Thread: dragon crystals

imported_Zayin

Default dragon crystals

would it not be cool ifthe dragons could make biped crystals that go in tools,armor,weapons , and jewelry give them another outlet to make money besides spells and i think it would be a great addition to the game.edit forgot about them of course they could make dragon useable crystals.

Default Re: dragon crystals

[Y]
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Now that's defintely something the devs should look into :)

[Y][Y][Y]

Quote Originally Posted by Zayin
    would it not be cool ifthe dragons could make biped crystals that go in tools,armor,weapons , and jewelry give them another outlet to make money besides spells and i think it would be a great addition to the game.edit forgot about them of course they could make dragon useable crystals.
    Very nice idea Zayin, but I was wondering about certain things...
    Under normal circumstances a crystal needs to have nice benifits before it will be used...
    Will these benefits be in form of some or all techniques?
    Will it be random upon creation just like the blighted stuff?
    Or will it be a little of both?

Depending on technique would be bad I think...
    To many of the same crystals would be created...

Random creation could be fun...
    For example a chance to get a crystal with a 10% chance to getbleed against the enemy during a claw attack...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I've wanted classes to be able to create crystals for a long time. I sent some suggestions to TG (what was then AE - this was back in June/July 04).

I felt it should be available to both dragons and bipeds as a specialized class. I felt that crystal creation is akin to creating artifacts - something like an "Ender's Game" class. The main problem with being able to introduce (ie create) crystals thru the player base is some one will figure out the optimal crystal to make very quickly and mass produce them. Therefore they should be treated as a very powerful ability to effect the game long after any player is gone.

I tried to address that problem in my ideas - it wasn't perfect but helped to limit the mass production problem.

Basically my premise on crystal imbuing was that it would take special materials and the life force of the creator. Essencially it would suck the life and abilities out of the crystal crafter, which would then slowly regenerate over time (like DP's do). I also felt there should be a chance of failure with every crystal creation.

An Example:

Lets say you want to create a weapon crystal with +20 dmg, +20 armor, +40 Health and a Proc Abilitylike a life tap (this would be a Tier 6 Crystal). I know, it seems extreme for a weapon crystal - but I feel that playerbases are too often under estimated.

First you would have to find (either thru fighting a Tier 6 Golem or thru quarrying Tier 6 gems) a "perfect gem" of the tier of crystal you want to make. I thought the formula used to gather Essence of Blight might be a good one.

- For the +20 Dmg effect: the imbuing woulddeplete your Strength and Dexterity by500 pts each (1 point of dmg=50 pts ofadjusted str+50 pts of adjusted dex).

- For the +20 Armoreffect: the imbuing woulddeplete your AU by 1,000 pts (again 1point of armor = 50 pts of AU).

- For the +40 Health effect: the imbuing would deplete yourHit Points (or Health) by1,200 pts (1 pt of Health = 30 pts of your life).

- For the Life Proc: the imbuing would deplete your Blight Skill and Spirit Skill by500 pts each - providing something similar to a Surgent Peridot but next tier up and greater chance of proc'ing. For dragons - any kind of proc or damage add would take from primal skill at a lower rate than bipeds because dragons magic is lumped into primal skill for the most part. They should have an equal chance of creating fantastic crystals.

Now, these drains on abilities and stats aren't permanent. They would regen at a slower rate than DP's but eventually the Crystal Maker will be at full stats again and able to make another very powerful crystal - or could chose to make lesser ones in a greater number. The reason for a slower rate than DP loss is because sometimes you die by accident or mis-fortune. Creating the crystal is a deliberate act to influence the world of Istaria.

Obviously, I feel that along with tender loving care and rest, good food and drink should hasten the rejuvenative process (shameless plug again for confectioners).

Those are my thoughts and an address to the fear of player induced crystals.

Bulgrim

Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

I do like Bulgrim's ideas, and yet for some reason, I would like to see this sort of school as more of a dragon thing. In part I suppose because dragons are associated with crystals.I realize I sound a bit prejudice, but I really would like to see the bipeds rely upon dragons for SOMETHING, as dragons already rely upon bipeds for things such as cargo disks, potions, and other things that dragons cannot make, but can certainly have a need for.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Well, please note - its takes much more out of a biped than it does a dragon with my idea. Myabe it should be the case that dragons have the ability to make more crystals than bipeds - I'm fine with that.

Bulgrim

P.S. My main concern is still with the introduction of some powerful crystals if its left unchecked. I don't care what is done -I just don't want to see a bazillion "l33t" crystals in the game. Which is what would could very well happen with players making them.

Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

I have to agree that this should be a dragon only thing as Dragons have nothing that Bipeds have to have but bipeds have all kinds of things Dragons have to have. As to not seeing the market flooded with l33t crystals That is fairly easy to do with some of the things they are already talking about adding. The new rare resouce finds I.E. the Perfect gems. Would go a long way towards limiting this. Also use mob drops and rare resource drops from other resources like stone and metals for the L33t crystals. Also have rare drop forms and techs for the L33t crystals. But also allow lower power crystals to be crafted with out the perfect gems and such.

By making them dragon only it helps close the loop of the economy. Offers something the dragons can offer in trade for other items such as hoardable.

imported_Zayin

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    I have to agree that this should be a dragon only thing as Dragons have nothing that Bipeds have to have but bipeds have all kinds of things Dragons have to have. As to not seeing the market flooded with l33t crystals That is fairly easy to do with some of the things they are already talking about adding. The new rare resouce finds I.E. the Perfect gems. Would go a long way towards limiting this. Also use mob drops and rare resource drops from other resources like stone and metals for the L33t crystals. Also have rare drop forms and techs for the L33t crystals. But also allow lower power crystals to be crafted with out the perfect gems and such.

By making them dragon only it helps close the loop of the economy. Offers something the dragons can offer in trade for other items such as hoardable.
    Yes this was pretty much my ideas on this. I am not a dragon but i think it would

give them a chance to be part of our economy.

Manga was on the other day with all the AROP3 action going on and one of the draggies complained that we needed a mith rune stylus to do a dragon quest .. Manga replied that soon the bipeds would have to come to the dragons for something -

"after all - who else knows how to work with crystal" .. seems your wishes are about to bear fruit.

[+o(]* The idea I would have to ask a biped to craft me a tool AGAIN in order for me to grow larger * [+o(]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information