Thread: Raid on Bristugo last night

Default Raid on Bristugo last night

I find it mildly amusing that of all the folks complaining about a lack of dynamic events and such, not one has posted about the raid last night. You would think these folks would want to voice their appreciation, in an effort to show the developers it was not only not wasted time, but is something desired by the vocal part of the community.

Unfortunately I was writing a support ticket while my wife was enjoying the event, and by the time I got in game the event was over.

On the other hand, a fair number of us relocated to the outpost and did some killing out there for a while. One thing that I got to see that I thought was really cool was Ahmer lobbing arrows from up in the tower. Had that 'defending the Outpost' kind of feel to it, and I had to just hover there for a second watching arrow after arrow streak down into the mass of critters at the gate. FUN!!

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Default Re: Raid on Bristugo last night

Without you dragons, our arrows are just mosquitoes compared to a GR SS Rage combo attack :)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Blast! I missed out on the raid. [:(]

Didn't get back from the lab till around 10:50PM CST, and all I could think about was getting some sleep.

Alanide Syris

I agree - was a blast despite the lag :) And I walked away, well actually recalled away :), with only 6 dps :) Was nice to see this happen :)

I tried to get there but my FPS was below 1. I am not saying this is from a problem with the game. I need to increase the RAM in my desk top. That said I bet the onslaught was awesome!

Jayne

Word of advice for folks... Taunting the guy with the spawn command is NOT a good idea unless you like death points. [:P]
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Word of advice for folks... Taunting the guy with the spawn command is NOT a good idea unless you like death points. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    */em gives Amon kitty licks*
    As I have said before:I lovethe feeling of "taunting god" when events like this happen and the devs are actually paying attention to our taunts and jeers and respond in full force!

Sadly, I missed this raid. I love the surprise of the raids, but hints as to when a few are going to occur would be nice.... Not all of us can be on 100% of the time. :(

Other than missing it myself, I am happy to hear there was a raid!
    Thank you devs!!!

LexDivinia
    Chaos
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Taunt] It was too easy! Only 1 dp! [/Taunt]

I had a great time at the raid. I went as druid first - o.O insta-death (druid 42). Changed to reaver 100 and put on my real armor and got to do a little payback on the mobs.

Fun, fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Word of advice for folks... Taunting the guy with the spawn command is NOT a good idea unless you like death points. [:P]
    I don't mind a few fresh dp's in the morning! I got myself 38 during the merger, so six are nothing! I say bring it on! *taunts Amon into another raid* Forgot the dragon cities again! Nyaah! :P
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

oneirosuchus

Oh, I logged my kitty right into the thick of it and died before I had the world loaded. Rats. Once I did get loaded, FPS went up nicely, and hovered around 15 fps until some kind soul rezzed me (bound there, too, so no good recalling) and I had to move. I threw out a few heals at the defenders, but as a lowly 56 cleric, I had to beat it when a death dealer and a phantom mage both came after me.

Ooooh just wait til I get bigger! :D

Razon

I thought the raid was great, and the diversity of mobs that were spawned was a good plus as well.

I also thought it was intesting that the area of the spawns was moved from behind the valut at the landing pad, to the valley east of there during the mid way point.

all in all it was great fun, and only got 5 dps during the raid.

Thread Information