Thread: Structure Storage Capacity?

Default Structure Storage Capacity?

I may just suck at search phrasing, but I can't find anything listing the current bulk capacities of silos (I did find the site listing the /old/ capacities, i.e., 6K bulk for I's/II's). I'm trying to decide whether to switch to all T I silos on my lot (they are short and easily hidden behind things, even if they do waste more ground space) but I want to know if I am losing a lot of capacity.

I *think* they will hold the same 32K as my T II's, but I'd like to know for sure.

Thanks,
    Levity Merrel

Default Re: Structure Storage Capacity?

Nope, T1's hold 20K bulk, T2s, 32K bulk. I don't remember T3 or T5, but I think T4 is in the 52-56K bulk range, and T6 (thing looks like some gnome is going for a moon shot [:)]) holds just short of 100K.

Ok, my thanks for that info. I guess I don't mind so much, I'm going from 4 T II's to 10 T I's if my current site plan looks good in 3D [:D] -- less per silo, more overall. And the T I's will barely be visible (thanks to Maiyr's clever how-to-hide them discussion).

Now to wait on tenterhooks for the Novian bugs to be fixed ...

-Levity

Whoa! Can you link Maiyr's how to hide?

I did a search and didn't find it! That would be Awesome. I only have a few T1's on my plot simply because it doesn't ruin my 'sky line'. Now if only my neighbours would consider the sanity of having their ENTIRE PLOT WALLED with T5 silos (I somehow doubt they will ever finish the 70 T5 silos).

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Typically I place my silos against a guild house or some other similar structure then add hedges around the outsides. You really barely see the roof tops and they are selectable from the rooftops. I have had a few comments on how it really helps with the beauty of the plot and still retains storage functionality.
    Brazius of the Five awaiting the Feast

Indeed, that discussion was face to face. Now that palms are available, I intend to use a bunch of "ground small variant 2" palms to screen off the silos that will be butted up against my Tier 1 shrine.

This means using T I silos since the others are taller than the shrine roof, but I'm going from 4 T II's to 10 T I's, ergo, extra storage.

As to the palms -- never thought I 'd rue not having plantered versions. But I really want some palms in my tiled walkway and the planters would make it into a seamless boulevard. Ah, well. Maybe with the new tiny tile footprints I can overlap? Nah. Then the tree would be growing out of the stone.

*think think think*

-Levity

The capacity of Tiered silos increases by 12k per tier. So T1 is 20k, T2 is 32k, 44k, 56k, 68k, 80k for Tier 6.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information