Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing back Nadia...a poll

Realm of Order [Elsewhere: Los Angeles or Wesley Chapel]

Default Re: Bringing back Nadia...a poll

Who's Nadia? Where was she?
    j'Phaelluin:Mage/Monk/Scholar/Cleric,Druid,Scout,Warrior/Blacksmith/OutfitterTiaeruih:Scout/Cleric,Mage,Warrior/Outfitter/Scholar,BlacksmithMhoss:7DragonAdventure/3Crafter

Yes, Bring her back because it is still completely unacceptable that all the tech comps that are required are not on the loot tables and/or are on mobs that dont spawn in sufficient quantity to reasonably hunt your own comps.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    My vote: Yes (at least until [1] all the components are in game--e.g., myloc hairs, brains, etc., and [2] the drop and spawn rate for such beasties as zombie ogres are increased).
    This is my vote as well
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

No.

But instead of bringing her back, just add the comps that dont drop to any mob you like so that we can be done with the lot of those thieving crooks!

Death to the Vielo!
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

No- We managed to surivive before she showed up. Just get thoes comp drops tweaked out.
    Lumineux Talar

Near as I can figure it so far its 14-10 in favor of yes

yes does have the proviso noted in replys. I agree with the part concerning the comps not yet in game. I do not agree the part concerning the so-called rare or hard to get comps

I will say this:the hard to get comps are just that...hard to get there are plenty of mobs and the drop rate is fine I got 6 red fringes, 12 blues, half a dozen aboms, couple of kwellans and ZoTs plus several comps ranging from dire wolf fangs to mithril golem frags in numbers from 2-30 in 3 days. It's all in knowing where to hunt, how to hunt, and how to get where the action is. Spawns and drop rates are fine. IMO, we've gotten lazy. Does anyone here remember pre-merge arbotus gullets??? or Imbued Armor Splinters? We've survived before Nadia, we'll survive without her
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

No

But make all the comps available in game
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Yes, Kwinn, I remember pre-merge, many of us remember it. It was possible to get 20 arb gullets in a couple hours of work. With regard to all these fantastic claims (not attacking you) that have been made by so many folks here by all means do share the location or sell them to me, I'm happy to subsidize those that want to hunt for them, I would rather give my money to someone else and not the Mafia.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Yes, bring her back, I would prefer to get shafted by an NPC than by a farmer on the impossible to get drops.

forget it Kwinn...

this stuff is easy yes,but not for the children of a lesser ****.

they want convenience, equality, carebear on prozac ect...

not sure man.

i remember running accross people like Zodias, Carinde, Ash, yourself and quite a many others who interestingly were able to get these impossibly raredrops...you guys earned it. i don't consider it camping or farming. i'm not a crybaby. not anyone who rightfully EARNED something is a camper or farmer. you guys were simply hunting for comps. all is well. and yes, i usually light you guys on fire while you were AFK, then move along find myself a nice spot to hunt.

and it's possible to do while having a few Coronas.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    forget it Kwinn...

they want convenience, equality, ect..

Unfortunately Phillip, it appears you may be right. It's sad really, and it will be sadder when the servers finally shut down because no-one wants to play a game where everything is handed to them on a silver platter. Of course, they will blame that on someone else too... :/
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn
    It's sad really, and it will be sadder when the servers finally shut down because no-one wants to play a game where everything is handed to them on a silver platter.
    Naaaa, now it's still the time for those who are leaving because of the mithril change....as soon as those are gone, it's time for those who are leaving because they think everything is so freaking easy.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Bring her back with the unavailable comps...

Time to start weaning the kiddies...

P.S. Farmers go after Fyakki and Necroflies, I've never heard of someone farming Zombie Ogre Toes or Mighty Aegror Pus Packets en masse
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Phillip wrote: forget it Kwinn...

they want convenience, equality, ect..

Unfortunately Phillip, it appears you may be right. It's sad really, and it will be sadder when the servers finally shut down because no-one wants to play a game where everything is handed to them on a silver platter. Of course, they will blame that on someone else too... :/
    Ok lets hear from the high and mighty, where did YOU get your zombie toes and the like for YOUR armor?... Hmm, time to call the kettle black I believe it is.

And you have a better chance of keeping players if you dont make things unattainable. Folks aren't quitting cause its too easy... :) You WILL see people quit when you make things overly hard without good reason.

YES

looks like 2 to 1 for yes so far

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Yes
    Fleshrend - Chaos Server
    94 Cleric 12 Warrior 10 monk 8 mage
    100 Blacksmith 100 Mason 91 tinkerer 100 Carpenter 100 Fitter 80 Scholar 73 spellcrafter 41 gatherer 49 Miner

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    My vote: Yes (at least until [1] all the components are in game--e.g., myloc hairs, brains, etc., and [2] the drop and spawn rate for such beasties as zombie ogres are increased).
    Can't say it better than that.

She should go at the same time the above happens, then and only then.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

I will say this:the hard to get comps are just that...hard to get there are plenty of mobs and the drop rate is fine
    Agreed in thatsome comps should be hard to get, but define hard and define plenty.

I got 6 red fringes, 12 blues, half a dozen aboms, couple of kwellans and ZoTs plus several comps ranging from dire wolf fangs to mithril golem frags in numbers from 2-30 in 3 days.
    Sure, that's 3 days, and how many hours of farming/comp hunting? Also consider, that whatever time you come up with, you're still not ready to make a suit of armor.

It's all in knowing where to hunt, how to hunt, and how to get where the action is. Spawns and drop rates are fine. IMO, we've gotten lazy. Does anyone here remember pre-merge arbotus gullets??? or Imbued Armor Splinters? We've survived before Nadia, we'll survive without her

I know several people that are accomplished hunters, and most of them agree that even when knowing where and how to hunt, the drop rate should still be upped a bit. I can go out there with my biped and enjoy the same luxuries you do (and perhapsa bit more efficiently, no offense,since everything drops in 1-2 hits) and it is still a very, very long grind in attaining fringes and toes.

Should it be that difficult? For the most part, I don't think it should. I would like to see one of the following occur to some degree, perhaps both:

Increase in spawn number, or increase in drop rate. Leave them in a nasty spot that mandates a strong player or a strong group, no objection with that. But I've killed plenty of vexators and sure haven't scored many fringes.

To be more specific however, I AM in favor of having certain drops being hard to get, especially at a higher tier. I think it's reasonable that a strong player should be able to get enough comps for a full suit of armor (1 type of comp for 1 tech) if they spent a full day hunting said mob. Currently the setup is that the majority of mobs take only 1 hour to get 24 comps (or less than 1 hour spawn depending), and the rest take days. Just seems imbalanced.

-12-
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Kwinn wrote:
    It's all in knowing where to hunt, how to hunt, and how to get where the action is. Spawns and drop rates are fine. IMO, we've gotten lazy. Does anyone here remember pre-merge arbotus gullets??? or Imbued Armor Splinters? We've survived before Nadia, we'll survive without her

IAS were very easy to get, it's just that there weren't many people pre-merge (not on bounty, on other shards there were) that were tough enough to pull in the big pulls of those humanoids. That pit near harro that was full of the humanoids was a gold mine if you could pull the whole spawn.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!

Yes.
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Thread Information