Thread: WISH is back ... they call it Irth online but I beta tested wish

Default WISH is back ... they call it Irth online but I beta tested wish

and was just invited into this beta. the toons look the same, buildings and such also.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Default Re: WISH is back ... they call it Irth online but I beta tested wish

Similar post in another set of forums.

Read the news or mmorpg.com search - Irth Online bought the art assets of Wish.

I played Wish beta 2.0 for a few days, there is a difference in game mechanics.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

You move the toons like in wish. Your skill advancement is like wish. You do things like in wish. I did not apply for this beta. My thought is they bought more than just the art assets.

I was in the early wish beta, before 2.0

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

my question is. are dragons still a playable race?

dragons were never a playable race - dragonKIN were. But they are not in IRTH online and aren't slated to be at this moment.

And no they aren't the same game.

IRTH bought some art assets, and possibly even has several former WISH employees employed (if I remember soemthing I read awhile back)- but from everythng I've read about the game. It is NOT WISH.

They are however, bringing in cyclops. The rest of their races are the sameo-sameo.

And yes I was in WISH beta before it went open - these are not the same game. Similarities? Yes. Identically the same game - not even close - unless they are lying on their website. I too was invited to the beta - I'm passing. Not enough time and no interest. I looked at this game even before WISH went dead *sniffs and cries*, no interest, looked at it again since - no interest. So..it can't be the same thing ;).

Skill advancement isn't a WISH Original ;), toon movement in no way was all that original, and neither was their craft/fighting techniques - as far as they got before it was shut down :(. Other things however, I was greatly looking forward to and am still waiting to see the game that does them...IRTH doesn't.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

So THAT'S what that was!

OOPS! I forwared it on to the FTC as spam!
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

they would be hard pressed to bring dragonkin in since the dragonkin assets were bought by another company

I have fond memories of WISH. I got my beta invite, proceeded to DL the client and went to login. In the meantime, they had cancelled the game. I look at Irth Online and read the "preview" on mmorpg.com -- no thanks. Not unless it's free.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Dangit NotAChance
    they would be hard pressed to bring dragonkin in since the dragonkin assets were bought by another company

aww dangit!! come one!! WHO!!! DANGIT!!! Don't go be like that given'me hope...

(and I was merely saying that they don't have dragonkin or dragons as a race for Blue's question - they could very well have their own dragonkin that aren't art assets of WISH...of course... but so far as I can tell there is nothing on the website that indicates they will be doing so)

Frith, just for you

www.valhyre.com

And there is an interview with their president over at gamersinfo.net

http://www.gamersinfo.net/index.php?art/id:663

game sounds cheesy. Much like how some feel horizons should be. A goody goody commune.

Curious to see how this mutiny turns out.

NimKhazad
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

ooh THANK YOU DANGIT!! *wing huggles for you!*

I'm going to keep an eye on this one...looks interesting for what I want anyway :). Thanks!! I had no idea!!

My pleasure Frith,

I am keeping a close eye on it too :)

Thread Information