Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new dragon home?

Default A new dragon home?

A few days back I flew far to the northwest, perhaps a call from the gods of the land or maybe my mate. [:)] The flight was long and I wondered about turning back before my wings gave up when I finally saw land slowly appearing in the distance. That sight gave me strength and I soon reached the shore of a new land. I flew around some more till my eyes caught sight of lush green grass and a large lake. I landed then laid on the soft grass near the clear water lake, it teamed with all kinds of fish, more then I had ever seen before. I enjoyed the fresh air and rested my head on my forepaws, I dozed off for a short time to wake up refreshed and ready to explore this new land.
    With a few steps I was off, trouts swimming by the shore caught my eye and I dove after them making a quick meal of several of them. Refreshed and replenished, I turned my attention to the heights. The snow covered mountain reached so high their tops seems to blend with the sky. I flew up and up toward what seemed like a lower ridge of mountains, my wings straining with the effort. Catching an updraft of the warm mid afternoon air pushed me ever upward. I finally reached the top of a reddish ridge and the sight almost took my breath away.
    Before me opened up an immense almost perfect oval caldara, the bottom was certainly larger then any city of Istaria, the land was flat but for a dome at the center, certainly the remnant of an old volcano. The sides were high and covered with numerous wide ridges. It only took my minds eye a fraction of a second to imagine how perfect this area would be for a new dragon community, a true dragon's home. Caves could be built all around the base for trade and commerce, trainers could fill many of them. I could see hundreds of dragons flying all over, living in and around the caldara, lairs opening on many of the ridges. My heart soared as I started to glide down, had I finally found after so many years of being homeless a home?
    I almost cried I was so overjoyed but then my heart sank faster then it had soared, the vision of the perfect dragon home vanished in an instant. As I glided down a thick orange fog rose and covered the whole area, it was so thick I could barely see the edge of my wings. Oh how cruel were the faiths, to give me such a great hope just to crash it right back down. I cried, no this would never be a home, no flying creature could ever live in such an area.
    Totally blinded by the choking fog that surrounded me, I knew I had to get out of there or surely die in this dead area. I was not sure where the ground was, was it close or far I could not tell, I flapped my wings hard trying gain altitude, turning to find the path I came from hoping I had enough strength in me to get back up. After what seems a very long time the air cleared out a bit and I was able to make out the edge of the caldara.
    I quickly landed on the ridge to rest and clear my eyes and lungs. I did not or could not look back. I did not want to see what could have been again. I looked up to the clear sky and closed my eyes, then I did something I have very rarely done, I prayed to the gods to remove this horrible fog, maybe even givemy vision a chance to come true, mostly to finally give us a home.

Image, homeless dragoness, Timeless Guild

Default Re: A new dragon home?

Very nice account of the new drgon isle, Image!
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

i found this new isalnd to be way out of paportion in size...I felt like I have been shrunk to the size of an ant and I was trying to find my way around largest moutins in the whole game...and they are totaly random on how they rise and decend..me I plan to stick to the main land for my lair...that isalnd is to big, to many moutins scrunched together, and no fluff to make the land enjoyable...it is a real eye sore ...the ground from what I flew over only had 3 textures..lava, snow,, and rock

Hopefully it isn't done yet, as far as the decorations, etc.

This is just on blight right now yes? Or is it on Live??

If its on Live can I get some directions - I tried directions I'd been previously given (NW of the NW corner of Dralk continental area) and never found anything. So I started thinking I jumped the gun and its only on Blight. :)

So just wondering :).

Oh, it's there. It's quite large! Head N, NW out of Dralk. It's more W of the continent. I did the 'fly NW' deal and flew until I hit the world edge and got force recalled. Bah.

Aye, it is live. Drakul's Heart is the name of the Volcano. It is wonderfully huge, just like we shall be. I think it is as big as Shepherd's Mountain, if not bigger. I love the tropical coast to the north.

Dragons are creatures of Fire; we would live just fine in the "choking ash" and heat that would kill lesser beings. [;)]

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Sorry about the bad directions Frith. I found it by cranking my view distance to max, flying due north of Dralk out over the water until I could barely see land anymore, then continuing west and southish. I guess I ended up a lot further south than I thought.

As for the island itself, yeah I'd say it's the size of Saritova or Shepherd's Mtn. Looks like it will be T5 as well, there were some giant ice beetles and firery (or was it icy?) dire wolves there on Blight. (:
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

i hope the island is hopefully on unity yet. [8-)]

maybe can give some clearer directions or maybe a pos? My comp will kill me if i make view distance max (would sure go dl over the water [:#])

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Yes, it is on Unity. Fly west out of Char and once over the sea, move your view distance to maximum. Now as you fly west-northwest, you should spot it easily if you keep looking around. Oddly enough, I ran into an invisible south-north wall not far from the shore so I was unable to explore the island in it's entirety. There was something screwy with elevation data too as I was unable to fly as high as I normally should.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

well crap..yea I do't think I can do the viewset to maximum....

But no, I went NW out of Dralk and hit the NW fly wall, flew along it going West, but never saw the thing.

DANGIT!! but at least I know..its out there... I just..gotta figureout how to find it.

I'll try straight West then, and go further South.

Next Dragon to go out how about some cord to find the place please.

If you fly west from Dralk, you CAN NOT miss it. The thing is frickin' HUGE. [:P]

OK, you MIGHT have to fly a little south, too, but it is mainly west.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Seriously. If you miss it, you're flying blind or something...

yesterday i found the isalnd, it's freaking HUGE :D

a dragon looks really like a ant in the area [H]

and i LOVE Drakul's Heart, was sitting 2 hours on it and listening to the heartbeat, its amazing i love this island! :D

was a really unbelivable experence for me .[:)]

2 thumbs up for the devs making this great island ! [Y][Y]

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Oi! Makes me want to push my RoP so I can fly out there and see it! Sounds amazing! How long does it take to fly out there?

How about some screen shots? And those coords?

I, Dream; of Darkness. Shadow's Incarnite. The Light in Life of Mother Night's Embrace.

I think it's really more fun if it's only reachable by flight. And if you don't get exact coords for it, instead almost stumbling upon it. Really, it's VERY hard to miss.

Eventhough the island is a bit "big" is does seem to be a place worthy of a dragon... A lunus dragon...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Hmm, I'll have to revise my original size estimate.. Drakul's Heart is much larger than Saritova or Shepherd's Mountain. Here's my map with a rough outline of the island and its location relative to Dralk. Enjoy. :)

Oh, the star to the south is this strange little island with torches that exists only on Blight, hehe.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Hah, it's the isle of lost torches!

Map of Drakul's Heart

Thread Information