Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Novian Resources

Default Re: Novian Resources

I would rather they had returned the raw resources, either in finished products (bricks, bars, etc) or resources (ore, stone, etc.).

You could return stuff based on the person's efficiency in those areas, and since no Novians would be involved people would not raze plots for them unless they are builders/crafters themselves.

The Novians make non-crafters into crafters. If I were someone with several high-level adventure classes and little to no crafting experience (or a single profession, such as miner), I might seriously consider ripping up pre-built plots to get the Novians and avoid the high cost of have crafters come and build my plot.

People would be less inclined to raze a plot for resources, since they would not sell nearly as well.

In addition, it would create less of a strain on vaults that have been packed to capacity and beyond by Novians that are no longer of any value because they don't fit into the new plot plan.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Any word as to when this Novian Exchange might get implemented?
    Brazius of the Five awaiting the Feast

Ok, investigated this and here is what will happen:

The Vielo are happy to announce that they will begin an exchange service for Novian resources. They will gladly take your lower tier Novian resources and exchange them up a tier. There will be the normal Vielo fee, and of course the exchange will require more of the lower tier be exchanged than are returned in the higher tier.

Thank you for your suggestions,

David Bowman

p.s. Will take me some time to get the Vielo to do this, but will squeeze it in.

Could we have an update please on this. My vault is overflowing with Novians.
    Juliana Lightsmith (AR: 179, CR: 180)
    Chaos Server

Same here.
    The idea of attuning EVERYTHING was rather stupid. Some items should be tradable, especially marketable one.

Why some item were attuned (like novians and old crystal) is beyond me.

You can't even use your novian on a guild plot or guildies.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

I'm also keen to find out what the progress with the trade-in is. Currently sitting on 200k bulk of unusable novians in my vault, unless I forego the tier III/IV structures and choose beginner structures instead.

I'm also feeling somewhat guilty after DB mentioned on the IRC channel a week or so ago that some players are taking up 15 meg of storage on the database, I wonder how badly my vault is contributing to that with all the different types of novians in it ?

Just a little note on plots, reclamation, and etc (not to incite any flames or anything [:S]) but I do find it kind of sad to go out to some remote little community to collect a nearby resource,only to discover that the little machine hut used for processing since forever is suddenly gone, and nothing but bare dirt remains....[:(] along with most of the little former community....

I dunno the circumstances behind all of those so I'm not pointing fingers, but it is nice for plots with machines near associated resources to stay open and functioning. I found it was nice to gather and craft in these little out-of-the-way places, rather than the main locations for sandstone, slate, essence, iron, etc. Usually less crowded that way. [:)] But....we'll survive.

Nothing accusatory, just thought I'd make a note of that particularly nice bit of community spirit, the good folks who build machines for us to use on plots near resources. Here's hoping, may they never fall by the wayside.

Does everyone appreciate the stoneworking hut near the slate field in Mahagra? [;)] You bet your tails you do!

Wouldn't we all love to run all the way back to Mahagra proper to process our loads of slate slabs?

[:)] Best wishes all you plot owners, froma little crafting nerd Dragon!

The ability of the Vielo to uptrade Novians for a fee and an inefficiency in quantity is now possible for us to do. We need to do a fairly substantial amount of data entry to get it to you, and will do so as soon as we can. We are in the process of adjusting the 'loot tables' for our monsters, and this is a substantial data entry process that has higher priority than the Novian exchange. Thank you for your patience.

David Bowman
    David Bowman

Really appreciate the update David, thankyou for your time !

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    The ability of the Vielo to uptrade Novians for a fee and an inefficiency in quantity is now possible for us to do. We need to do a fairly substantial amount of data entry to get it to you, and will do so as soon as we can. We are in the process of adjusting the 'loot tables' for our monsters, and this is a substantial data entry process that has higher priority than the Novian exchange. Thank you for your patience.

David Bowman
    Thanks for the update David!

And how about setting things up something similar to how the craft tokens are used to buy formulas and the candy is used to buy masks?

Just designate each novian to be worth an amount from 1 to 12 depending on type and tier, and make the purchase rate 5 times the worth (or whatever purchase rate you'd prefer). And when there's lair novians, they can be added in.

So.....

Tier 1 timbers, sheeting, blocks, bolts, and spheres would be worth 1 point each towards a purchase. And the same would cost 5 points each to purchase.

Tier 1 braces, joints, keystones, tapestries, and sources would be worth 2 points each towards a purchase. And the same would cost 10 points each to purchase.

Tier 2 timbers, sheeting, blocks, bolts, and spheres would be worth 3 points each towards a purchase. And the same would cost 15 points each to purchase.

Tier 2 braces, joints, keystones, tapestries, and sources would be worth 4 points each towards a purchase. And the same would cost 20 points each to purchase.

Tier 3 timbers, sheeting, blocks, bolts, and spheres would be worth 5 points each towards a purchase. And the same would cost 25 points each to purchase.

Tier 3 braces, joints, keystones, tapestries, and sources would be worth 6 points each towards a purchase. And the same would cost 30 points each to purchase.

Tier 4 timbers, sheeting, blocks, bolts, and spheres would be worth 7 points each towards a purchase. And the same would cost 35 points each to purchase.

Tier 4 braces, joints, keystones, tapestries, and sources would be worth 8 points each towards a purchase. And the same would cost 40 points each to purchase.

Tier 5 timbers, sheeting, blocks, bolts, and spheres would be worth 9 points each towards a purchase. And the same would cost 45 points each to purchase.

Tier 5 braces, joints, keystones, tapestries, and sources would be worth 10 points each towards a purchase. And the same would cost 50 points each to purchase.

Tier 6 timbers, sheeting, blocks, bolts, and spheres would be worth 11 points each towards a purchase. And the same would cost 55 points each to purchase.

Tier 6 braces, joints, keystones, tapestries, and sources would be worth 12 points each towards a purchase. And the same would cost 60 points each to purchase.

Neat and simple, and allows people to exchange whatever they have for whatever they need.
    And it will help get the novian overload out of the vaults. [;)]

Hmm....Just reread what you wrote and saw you wanted a fee also.

Well, instead of the Vielo, make the NPC a friend of Grant Smyth's. Have him/her somewhere where we have to pay an amount to get to him (such as a portal) or have it that we have to pay him/her a bribe to let us exchange our novians for some of the Empire's.

Something on the lines of this:
    "Well...I don't know. That's a lot of work to find all the papers. Of course if I received some overtime pay!..... *Bribe official 1 silver*

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    of Azure Twilight in Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman

David Bowman
    One question though, will those traded novian attuned too?
    I'm trying to get rid of mine without having to Delete them.

Since Dragon Lairs won't take Novian ressource, I need a way to discard them without deleting them.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Just returned from taking a year off.
    Purchased a plot and applied as much of novian resources I could.
    Was left with just over 6,000 resources in my vault. Since I could not use my vault properly and since novian resources do not fit in silos I had to delete them.

It was a sad day that is for sure. But I can now use my vault :)

Thread Information