Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wraith Assassins

Default Wraith Assassins

Disclaimer- in no way do I think my ideas are better than anyone elses. If you don't like my idea please just let it die gracefully. I am not up for debating a game idea that hasnt been hashed out, tested or tried. After the idea has been hashed out feel free to flame the hell out of it.

If you do like the idea and think it has potential. Please add your input. Would really like to hash this out and present it to the dev team. Asking for help because for one, I suck at writing. Some can translate my mumbo jumbo better than others. Secondly I am not the most technical savvy person on the block. Third I am not the best at writing stories. If you are and like my idea please help.

NimKhazad
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Default Re: Wraith Assassins

Nim, you forgot to actually post your idea.

The title sounds interesting, though.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

From what I see, I don't like it! Of course I don't see anything.......

Jayne

Guess he got ahead of himself... [;)]

But yeah, the title sounds interesting, tell us more!
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Damnit Jim! I'm a gnome not a lemming!

Unfortunately, Nim cannot add to his statement. He was assassinated by a lone wraith before he had a chance to spill the beans on what they were up to.

Can we have a moment of silence for Nim?
    Kay..enough silence already. How about a party?
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Players can do a quest that turns them into a Wraith Assassin. The mage npc under Aug says he needs volunteers for a new hypnosis experiment. Will pay 5 silver for your time. For some reason the mage is only interested in level 100 adventurers for his experiment. Basically as a player you agree to help in the experiment. Sit there for 2 minutes, while the NPC mage hypnotises you, then recieve 5s coins and go on yer merry way. Basically you as a player have just volunteered to be a Wraith Assassin unknowingly.

The mage is working for the WA and has evil plans. Through hypnosis the WA plan to assassinate as many Gifted Players from within. What better way to do it than to use Gifted Players that know the ways and methods of the Gifted!

The game begins- When a Worldmaster turns on the Wraith Assassin event, a secret portal is opened by the WA. A port that allows Wraith Assassins to travel to key areas behind enemy lines(Horizon's Player Towns). The portal is placed inside a hidden cave that must be found and broken into by the Gifted Players.
    (Builders must construct a tunnel to destroy the portal within.)

Players must find the secret location, build the tunnel and destroy the portal of the WA. When the Worldmaster activates the Feature, a list pops up of players that have been put under hypnosis by the evil mage. works on first come first serve basis. The first player that was put under hypnosis will hear a crazy sound(or message) then a quest will pop up asking "Participate in Assassin quest? yes or no." Two minute timer. If the player chooses NO, they just go on their merry way. And the quest is presented to the next in line.

If the player chooses yes. He is transported to the hiddenlocation and portal. Either a male/female version of a Wraith Assassin could be developed or could just turn the player JET BLACK or use an asset allready in game. Wraith Assassins mission is to run around disrupting the Gifted's Plans. If the player(Wraith Assassins is killed) they turn back to their normal self. Proclaiming he didnt have any idea what had gotten into him. Once a Wraith Assassine is dead, the next in line gets a chance to become a Wraith Assasine. The initial number of people playing Wraith Assassins is 10. If a player logs out, they are no longer part of the quest(wraith Assassin)

The game/event ends when the tunnel is complete and the portal is destroyed.

Rewards- basically none for the Wraith ******. For every kill they recieve an extra 100 health points while playing as a Wraith. Every kill is calculated and put on the Horizons website. Mean Jimmy has 14 kills. Evil Fudge has 7. So the only reward isinfamy on the Horizons website. And knowing that you just added some fun to the game while the developers could take a much needed break.

For the gifted. As a community the reward is shutting down the portal. No more Wraith Assassins. For brave warriors killing the Wraith ******'s, 1 training point/per kill(group or player that did the most damage in killingit)and fame on the Horizons Website. PJ killed 32 Wraiths. Guaran 18. Jayne 7Kwinn 4. etc .

What would be needed.
    A quest.
    A cave with a portal- dragon lair and portal technology
    Ability to turn a player into attackable, change colors, or convert to different form.
    A tunnel to be constructed-allready in place.
    Ability to keep tabs and ratings on kills to put on website. INFamous and Famous sections.
    Training point system allready in place.
    A world master to que the event

To aid in finding the hidden portal, when a wraith lord is killed, a peice of map(10 all together) is acquired by the Gifted.

I think the developers can do this. And more importantly think it would be a heck of alot of Fun and Excitement. Players are way more dynamic than AI could ever be :)

Everyone could get involved. Even newbies could help spot the Wraith Assassins. Guilds could form groups to hunt them. Construction teams working to open up the cave. Heroes guarding the construction crews. Wraith Assassins masterminded their evil plans to disrupt the Gifted *evil grins*

Fun, exciting, challenging and always dynamic. But more importantly, when the Horizons team needs a chance to step away from the game- Go get drunk, go bowling, fishing, SLEEP! They can turn on the ol Assassin Quest. Determine the amount of Assassins to que Up(10, 20, 30player max at any given time) and let the players do the rest!

This is a very rough draft with tons of typos blah blah blah

Is this possible?

NimKhazad

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    Unfortunately, Nim cannot add to his statement. He was assassinated by a lone wraith before he had a chance to spill the beans on what they were up to.

Can we have a moment of silence for Nim?
    Kay..enough silence already. How about a party?
    [:O] Damned sneaky enemy!

Um... party? [H] [B]
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

I'm all for something like this, Nim.
    Ask Manga how long I've been bugging
    him to let me play a WA character.

signed,

Reanimated Helcat!
    Got Cowbell?

oh and Wraith Assassins could not communicate with Gifted players. maybe a group chat between the Wraith Assassins but thats it. And they could not type out loud. Taunt etc... If they typed it would appear like" UUUMMMAAAA GOOOMMMAA BOOOGIEEE OOGIIEEEE" to the Gifted. We are all somewhat friends here, this is supposed to be fun no needs to even allow taunting.

NimK

- and it would shoehorn PvP into the game

- and it would give uber characters the chance to grief other uber characters.

Just say No

Quote Originally Posted by Senkeleron Fell
    - and it would shoehorn PvP into the game

- and it would give uber characters the chance to grief other uber characters.

Just say No
    Hold the event on the Satyr Islands.

Don't want to PvP? Don't go.
    Got Cowbell?

Its not pvp, its dynamic blight at its cheapest. Intead of figuring out how to have an Avatar of Pain and a group of 9 Undead Skellys successfully disrupt the Gifted, Players could. This game is not PvP, this Idea is not Player vs Player. The idea is to have fun by battling wits with fellow players and defeat them as fast as possible by shutting down their portal.

Please Senkeleron, I would rather not debate this yet.

NimKhazad

Call it what you want, but if a player is running a mob, it is PvP and full of potential for griefing.

Turn it into an elaborate game of tag, then griefing could be turned on the griefer.

He who gets the kill, is "cursed" with becoming the wraith. The only way to break said curse would be perform some.... um... something. [:$] (Actually have no clue, just bouncing ideas)
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order

Don't rightly know if I want a Wraith Helcat sneaking around. It is bad enough his brood of wildcats keep slinking around Jambi. If that Wraith condition is transferred to any of his Kit then we are all in a heap of trouble!
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Quote Originally Posted by Senkeleron Fell
    Call it what you want, but if a player is running a mob, it is PvP and full of potential for griefing.
    again, it's simple. Use something similar to the
    currently un-used "Looking for Group" tag, that
    would serve as your "I agree to participate in this
    event" tag... the Wraith character could not target
    any player whose tag is not set to "On."
    Got Cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    Don't rightly know if I want a Wraith Helcat sneaking around. It is bad enough his brood of wildcats keep slinking around Jambi. If that Wraith condition is transferred to any of his Kit then we are all in a heap of trouble!

=^.^=
    Got Cowbell?

Would these rewards be sufficient? Personnally I think they would. Just the chance to take a break from the grind for a couple hours and partake in a battle or build something that determines an outcome.

I would want to try my hands at being a Wraith Assassin. Maybe teaming up with a few others in the group to devise a plan of attack. But at the same time would be just as happy defending against others that think like me heh. One plan might be to sneak to resource locations and defeat lower level characters. But someone else might have allready thought of that and meet you there with a group of 10 Gifted. Itsa game within horizons of tactics. Cowboys vs Indians.

If anyone interested, would appreciate a more creative story line and quest dialog.

Also a more fine-tuned translated version of my jibberish heh

Again this is not PvP. Try not to think of it that way. Itsa war agains the WA. They have hypnotized your fellow players. The gifted are trying to shut down the portal and shake the hypnosis out of the Assassin. Another player is just playing the role of the WA to make the world more dynamic for a few hours/days.

NimK

From a technical side. Hal'cyon comes to mind. Who I apologize for calling a geek or a nerd, was drunk after 36 holes of golf and aggravated.

Are the technologies there to put this together? Does Horizons have the manpower and expertise to create this? Approximately how long would a quest like this take to put together?

The idea kept in mind things that I allready see possible in Horizons.
    A craftable tunnel, port systems, ability to take something in game and put it on the website(Famous/Infamous system.)

What Im not sure of is the que for Adding players to the Assassin role. Turning them attackable, and then turning The Assasin back to regular form upon death, log out, or end of event.Then que'ing up another player to replace him/her.

Im sure might be missing something more complex about it, if so would like your opinion. Tech Savvy, coder types.

NimKhazad

pros and cons

Pros
    - endless possibilities of excitement.
    - a use for a the levels you worked hard for.
    - entertaining and stories to talk about for months.
    - gives the devs a break
    - a chance touse your tactics. Should I go as Mage? Reaver? What kind of group should I form to hunt these Wraiths? Couple dragons, healers, mages?
    If I go as an archer, maybe I should focus on attacking warriors? Endless and different every time.
    -competitive with a reward for being good at it. Your name in the paper heh.
    - a chance to be a leader. Organize the tunnel build. Organize hunting groups. Organize the Wraith Assassins.
    - a chance to explore and find something- The Hidden location of the WA portal or spot an Assassin and report it to the community.
    - a chance to be a hero, destroy the Portal, defend against the WA, and meet the assassins head on.

Cons
    - a slim chance of griefing, that could be dealt with swiftly by other Gifted Players in the community. Or put to an end by destroying the Portal.

Sorry cant think of many cons atm. This is a great community, I cant say that griefing wont happen but Im sure it would be met head on by others.

NimKhazad

Thread Information