Thread: 363.2? 363.0?

Default 363.2? 363.0?

When logging in, the splash screen claims I am on client version 363.2. Once I am in game, the FPS window claims I am running on client version 363.0. The questions are: which of these is showing me correct information? If both are right, why is it not patching properly? Should I do something about this?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Default Re: 363.2? 363.0?

Splash screen always takes precidence. The FPS window doesn't always update.

when i understand there versioning right:

the #363.0 in the fps-window is the real client build number, if there is a real new build of the client, then this number changes

the #363.2 in the splash screen is the clientnumber including changed def-files, assets, etc.. if only asset files are updated then only this number raises, but not the intern client build number in the fps-window
    Cerjar de Viejalcazaba - Paladin
    Rahskha - Ranger
    Farandor - Ancient Helian Dragon

...Realm of Unity...

my observation is that the FPS window is correct, you could in theory change your (horizons directory)\version_info\version.txt file to read any number you wanted... (example 363.9) and thats the number that would be displayed on the login splash screen.

(I know, I tested it before I wrote this).

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Thread Information