Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon "Cheat Sheet" PDF

Default Dragon "Cheat Sheet" PDF

You guys have done a great job keeping all the dragon quests updated on this site. There's a bunch of information that's very handy to reference while playing! However, some people can't alt-tab out or have issues with it, or just prefer to have something tangible nearby to write on or refer to (like myself).

So I've grabbed some info, from here and some other places, and compiled it into a 2 page PDF file. It's not going to be extremely useful to most of you oldtimers, but I'm hoping that others who aren't quite as experienced will find it at least somewhat helpful.

I'm going to try to keep it updated and if someone notices anything wrong (major or minor), please post here and I should have it updated within a few days. In addition, if there's anything people would like added, mention it below and I'll try to gracefully squeeze it in. ;)

The file is located here: http://www.myfoxie.org/horizons/Dragon-Notes.pdf and the file name IS case-sensitive.

Default Re: Dragon "Cheat Sheet" PDF

Thanks!! Now I can toss parts of my chicken-scratch notes [:D]

Always meant to consolidate them, but I only need them from time to time so I have just been too lazy to do so.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Now that items show HV in game, I'm going to take out the list of hoardables tonight while the servers are still down. I'm thinking about replacing this with a list of dragon specific forms (i.e, primal line of spells and claws/scales/scalepacks). I'm considering including the rest of the biped spells and techs, but I think I'll include that as a separate .pdf. Thoughts?

I should have a new version up in a few days, so if anyone has suggestions for things to add, please drop me a line here or in game.

----------
    Things currently in the .pdf:

Dragon trainers: location, name, what they train in, and quest level
    Techniques: all those useful to dragons that are still currently obtainable in game (salvage is on the list, even though it's not really useful)
    Spells: just the ones that are primal based
    Hoardables: shinies!
    Hoard: Optimal values for hoard by level
    Links: where I pulled my info from

----------
    What I want in the new version:

Remove hoardables, add checklist of forms
    Fix Miemonus' location
    Add/change the link for ARoP walkthrough
    Add new page with a checklist of all the spells dragons can make (still might make this a separate .pdf...hmm..ought to go check the biped forums to see if they have one already)
    Anything else people think needs to go on a "cheat sheet" that I can fit into two pages ;)

Don'tthe Healing, Primal and Tooth & Claw Masters give quests every 20 lvls? 20,40,60 [^o)]

Otherwise great initiative and it looks very nice... [:D]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

nope. 20 and 60 only

Scar

The Mastery Quests (for whatever reason) are the ones that are done every 10 lvls. The ones you RECIEVE from the Master Trainers are not counted as Mastery (least not in my completed quests log). Fixy Fixy for confusion purposes (noticed after clicking post). The ones recieved from Master Trainers just go under Primal/TnC/yada yada down the list Adept/Expert/Master (when if added) for the before yada yada down the list quests you can do. Figured id clarify that. I may be wrong, but i think i remember the confusion right. 7am EST and i havnt slept yet [*-)] If i am wrong (ill check when i log back in later today) i will make sure to correct it.

Me and Zuran bumped into confusion when trying to figure out what quests one another had done from that. It is rather confusing and a tad annoying, but such as life. Id rather not waste Dev time fixing something that just makes me a little confused ^_^ Easily sorted out and easily thought through, it just takes a second of slamming your head against a wall.

P.S. The wall won...this round.

Yck Raganos - Dragon - Chaos
    *cries* Im smaller then some dragons now!!!! *sad* guess i have to finish ARoP and reclaim my bigness!

Scar

OoooOOooOo before i log, idea what to add onto the sheet of the cheat!

What lvl you aquire the placement of a new scale!!!! (we all know every 10 lvls...) But Where!!!! its like....chest at 1....wing at 10, head at 20, another wing at 30, foreleg at 40, 50 = hindleg, 60 = foreleg , 70 = hindleg, now is when im confused (only lvl 52adv/69craft myself), 80 = back? , 90 = tail? Corrections accepted and pretty wanted (helps when u plan ahead and get the comps for techs for future scales....now the problem for me is finding someone to CRAFT them.)

Yck Raganos - Dragon - Chaos

yep, that's correct, and yes, that's a good thing to add

Thanks Yck! I'll be sure to get that in there. :)

grobanite

[8-|] this is the bomb! thanks ever so much! [Y]

grobanite

Something that struck me right off the bat, a checklist like the spells and techs for all the formulas we can learn (and maybe section off the spells we can MAKE that we can't use)

that would be MOST helpful for me, who likes to have everything.

Firstly let me say how much i like the pdf ..
    Great job thank you to the people involved ..

There are however a number of (albeit largely ignored) techs that can go on scales that may be used.. Most specifically a numberof the crush resist, crush ward ones and magic ones for use on the Sat islands.

Personally I'm planning to make a set of Crush resist ward scales or fighting gols.
    In all honesty most people do not bother with these .. but they are techs that will go on scales .. and they can be useful :)

again great job - thanks for the pdf

Something that struck me right off the bat, a checklist like the spells and techs for all the formulas we can learn (and maybe section off the spells we can MAKE that we can't use) that would be MOST helpful for me, who likes to have everything.

Working on it, actually. :)

Firstly let me say how much i like the pdf ..
    Great job thank you to the people involved ..

There are however a number of (albeit largely ignored) techs that can go on scales that may be used.. Most specifically a numberof the crush resist, crush ward ones and magic ones for use on the Sat islands.

Personally I'm planning to make a set of Crush resist ward scales or fighting gols.
    In all honesty most people do not bother with these .. but they are techs that will go on scales .. and they can be useful [img]emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

again great job - thanks for the pdf [/i]

Awesome, now that I know those are usuable, I'll definately be putting them in.

Also, my apologies for being slow in getting the next version out... Having some stuff to deal with and getting called into work more than I anticipated are slowing me down considerably. I'm hoping to get this done this weekend, but the latest version should be up no later than a week after that (I hope).

Thank you all for your suggestions!

for that matter, all resist and ward techs can go on scales, even life ward...

Yay! New version is up and ready for viewing. Same place as before: http://www.myfoxie.org/horizons/Dragon-Notes.pdf. Unfortunately, it's now 4 pages long, but if you don't craft for bipeds, only the first 3 pages are for you! As always, if there are any suggestions/comments/complaints, please post them below!

This version contains:[*]Trainer names, locations, what they train in, what levels they give quests[*]Optimal hoard values by level[*]Scale slots by level[*]Spell checklist by Tier (for scribing spells)[*]Formula checklist (scales/claws, blighted scales/claws, resources, dragon spells)[*]Lairshaping formula checklist (not official, these are just guesses on my part)[*]Techniques useful to dragons[*]Biped spell formula checklist (with skill)[/list]
    Things changed in this version:[*]Removed hoard items[*]Corrected Miemonus' location[/list]
    Things that can be added on request:[*]Boons/Bounties/Blessings[*]Spell techs for biped spells[/list]

Vyr

Er... That link points to the old version.

Vyr

Same link, new version. I printed it out from that link. Have you tried do that broswer cache-clearing thing? or try reload/refresh? If it's still an issue, PM me your email address and I can email it to you.

Vyr

Bah. It was the cache. I should of thought of that.

Looks good!

That's awesome.

Thanks for doing all that work!
    Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Now if there was a Biped Cheat Sheet with techs, spells and such available. [;)]

Thread Information