Thread: A Few Questions

Kagisk

Default A Few Questions

I used to play Horizons. I left about this time last year, when the Horizons team fired half their devs. Back before the bankruptcy. Anyway, I had a few questions I wanted to ask about Horizons in the current day and age.

I had a Lunus Dragon back before I left, and it seems like there's another company running things these days. Would it be possible to retrieve my character at this point?
    If so, would it be possible to use the 14-day free trial with my character to see how things have changed? Would it be worth the trouble to ressucitate a level 40 dragon (ie, how do dragons play now)?

Thanks for your time.

Default Re: A Few Questions

All of your characters should still be available to you as Tulga has never done any character wipes.

Dragons are MUCH stronger now than prior to the merge due to upgrading of their inate armor. As an example, since level 30 or somy dragonregularly takes on and defeats beasties 5 to 12 levels higher than his adventuring level.

Sorry, but I don't know how the free trial works.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagisk
    I used to play Horizons. I left about this time last year, when the Horizons team fired half their devs. Back before the bankruptcy. Anyway, I had a few questions I wanted to ask about Horizons in the current day and age.

I had a Lunus Dragon back before I left, and it seems like there's another company running things these days. Would it be possible to retrieve my character at this point?
    If so, would it be possible to use the 14-day free trial with my character to see how things have changed? Would it be worth the trouble to ressucitate a level 40 dragon (ie, how do dragons play now)?

Thanks for your time.
    not so much another 'company' is running things, they got more money and changed the name on the door, its still the same otherwise from before the bankruptcy, other than they have less staff than before.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

A free trial doesn't give you access to your previous characters. The only way to test with your previous characters would be to subscribe for one month. There have been no character wipes since it went live, and all accounts are still there. You may have lost some items in inventory/vault that are no longer in game and if you've been gone that long, you will definitely have lost any land you owned (and gotten coin in return).
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Dragons are not only stronger, but have had more quests slowly added. And as I'm sure you've read, lairs are being tested on Blight, and are on the verge of introduction. Ancient Rite of Passage is a ways off for you, but much of it is ingame now. Also, you'll see quite a bit of new territory; the Northern Continent, for levels 40-60, Ice and Fire Islands, 80-100, the abandoned Island, the Werewolf Island, and the guild islands. The evils infesting the Eastern and Western Deadlands were replaced by higher level evils. And mobs have been moved around a lot. I'd suggest downloading Pekka's map pack for a guide as to where they are now.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

There was no bankrupcy, only filings for bankrupcy protection. Luckily AE/Tulga never did go bankrupt, so therefore your character should still be alive and well.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Halgar

Glad you asked that question as I am going to be back from a year long vacation to club hell (Iraq) in a couple weeks. Sounds like we missed about the same stuff. Since you're gonna have a bit of a head start on me, maybe you can let me know what you've found most notable about the changes since you played.

Thread Information