Thread: Old player thinking of returning (a few questions)

Korath

Default Old player thinking of returning (a few questions)

Hello everyone people probably wont remember me as i played when the game very first released, i'v currently been looking for an mmorpg to play and i suddenly thought why not good old Horizons because iv always missed playing this game. I just have a few questions, first of all whats the current population like on the unity server, is the game still going strong or is it destined to die a horrible death, please give honest answers on this as i dont want to pay for a soon to die game. Thanks alot.

Korath

Maca0716

Default Re: Old player thinking of returning (a few questions)

The game is ok the new monster spawn sucks.. you have to wait about 10 seconds for mobs to spawn around you.

Population is down to around 200 people max... i doubt its 150 but il give it the benifit of the doubt.

Could the game die? its 50/50 Asherons Call 2 just got pulled offline it had around the same subscriber base as HZ if not more and they pulled it... so we won't know until the day they put a message on the forums saying ''Horizons is cancelled''.

At the moment we have had some major server troubles this week and all in all it doesn't do the game justice.

On wenesday about 4 people in my guild said they were going to quit if the game carrys on like this, haven't seen them since.

My advice is wait till the servers are back online.

Take a look over to the general and hello sections, amongst other places, where other people are posing similar question. [:)] What is said above is true though, the European server of Unity is suffering from final effects of bad decisions former Artifact Entertainment made during Horizons' launch. Our European host, Game Network, presently seems to be somewhat incapable of fulfilling all of its expected duties, and at times the whole server's stability and uptime seem to be in hands of one person, Luca. Proof positive is our downtime over past weekend, and things started happening only after Luca returned (having cut his vacation short). Both parties seem to be in agreement though that current situation is undesirable and are undergoing negotiations to improve it (I suppose they are trying to get server maintenance moved to Tulga's responsibility).

As for server populations, we simply have no information on Unity's or which way it is moving. However, North American server populations are reportedly growing up.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

...population seems to be on the rise - there's a lot of new people popping up each night. It might not seem like this though , for there's a lot more players in invisible mode now than before, and less activity in the market channel. Note though, that for the first time since this site was launched, the hello section is bigger than goodbye...

Whatever happens to Unity, the US situation seems to be better. I can only hope that *IF* Unity is merged/moved, our players still exist!

I am very tempted to try the US shards on a trial or something, as apparently it isn't very hard to get around the 'locality' issue. Perhaps they should make Unity an option for Americans, so they can join us, since our server has unused capacity and (with more staff on the maintenance/support front in the EU) could perform up to scratch!

Spirit

Maybe i could ultilise that infamous install button and rejoin the masses on Horizons .... been a while i fear though lol!
    Uther Truthbearer Lvl 80 Bloodmage/ Lvl 65 Healer / Lvl 26 Carpenter / Lvl 23 Fletcher

The masses are growing in number, so give us another try :)
    Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Ariadne Dreamweaver - ex of Unity Shard
    Tailor 67, Weaver 72, Carpenter 85,
    oh, and Spirit Disciple 57 , Paladin 34

Thread Information