Thread: How to get the best help possible ingame.

Default How to get the best help possible ingame.

This will work for either Chaos or Order. Figured doing a how to would be easier than retyping it each time:) The first thing you might want to do is click the little cartoon bubble thingy on the bottom right of your chat box and add the following tabs, Dragon(If your a dragon)/General/New player assistance. Then I suggest clicking the blue button thiny on the bottom left and hitting chat to open up a new chat box. Right click this box and select chat settings. In there look at the bottom middle of the selections list to see the box primary chat, click this then accept.

What that does is sends any tells you get to that box instead of your channel one. Why is this good? There's a limit on how many tabs a box can have then it starts opening boxes in the middle of the screen( which I find annoying[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]) Each of these 2 boxes will have an extra tab on the far left. I personally use the channel box as my world events/exptab and the tell one as my combat tab.

If anyone wants to add anything else please feel free to. Mabey can we have this stickied?
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

Default Re: How to get the best help possible ingame.

...it opens boxes in the middle of the screen? mine just go off the chat window until I click out of all the tell messages and it comes back... I want the new windows

Bump can I please get this stickied or if you want it worded better I'm fine with any changes just want the new players to find us as soon as they can.
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer

^
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer

^
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal
    ...it opens boxes in the middle of the screen? mine just go off the chat window until I click out of all the tell messages and it comes back... I want the new windows
    I think in the options somewhere (not chat options but general game options) you can click on something that says "Open up tells in own window" or something to that effect. If you click on it it causes tells to pop up in their own window, in the middle of your screen (mine does this).

You have a limit of eight tabs per chat box (but you can put more than one room on a single tab - you just have to type /chat roomname to respond to each seperate room if you do that). Rooms with spaces in their names won't work with that format, though.

Perhaps this Idea could be stickied - but perhaps if someone posts it in a more readable and sensible format. No offense Gor :) great idea!!- but your wording or style (or something) makes it very hard to read and undersatnd what you're telling people to do. Certainly if that person isn't aware/familiar of how chat works in MMOS

(heck I was in this game a month before I found out we had chat rooms, but that was long long ago and this was my first MMO).

Aye I'm fine with it completely rewritten as a new stickied post anything that helps a new player find us. Hell PLEASE rewrite it and sticky it:)
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer

^
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer

the thread is dead now so what the heck, Gordok you're my hero and I need to follow your every example.

(>'-')>

<('-' <)

just that mine for prettier

Thread Information