Thread: Different Bans for Different Offenses?

Destroy

Default Different Bans for Different Offenses?

I'd like to take a moment and address the enforcement of the rules of the Official Horizons Forums.

The question that I have is:

Is there a system of bans that get increasingly worse the more times you break a rule?

IE:

1st offense: 24 Hour Ban
    2nd offense: 3 day ban
    3rd offense: 1 week

Etc.

Or, is each ban left up to the moderator for length of time, etc?

Thanks!

D :)

Edit: I realized just now that I have been unbanned? I still have NO PM of my ban, the reasons, and no contact from any moderator regarding my posting here - or the conditions of my ban, etc? Hello?

Isabela

Default Re: Different Bans for Different Offenses?

Actually what you set forth looks pretty good to me.

Dont see any reason to perma ban anyone for the first time banned. Looks like they were fair with you as your back. :)

Destroy

Quote Originally Posted by Isabela

Actually what you set forth looks pretty good to me.

Dont see any reason to perma ban anyone for the first time banned. Looks like they were fair with you as your back. :)
    I guess so? I'm a little confused.

This is why I asked this question in this thread.

If you are un-banned, Destroy, then I truly do commend the mods for doing what I think is the right thing.

Malaficeint

*casually points to the thread with Destroy in the title*
    Perhaps that will shed a littl elight on why...as to duration and severity of the punishment....Dangit or Peaches will need to make an appearance.

Destroy

I would hope hat the duration and severity of bans would be the same throughout the community. Consistency of moderation is the key to a happy and healthy set of forums.

I would also suggest you PM them with your first post questions and your suggestions.

Don't rely on forums to get communication from Mods - they can't be everywhere all the time. And while I KNOW they visit here to watch what is going on, they can't do it 24/7.

So for a quicker response to why your were Ban, why you're no longer ban, or do those timelines you suggested (which seem fair to me) - I'd suggest a PM to Dangit if you've not done so already.

And just because I can play with them now...

[S]

Quote Originally Posted by Destroy
    1st offense: 24 Hour Ban
    2nd offense: 3 day ban
    3rd offense: 1 week
    Where does "On approval for the rest of your natural born life" fit in there?[:)]
    Ikfel the Crafty Dwarf
    Level 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Miner, Scholar, and Outfitter

Yortsed

Did the moderators intentionally overlook this one?

Oh YEAH!!!

Exavier

Destroy, don't be dumb, you know why you were banned, what I don't understand is why they didn't keep the ban anylonger :)

But, except from that....

24 hour ban? you gotta be kidding me
    even 3 day and week ban is not enough

People get banned for flaming ect. Hence seriously breaking the rules. Imo if you get banned, you get banned for a month first time.. after that if you get banned again you get banned for life.

Let me make something clear though. I do not dislike you in anyway.. think you are cool enough but I dislike your absolute disrespect to your surroundings which encourages me to stay away from these boards because everytime I come to read someone is flaming another one. It goes further than just flaming, it is personal flaming which is absolutely disrespectful. If somebody doesn't have respect they don't belong here.

Learn a few things about respect and I will back you up, but till then I still think that the way you wrote you should still be banned

doggod

Learn a few things about respect
    I don't like you.

Thread Information