Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Monk issue List

I am glad to see these fixes as well.

It seems to me that some mobs have a lil more resistance to nature than to others. Perhaps stormy needs a slight power and focus bonus to be resisted and mitigated a little less. This of course would be mitigated if Storm D multiclassed with druid or healer to help get this score up.

But these are just ideas to consider.

As far as ice desiple, in spite of the fact that Ice D gets 1 less masterable abilities than the other desciples I am looking for ward to playing the class. I am a 100 mage and a 89 healer now and Ice D will be my next go round, followed by Chaos Warrior.

Someone said that they cant solo a Blight Kwellen.

I soloed a level 116 Kwellen in Eastern Deadlands a few days ago as a healer using fusion burn with teched flame bolt 5 as my offensive weapon and I activated defensive style in teched T4 cloth armor as my defense. It was a short fight and I won handily. .......of course my power and focus are both about 1380 so when I unleash a flame bolt at someone, they have a real problem.

Tigris

Sadly the fixes listed were from almost a month ago and I'm personally not sure they made it into the latest delta on blight .

Ice disciple is an interesting class, and one that I work on now and again, since I finished all the classes I wanted for my flame disc build. The Freezing Touch makes a difference, though it's not as effective as Dispirit Foe. Still, stacking +delay debuffs on a mob makes them attack a nice bit slower; Shocked tech, Dispirit Foe, Ki Strike, Freezing Touch. (I haven't tested to see if they all stack, but my impression is that they do.)

The main disappointment is the lack of other working class abils - ice armor does very little and conflicts with other armor buffs. Currently on the live servers, ice tomb does nothing, so neither does shatter.
    It might be nice for other disciples to have a big one-two punch like that, but frankly they don't need it; what monk and disciples need as a whole are higher damage, HP, and (preferrably nonmasterable) higher evasion.

I hope they bring the changes on the test servers to the live servers!

Quote Originally Posted by Seenu
    Someone said that they cant solo a Blight Kwellen.

I soloed a level 116 Kwellen in Eastern Deadlands a few days ago as a healer using fusion burn with teched flame bolt 5 as my offensive weapon and I activated defensive style in teched T4 cloth armor as my defense. It was a short fight and I won handily. .......of course my power and focus are both about 1380 so when I unleash a flame bolt at someone, they have a real problem.
    Erm.. not those kwellens, they are easy one on one.. I meant the event kwellens - and for that matter, most of the event mobs. However, I can't seem to find my initial post mentioning that.

- Grem

OMG Ice Tomb and Shatter dont work????

Oh they need to fix this ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Seenu
    OMG Ice Tomb and Shatter dont work????

Oh they need to fix this ASAP!
    They sure dont - I am a 71 Ice desciple now.....

I am high enough in ice disc to have Shatter now; it has a 5 min timer, and in regular use does 200% damage... about half what a crit V does in blue stance. It also says it'll do a lot of damage if the target is in Ice Tomb, but ... well, ice tomb doesn't do anything, so shatter only ever does 200% damage, and there's the problem.

At some point Jarerk (another ice disciple) and I will test in the arena to see what attack speed debuffs stack, but haven't done that yet.

Ice disciple is fun to run; I see more effect from Freezing Touch than I do from dispirit, so I can attack enemies several times for every one of their attacks.

And I like Numbing Cold. -it doesn't do cold damage like the description says, but is still useful.

Still hoping for the ice tomb/shatter fix to go live, but it may be a long time before that happens.

Default Re: Monk issue List

Howdy Monks

Looks like we get some lovin in the next patch..woohoo..also some pain in the chaining fix (or nerf) depending on your views..
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Well, I'm happy to say that the ice tomb / shatter combo works nicely! I've only played around with it some so far, but have gotten a couple hits for over 10k damage using unarmed (and BHM of course).

Aura of Fire I is also working properly now, doing fire damage and ignoring armor; its damage is about the same on average as Fire Sheath III.

Oh Zodias and Gremblthrg how I missed you both. So let me get this straight....strength still low...still no offhand attacks...but ice tomb and shatter combo works...great now is it really worth me making another monk/disciple again Hmmmm. BTW are you both still on order?

Duckies
    Experimentor Extrodinare

Thread Information