Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *WARNING WARNING DO NOT READ DO NOT READ THIS TELLS YOU ABOUT THE ELAR EPIC WARNING WARNING*

Aboroth

Default *WARNING WARNING DO NOT READ DO NOT READ THIS TELLS YOU ABOUT THE ELAR EPIC WARNING WARNING*

Hows the title now??? [:P][H][8-|]

Well some of us (all i know on chaos) have managed to do the burning archer epic quest.

The first 5 rask take you to locations for scrools, from the hilltops of kirascant, to the burned down tree in Selen, and even the tree in dralk near the lava pool that Burning Archer saved by enhacing the tre with flame defense, so it would stay alive.

After that you find a locket, this locket is a mess, dirty, rusted, and you have o take it to the jewl trainer in Kion where you then have to give up the locket for study.

From there you engage to the wizard tower, where The elar trainer in Dalimond and the Archwizard have been testing to "find the flame" or "crete the flame", in order to do this you got to go to Fire Island. ather i asourded amount of comps gor study. When youreturn you must help the elar trainer in feladen, because her techs used on her bows, kept shattering, so you got to gather some comps for her to prevent this from happeneing and speak to the alchemist trainer in Sslanis.

You thenGo back to the wizard tower, finding out that the comps gathered, wernt the strongest, and have to go back to fire island, and kill the named for the comps. After that you work your way back to the locket, where an Ecryption has been in place basiclly saying, Dont let the flame harm you, love the flame, for when you love the flame you will become one and we will resist it. And a socket that looks like a crystal can fit.

This crystal is being produced by the Archmage, but guess what, the comps failed again, you got to go back and kill the named Fire Opal and compact the power of the COmpants into a fragment. After you due this you get the fragment and the locket back, but in order to make the fragment into a crystal, you got to find a jewleral, and the one in kion is to afraid to, so you got to go to new rach jewleral and talk to her.

Where she then asked, to find a picture. Yes a picture in old rach. You see when it was taken over and her family had to run, her mom gave her a picture of the family just in case if they died, she would never forget them. THey got her over a wall where she then waited for a while, and n parents, she looked over the wall to see her Dad being sain by an Abomination [:'(] and the head riped apart. She was frieghtened and fell down a hill, were the WA had searching partys for survivers, she managed to escape but befoe she knew it, she had lost the picture [:'(].

After you find the picture, she carves the fragment into a crysal and then places it in the locket. You now have to kill Surthiem at Fire island. Who is Surthiem you ask, a lvl 115 Fire golem who helped create the Island. You must kill him, and the locket is the key to your survival.

After you kill the golem you go back and find out basiclly it was a floak, they had the tech to give you Burning Archer to begin with, and all the quest was to make sure you were worty of the Burning Archer, and can handle its power, and not be consumed like he was.

The story of Burning Archer is as follows...

The mos powerful Elar found a way to channe his flame like no other into his other.His power killed anything in his way. Once an enemy was slain he searched for another, till none opposed him. Then one day he killed his lover because he thought she was conspiricing against him [:'(] . After he relized what he had done he called upon the elders to meet him. Where he then stood in front of them, and an army of 30,000 troops ready to slay him if he killed the elders. He pointed his bow at the elders, then the tropps, then to the skys were he unleashed his arrows straight up into the air and aimed towards himself. he was killed, consumed by his own power.

(shortened version basiccly tired of typing but ya get the point lol)

hope you enjoyed the story [:D]

Default Re: Burning Archer

wow great story

btw the first epic non-masterable! the first epic without the old mistake

I will say the quest was mighty fun to help with. Many thanks to whomever wrote or was part of the quest design. Great story, great fighting, great reward.[Y]
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by tjl
    I will say the quest was mighty fun to help with. Many thanks to whomever wrote or was part of the quest design. Great story, great fighting, great reward.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]
    Unless Im mistaken it was Rawdge's first attempt at doing an epic quest. Glad you liked it!
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

imported_Silveron

How about a spoiler warning?

Sounds like a fun quest!

Thanks for the information, Abe.
    fangorus
    -----------------
    What would YOU Do?

I agree that there should have been a spoiler warning. I've never liked hearing how a book or movie ended before getting the chance to experience it for myself. I'm adding quests to that list. Well quests like this one anyway. The story line is way better in atmosphere and it's over all telling as you go though it, than the spoiler here.

Aboroth has really been looking forward to this quest for a long time now and I think partly the lack of spoiler warning was an oversight on his part more than anything.

[:O] 35 Area, Dark Cyclone has like 10. Better be careful where you aim that thing.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Aboroth

Quote Originally Posted by Silveron
    How about a spoiler warning?
    Well excuse me...

I wanted to poast this inforamtion as soon as i got the quest done, but i decided since i was the first one to get it, I would wiat for the other Elars on the chaos server to get done with it, most of them (only know of one more person to get )

And when i got it, i have gotten ton of requests to post this information on the forums about the quest for numerous people, including some ELARS who have yet to got it.

Thanks for the rude remark I really apreciate it, after i took the time to write this information down for the people who wanted it. As far as im concerned your titled to your own opioion, but if you have nothing nice to say dont say it at all, this post was intended for those who wanted the info, it is no my vault yo read th information about it, a spoiler warning...if you didnt want the infomation and tale about it, you shouldnt of read it all the way through.

And cloe you got the quest done already (which i help yu out a little bit with , on the first 5 tasks basiclly), how was it a spoiler to you???

As for the oens who posted good comments on a good quest, i thank you for them, and your welcome for the information.

Aboroth

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img] 35 Area, Dark Cyclone has like 10. Better be careful where you aim that thing.

LOL trust me im still getting used to it. I cant remember how many times i cast it, and got the whole group killed because 1000 other mobs jumped in LOL

However i think its most effective for pulling mobs, like at the blights spot, if you got a good group, no point in sending one in possibly dying when i can target one and pull the whole field lol

Aboroth

Whoops, just read my first post, forget to add a line for...

Thank you all whom have helped get th quest done, thats Torvos, Arkolite, EmilyDawn, PJ, Aamer, and others. Also,the ELARS i grouped with on the first bit of the tasks.

Congrats on getting your epic. Sounds like it was fun.

You may want toeditthe title of this thread to include: *SPOILERS*

Got Cowbell?

Nice, and sounds like an fun quest. BTW, is that a spell or an ability? If a spell, this would be the first with 'cannot be mastered' label as spells make such a thing redundant with their 'usable by' list (which, I notice, is also there). Looks like an ability, because it is tied to a non-spell skill. On the other hand, normal abilities have no skill requirements... >__>

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

You missed the point, this post is a spoiler and the suggestion to edit the title to indicate so is a good one.

Aboroth

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    Nice, and sounds like an fun quest. BTW, is that a spell or an ability? If a spell, this would be the first with 'cannot be mastered' label as spells make such a thing redundant with their 'usable by' list (which, I notice, is also there). Looks like an ability, because it is tied to a non-spell skill. On the other hand, normal abilities have no skill requirements... >__>
    Ability

Still waiting for mine.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Aboroth

Quote Originally Posted by Cloe

You missed the point, this post is a spoiler and the suggestion to edit the title to indicate so is a good one.

Why does it have to be a spoiler? Basiclly asll the elars dont it already, others arnt going to expierence it becuse they think the elar class sucks, and its going to be 3 or 4 months for one elar i know to even reach 90.

Why cant it just be a informative about a quest i have done, and other people that want to know about the quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Aboroth
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Cloe wrote:

Why does it have to be a spoiler? Basiclly asll the elars dont it already, others arnt going to expierence it becuse they think the elar class sucks, and its going to be 3 or 4 months for one elar i know to even reach 90.

Why cant it just be a informative about a quest i have done, and other people that want to know about the quest?
    Hey bud,

While I agree that nobody plays and elar because they suck, I do think it would be good to put "spoiler" in the topic if you can still edit it.

Why?

Because regardless of the fact that the elar population is probably 4, the post does walk through the quest.

Just my opinion, see you in game.

-12-
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Aboroth

Quote Originally Posted by Twelvebagger
    Hey bud,

While I agree that nobody plays and elar because they suck, I do think it would be good to put "spoiler" in the topic if you can still edit it.

Why?

Because regardless of the fact that the elar population is probably 4, the post does walk through the quest.

Just my opinion, see you in game.

-12-
    Yes, however i posted the information because poeple asked me to...
    That and i got tired of teeling people in game about the quest, got me killed a few times trying to type and fight LOL

I think what there saying is there nothing wrong with putting that into the title, so that others that maybe doing the quest will know that this post lays it out.

I believe the info and your experience is great! But it think its just like a warning label. The label itself doesn't hurt anyone or demeans your post, just lets others know what to expect if they chose to read it.

Jayne

Thread Information