Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Novian Resources

Alanide Syris

Default Novian Resources

I am glad the Novian resources have been implemented for deconstruction:) It just seems a bit limited to me, since I believe the main reason people would deconstruct, would be to upgrade the structure. I realize that they may also choose to just change the structure all together and at the same tier lvl, which this system will work fine for. But, if you are upgrading, the majority of those novian resources beome about useless. Maybe they could add a system where you could trade in lower tier resources in for higher lvl ones at an appropriate exchange rate. I.E. turn in 10 cedar timbers in for 5 elm timbers or 10 cedar timbers in for 1 oak timber, etc.

Just an idea that may improve the plot construction process for the owners :)

Default Re: Novian Resources

That is a very spiffy idea. Especially with attuned Novians, you're stuck with a full vault or have to delete things that took hard work to make if you are doing a full upgrade.

Me, I'm mostly moving stuff around on my lot (very soon now, just waiting a taaaad bit longer for those flower bushes and to see if the foliage footprint issues are fixed). I'm still 100% behind this idea.

-Levity Merrel

I like it! The numbers are a bit low for the exchange IMO but with some balanced give and take this would work a treat! I'd really like to see something like this get implimented.

A process to transmute novians would perhaps work. A "Trade in" system would be more difficult as you would need a vendor with all the novians stocked. There would also be a problem with the "attunement" with a trade in system.

Just allow Enchanters to add an extra ingrediant from the tier of the resource you want to exchange for and let them transmute. With a decent return rate of course.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Well, the idea is good in concept, but what's to keep me from taking a whole bunch of Novian Sandstone and turning them into Tavertine, even if I don't have the masonry skill to make granite...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Law of diminishing returns, Ssilmath. By the time you transmute enough sandstone novians to Travertine, you would have been better off quarrying marble. If you have to transmute 1 step at a time (upgraded buildings are usually one step up) then by the time you transmute 1000 sandstone to Travertine you would not have much to show for it.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

I like this idea very much. I will see what we can do.

David
    David Bowman

Only problem with your suggestion Bori is you still have issues with attunement and only the person with the novians can do the transmutation.

I don't think it would be very difficult to put in an NPC with links in their dialog for the upgrade.... Ooo, and maybe one of the Vielo could do the exchange for a "small" fee. *g*

(I had a whole rest of the post detailing how it would work but my botchy keyboard ate it so bleh, maybe another day lol)

Ok, investigated this and here is what will happen:

The Vielo are happy to announce that they will begin an exchange service for Novian resources. They will gladly take your lower tier Novian resources and exchange them up a tier. There will be the normal Vielo fee, and of course the exchange will require more of the lower tier be exchanged than are returned in the higher tier.

Thank you for your suggestions,

David Bowman

p.s. Will take me some time to get the Vielo to do this, but will squeeze it in.
    David Bowman

Now to see if we can get those Vielo to downgrade higher tier materials as well. IE 1 Novian Cobalt Joint would equal maybe 2 Novian Steel Joints or 4 Novian Iron Joints, or 6 Novian Bronze Joints. Again, for a "small" fee.[;)]

I think this is hogwash. Most have tore down other players plots for the novians. They get stuck with a bunch of lower tiered novians jamming up their vault.
    Lol, and now you want to reward them for it?

Unreal
    NimK
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfingers
    I think this is hogwash. Most have tore down other players plots for the novians. They get stuck with a bunch of lower tiered novians jamming up their vault.

Unreal
    NimK
    1. How can they be other players if the plots are for sale and they haven't been around in months?

2. I have personally torn down some old plots in out of the way places with vacant lots all around. I used some of those novians to build (or am in the process of building) two machines and a vault in Harton Valley, which did not have these structures previously. The rest went toward the three plots I purchased in South Gate after having previously owned 4 in far-flung locations (some structures remain unfinished, but this community is now tremendously built up).

3. I also intend to use the last of whatever Novians that remain to build up a plot in another area that requires a vault or other similar structures. These will all be for community use and the accounts paid by for me, unless someone else wants to take them over. All of my machines and community buildings always have been and always will be open to the public. Being able to turn these novians in for resources or other tiers of novians will aid in this endeavour.

4. Get off that high horse and quit lumping people together under one umbrella.

Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    Ok, investigated this and here is what will happen:

The Vielo are happy to announce that they will begin an exchange service for Novian resources. They will gladly take your lower tier Novian resources and exchange them up a tier. There will be the normal Vielo fee, and of course the exchange will require more of the lower tier be exchanged than are returned in the higher tier.

Thank you for your suggestions,

David Bowman

p.s. Will take me some time to get the Vielo to do this, but will squeeze it in.
    I would settle for the chance to do a deconstruction on them as well, but it would be nice to be able to trade, say, sandstone blocks for sandstone keystones -- at the aforementioned premium.

"Building Istaria, one block/bolt/sphere at a time."
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Great idea Alan ... hmm ... where have I heard this one before? Oh yeah ... Guild Chat ;)

I'm glad to see the DB is moving forward with this. Will be nice to offload some of the Novians for the higher tired stuff.
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Quote Originally Posted by Brassandyn
    1. How can they be other players if the plots are for sale and they haven't been around in months?
    they are other players' stuff because you probably did not build them. IMO of course.

Did you do the work to build the structures you raized? probably not.
    Are you using the novians on your own buildings (regardless of its community value)? yes.

Now you have absolutly done nothing wrong, as sadly this is Tulga's intent. And here is why I do not like the OP's suggestion:

People like yourself will have varying amounts of novians (usually tier 2 and below) leftover they cannot apply to the newer upgraded structures that may require higher tier building matierals. So instead of hiring players in the game to do the construction work, you have the option now of just going to the VIELO (of all npcs[8o|]), and applying them yourself.

That is why I oppose this suggestion. It has the potential to reduce the need for construction classes. To which I might add Mr. Bowman... are they not being changed in the future to need MORE construction work? so they can actually level?
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Quote Originally Posted by Brassandyn
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Crazyfingers wrote: I think this is hogwash. Most have tore down other players plots for the novians. They get stuck with a bunch of lower tiered novians jamming up their vault.

Unreal
    NimK

2. I have personally torn down some old plots in out of the way places with vacant lots all around. I used some of those novians to build (or am in the process of building) two machines and a vault in Harton Valley, which did not have these structures previously. The rest went toward the three plots I purchased in South Gate after having previously owned 4 in far-flung locations (some structures remain unfinished, but this community is now tremendously built up).

3. I also intend to use the last of whatever Novians that remain to build up a plot in another area that requires a vault or other similar structures. These will all be for community use and the accounts paid by for me, unless someone else wants to take them over. All of my machines and community buildings always have been and always will be open to the public. Being able to turn these novians in for resources or other tiers of novians will aid in this endeavour.

4. Get off that high horse and quit lumping people together under one umbrella.
    Ok Big shot, I would get off my high horse if they were in game. Maybe you should read the discussion forums and you would realize that many have exploited the situation. I dont give a flying fart if you dont. But MANY HAVE. ITS AN EXPLOIT. Nuking plots to sale novians. Now you want to reward these banditos by letting them trade in others hard work for higher tiered novians. HOGWASH.
    Read the forums

NimKhazad

Alanide Syris

Ok, I in no way do I believe this idea is hogwash- it is not. You are basing your opinion upon the fact that people are exploiting the Novian system, and I agree that these people should not be rewarded for their actions, and I do see the point that is being made. These people will be able to further their exploitation with this idea, which is why I still believe that a 30 day wait period should be added, as many people have sugested, to remove this exploit. And yes, i mean remove, because these people are looking for a quick, easy way to may some SP, so if the 30 day wait period is applied, these people will realize they can not reap huge sums of money anymore and move on looking for the next exploit. This mentality of punishing all for the deeds of the select is absurd. You can never totally get around people "exploiting". They are in all games and in genral ruin the fun for others. There are steps that can be taken to minimize these sad abuses, but minimize is about as good as it will ever get. And believe me Crazy, I was as hot as you about what was being done. A total disregard for community in a game that revolves around community. I only suggest that you calm down some and look past the immediate anger that you feel about what has happened. Chances are these people will be gone soon anyhow. These types are not interested in community and achievements, they are only concerned with being the highest lvl and richest as fast as possible, and with such a mentality, they will get bored and move on to look for another game they can exploit. This idea is meant to help the "true" Horizon player, the one that has put their heart and soul into building their plots and community. And, this is not a one for one swap, you will have to put in more low lvl Novians to get less Higher tiered Novians so in no way do I think this will hurt Construction crafters. It is work that has already been done. Think about it, a person could choose to just build a different shop of the same tier lvl, and be able to use all the Novians. You would not need to hire out for a crafter anyhow. With the trade in, you will get fewer higher tiered Novians for more lower tiered ones, which will in no way complete an upgrade, but it will keep you from getting a vault full of useless Novians that you can neither use or sell (legit wise, that is). This tradein system is so far away from crippling the Construction classes. And, at first I wasn't thrilled about paying a fee to exchange as was suggested by David B., but then I realized that that would also deter people from using this as an exploit.
    I don't mind paying a fee, as long as it is within reason, to echangeNovians in for something I can use, and stillfeel that my work was not completely wasted.And, further, who says this will keep people from hiring out? I don't hire out anyhow, I have worked hard to be self sufficient and I will use that to it's fullest. People are still going to hire out for initial construction projects- where there are no Novians. This is all based on work that has already been done, and before you state the argument that people will go exploit as many plots as possible for the Novians and build up all new projects and leave crafters in the cold, I once again say "Instate a 30 day wait period". And trust me, I have no desire to "reward" the people that exploited the situation. If were up to me, I would expell them from the game. But, it comes down to the fact that they have not actually violated any game rules, so that will not happen. And if you are honest with yourself, have we not all "exploited" the game in way or another? Have you ever power leveled your character? Ever have guildies gather bricks or bars for you so you could just process the final product for experince? Etc. Proudly I can say my exploiting has been minimal, but alas, I too am guilty of it. Just not in any way were it affected a community so directly and negatively. I have seldom power leveled, but have done it a couple levels here and there. And, I of course, took advantage of the gambling den bot when it was buying items at a much higher rate than PB's, who didn't? So, before you look down and pass such harsh judgement as to punish all for what a few are doing, look at yourself and what you have exploited :) Judge not ,lest thou be Judged. Everyone eventually gets what's comming to them, it's karma. But, it is not up to you, or I ,to pass judgement and sentencing. And certainly not in a "blanket" form. It is best dealt withby taking measures to prevent the original exploit from happing in the first place. I do not know why Tulga did not put that in to begin with, maybe it is more complex to do than we would think- I do not know. Well, I have gone on far longer than I intended - want to play the game :) So you know Crazy- I hear you and agree with your intent, just do not believe in denying others, like myself, from reaping full enjoyment out of the game because of a few selfish people. On that note- have a great day :)

So the logic is, I built or paid to have the buildings on my plot built, and now all I can do is "Move" them from spot A to spot B? ARE YOU SERIOUS?? So a few, and it is only a few (be real here) people have exploited the system and so now the whole system should be scrapped? That's too funny.

I should be able to upgrade my plot if I so desire. If I have to pay for the upgrade with a few extra novians and some silver, so be it. I'd rather do that then delete the structure or the Novians. Novians as a whole are a good thing, they allow players to mix things up. Why pay over and over and over and over and over and over when you want to drop a T2 silo and replace it with a T4?

And the argument that this is going to take away from construcution work ... have you been in the const channel latley, not like it's booming now is it.
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Quote Originally Posted by Machivelli
    So the logic is, I built or paid to have the buildings on my plot built, and now all I can do is "Move" them from spot A to spot B? ARE YOU SERIOUS?? So a few, and it is only a few (be real here) people have exploited the system and so now the whole system should be scrapped? That's too funny.

I should be able to upgrade my plot if I so desire. If I have to pay for the upgrade with a few extra novians and some silver, so be it. I'd rather do that then delete the structure or the Novians. Novians as a whole are a good thing, they allow players to mix things up. Why pay over and over and over and over and over and over when you want to drop a T2 silo and replace it with a T4?

And the argument that this is going to take away from construcution work ... have you been in the const channel latley, not like it's booming now is it.
    How you been in Horizons lately? Its not like its booming now is it? Maybe if issues like this were thought out properly before implementing it would be booming?

Many have exploited the heck out of this. Please fix the first exploit before adding another.

NimKhazad

Thread Information