Thread: Elemental Archer Change

Default Elemental Archer Change

When I played an El AR2 things that stood out were 1) Elemental Arrow I II III were just plain worthless and 2) there was no Energy attack. My suggestion is this:

Remove Elemental Arrow and in its place put 'Energy Arrow' I II III which does Energy dmg. and hasthe same mechanics as the 4 existing elemental attacks with a scaled chance (5%, 10%, 15%?) to proc a dmg. kicker like the old Western Deadlands Stones, scaled to tier. The Glowing Beveled Stone, for example, was a lvl 55 crystal, gave 96-131hp extra dmg on 5% of hits. Just using that as an example because its the only stoneI have access to, and because 3 of 4 existing El Ar attacks duplicate to some extent effects from the WD crystals.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Aboroth

Default Re: Elemental Archer Change

not a bad suggestion...

but just so you know, lets say you use flame arrows, then energy attack, flame arrows was cast first so your going to do flame damage, but if you do energy attack, then flame arrows, you will get all the abilitys of flame arrows, but will be converted to energy damage in the mean time if your looking for energy damage

I am a lvl 100 elar, straight up, i think the best suggestion to this one would be... get rid of lightening arrows all togethor, and add Energy arrows, this would act almost like lightining arrows, a percentage chance to cast stunner on the enemy, which of course stuns it, but the catch is, the energy arrows would do 90 percent of damage, but modify the delay so it is shorter, like the energy bolt. This would i think, give more interest, i know 3 or 4 elars that use nothing but lightening arrows, even on treants. By doing this you will add more speration between rangers and elars.

I also think spirit arrows sould do less damage, but it would be etheral damage, just like spirit bolt, now when you fight spiders or beetles, your attacks will go throw, and we all know some of the good spots in the game is fyakki. This would add more of a character to the class, instead of using one arrow, you will now use your arrows to the surrondings, and not just lightening arrows.

The one thing i would like to see to the elar class, is get rid of the elemental arrow, and add an arrows witht he same recharge, with an ability to give a random buff from what arrow you are using, for instance, ice arrow would give ice barrrier as in the conjurer class, also adding the defense part of ice arrows, flame arrows would give infix fury, givng the ofense part of flame arrows, lighting arrows a ranger ability ( dont really know any but...) lets say energize, or in the best case scenrio cloak of thorns (yea right LOL),spirit would cast etheral prox (cant spell it so ill leave it there) leaving the health part of spirit arrows. This would add more elements to the elemental archer class.

Allof those ideas/suggestions seem pretty nice. Could add a really "fun" element to the class - that's for sure. I don't play an archer, so remind me again, the arrow points away from you when itsnocked, right?

Bulgrim
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

lol bulgrim. yes nice ideas for changin out lightning arrows to energy and such
    heres some wax..go wax the string bulgrim ;) it'll last longer and not fray!
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

Aboroth

whoops.....forgot something hehehe

You suggestion is goo trust, i was just adding my imput, tis all [:P]

Well obviously you've put a bit of thought into it Aboroth. I'm glad to have a full time El Ar with input similar to whatI had in mind... tells me that I'm not completely bonkers.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Thread Information