

2. That is my understanding also..all plots are being changed to RCI zoning.

3. You can go to http://community.istaria.com/and find a listing of the structures that can built, what their storage capacities are, what type of machines come with the structure, the material required to build them and their footprints.

4. There is currently no way to tell what construction a plot needs other than bringing up the plot window and looking at the Construction tab.

I use Pekka's MapPack for resource and machine locations as well as monster locations. You can find it here....http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3896

Thanks Meloric :)

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech
    1 - Silos had come into the game just about the time I was quitting, so I never really saw how they worked. As I understand it, silos can only hold 1 type of item, correct? Is there a limit to the types of items they can hold? or can they hold any crafting resource? I'm a fitter/mason (close to Tier 3 in both), so if I built some silos, could I fill one with iron sheets, one with slate blocks, etc.? Or do they only hold raw resources? Can I empty a silo and refill it with a different resource?
    They can hold any one item. If you wanted to, you could put a shoulder pad in one, but that would fill the silo. Stackable items like raw resources, processed resources, construction units, and dead mice are best.

2 - My plot I bought is R only for now, but as I understand it, large R-only plots will become RCI next patch. Is this right?
    That remains to be seen. Some of how it sounds makes me believe that only those plots resold back to the empire will be rezoned. You may end up selling your plot to the empire, waiting a time, and then having to re-buy it. But I can't offer a definite answer myself.

3 - what machines can players build on their plots? Or more generally, is there an up-to-date guide on what shops/buildings can be built on a large RCI plot? The only guides I can find are from late beta and are out of date with what I'm remembering and since my plot is R-only, they don't show up in the planning window.
    On an R-only plot, you get houses and all the curb appeal such as trees, boulders, walkways, etc. As was stated in the previous reply, the http://community.istaria.comwebsite offers that breakdown under Structures.

4 - I notice now that plots for sale have a flag on them to indicate they are available. Back before I quit, players were asking for some type of indicator for plots who had paying work available on them. Was this ever implemented?
    No. The flags only mean the plot is for sale. Any paying plots have to be found out by visiting them and checking in the building construction windows to see if there is any coin to be paid.

Guess that's it for now. Thanks to anyone who can help [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

*edit* oh, one more thing. I hear the world has changed a lot in my absence. Does anyone have an up-to-date map showing where resources and world machines are located now?
    Pekka's Map Pack can be found elsewhere in the forums. With the exception of the newly-done Lesser Aradoth, it's pretty complete.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Kerech wrote: 2 - My plot I bought is R only for now, but as I understand it, large R-only plots will become RCI next patch. Is this right?

That remains to be seen. Some of how it sounds makes me believe that only those plots resold back to the empire will be rezoned. You may end up selling your plot to the empire, waiting a time, and then having to re-buy it. But I can't offer a definite answer myself.
    Ok, I can answer this definitively. ALL plots have been rezoned to RCI.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information