Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Character Copy to Blight

Staff :: Developer

Default Character Copy to Blight

Greetings Istarians!
    If you're interested in having a test character (or two... why not!) from Order or Chaos copied over to Blight so you can come join the fun of testing with a character that you're familiar with, please send the following information.
    Email to: [email protected] Subject: Character Copy
    Data to Provide: <shard character is on now> <character name>

i.e. Order Illyist will copy the character Illyist from Order to Blight as Illyist_order. You'll know that the copy is complete when you log in and see that character available to you on the Blight shard. The copy will not take place before Monday, Sept. 12th. At some point after that, whenever we restart the shard for maintenance or updates (at our convenience), players that have requested a character copy will be copied. I will compile the request list and send it on after the weekend, so please get your requests in before Monday and tell any of your friends that might be interested as well.
    I look forward to seeing some new faces/names and the detailed feedback you'll provide when you get there! ;) You'll usually find me in the player made chat channel, Old Blight, or you can send me a /tell with questions and reports. I also review email reports at [email protected] if you prefer to use email. And I monitor this Blight Server\Testing Feedback forum, but I can't promise I'll read it every single day. Please don't take it personally if you send me a /tell in game and I don't respond right away, I'm often away from keyboard or working on another machine, and I try to get back to everyone eventually.
    If you're requesting a character copy for a character that has previously been copied to Blight to update your character info, you can delete the one that is currently on Blight before the copy is performed. ( I suggest by Monday A.M. since I don't know for sure when the copy will be executed.)
    No plot, or items stored on any plots will be transferred. Your copied character will retain the items she/he is wearing, what's in your backpack/inventory, and your vault contents. Please pack accordingly. ;)
    Whether you only want to come check out a new fix, try some PvP for fun in the unsupported? arena, or spend some quality time here on things like new quests, I welcome you!
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Aboroth

Default Re: Character Copy to Blight

By anychance will the copy affect the account stats for maximum characters
    For example one account can have 5 chars max, would a copy to blight count as one character added, like Abe and Abe_blight, or just one whole character?

IF that makes sense

Aboroth

Quote Originally Posted by Illyist
    Whether you only want to come check out a new fix, try some PvP for fun in the unsupported? arena, or spend some quality time here on things like new quests, I welcome you!
    Please dont tell me

Horizens is going to go PvP now?

At this time the number of characters you have on Blight for testing does not count against your 5 per active subscription limit on Live shards. That means you can have 5 characters on Chaos, and still make/copy characters to Blight. If you have 4 characters on any combination of live shards, and make a Blight character (or 2,3, etc.), you can still make your 5th character on Chaos or Order.

As far as "going PvP" is concerned, if you hadn't heard yet we are making a small island, totally isolated from the real world of Istaria, where players can challenge each other. It will in no way affect the current game. If you don't want to watch or participate, don't go to the "arena" island and you'll never see it. In fact, the only way to get there at this time is to be summoned by a WM - totally isolated even on the Test Server. We will not be supporting this very much dev time.. we have other priorities that need our time. Don't expect much from it. :) I have no idea if it will even make it to Live shards.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Spruhi

Can you please make the undead attack towns, and do damage to buildings.
    many players are hoping for that type of stuff to happen.[;)][;)]

EmilyDawn

yay this will be fun [:D]

EmilyDawn

Quote Originally Posted by Spruhi
    Can you please make the undead attack towns, and do damage to buildings.
    many players are hoping for that type of stuff to happen.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    um...i am not hoping for my house to be destroyed after i put so much work, time and money into it [:^)]

Aboroth

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyDawn
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Spruhi wrote: Can you please make the undead attack towns, and do damage to buildings.
    many players are hoping for that type of stuff to happen.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

um...i am not hoping for my house to be destroyed after i put so much work, time and money into it [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-18.gif[/img]
    This is coming from a person who used to be a thief and still peoples paintings, furnitureand stuff in another MMO lol

EmilyDawn

LOL. shut up. [:P]

Spruhi

I meant so people would actually try to save the towns

Thormor

Haha i dont like the idea of PvP in horizons , the only thing ill really enjoy about it is me shooting an arrow in pilwyns face. then ill be over it once i beat em =) i dont like the idea of undead destroying buildings either, thatd be kinda awkward, especially for those like Emily that have worked so hard on their plots.[:D]
    ttyl guys =)

EmilyDawn

haha Thormor about Pilwyn lol [:P]

when you coming back? we miss you [:'(]

In arenas I have talked with my guild about it, and they're dead set against it... but they're mainly crafters (I need a new guild... never have your guildmates make you crap for free, you'll owe them your life if you don't want to be an ***hole) ANYHOW, I'm all for it... I do suspect the players of HZ to actually be mature about this and treat it like I treat my wrestling tournaments, I go to them willingly (when not actually participating in the school season) you join the tourni out of your own free will... and try not to complain if you lose, it happens to everyone. I like the bond me and some of my fellow wrestling rivals shared, one of us lost it always happened we'd help the other up, then shake hands, and pat one another on the back and jokingly say "Next time bro... you're going DOWN![:D]" then we'd both have a great laugh, I HAVE had my matches when I would beat someone and they get rather violent and refuse to take any help from me when I show good sportsman ship... this does nothing but show their immaturity. I think the players of HZ are very mature and I expect and hope to make these kind of relationships with the virtual world as I do in the real one. That would be a prime example of HZ at its best.

Wow, bit of a change of subject there.

So some of you will have noticed I started emailing confirmation replies, but I soon realized I didn't have time for it. Instead I'll post up my list of copies - if you find your character's name here you'll know you're on the list for a copy to Blight.

So the list is made. I think we can perform the copies sometime tomorrow morning during the maintenance period. If you see your character on Blight and log in before Blight has been restarted, some functions using your name will not work correctly (the name server has to be restarted before commands using your character's name will work, i.e. /gi Bob will not work, you'll have to use the right click context menu to invite these characters.)

Please consider that copying ~200 characters with their items, spellbooks, formula books, etc. won't be a quick process.

See ya soon :)

CHAOS ORDER Aboroth Aeone Akhirrah Ahura Akhorishaan Aimitis Alladania Algernon Annai Alsadim Aravail Argentium Asuras Argentum Asz Awdz Avi Baranth Bhalzamon Britt Carnon C`gan Concoidal Caillie Crawlers Carinde Cromos coeur Cyy dorrin Danamoth Drasdil Dayren elkcin Dewdrop Ferah Diadra Fernus Eleewynne Flindar EmilyDawn Gathis Esmari Gengel Faith Gengus Fistanthaldus Ghwerig Flar gogg Frix Golanth GhostRdr Grymme Gigaroth Gzman Ginus Hal`cyon Guaran Heather Guinness Holth HratLi Illiaya Hyacinthe Joanna Icies Jorg Imascaley Jurossk Imperious Kark Inexplicable KD Jayne Kepesk Kala Keubzeikevr Kalemendrax Kimba Keltherias Koosie Kephren Krakoa Kernc Kwinn Khoal Lerion Khorinah Lumineux Kix Lycaunoss Kuminof Lynara Liliaa Magnus Matahari Maiyr Merriweather Malendryn Mirsathia miller Mizehra Mordavia Moirainia Mordoth Mornin myart Mydnite Myrthwynn Nayuaka Mystif Panora Mz PersonalJustice Narya PixieEater nawkia Popfizzle nefrett Quantum Neptuniss R`aven Nich Ranqthas Oflin'dar Razon_life puffie Rhaiannon Ravaen Riantu Ribhaw Rowr Ryver Ryin Samael samillion Sarojin Sbr Sarus Sharduk Senkeleron Shaylo Sephiranoth Silvaros Shadowalker silverhawk Shargrym SkSlyr Silveron Star-Fyre Skald Starlighter snewt Strauss Sonea Sul Tahrl Tagal Talarchan Tanaros Tangie thormor Tantalyr Torvos Thaalia Tribunal Tiz Tynia Tizak Ulkesh Tizana Valtur Tympest Viceroyx Uthen Weston Uther Wynne Vesh Xxynn Vignar Zaebos Warsong Zanza Xyndrin Zarcharien Xyndro Zuraneve Yamir ZodiasWelcome to Blight!
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Thormor

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyDawn
    haha Thormor about Pilwyn lol [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

when you coming back? we miss you [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img]
    haha dunno when im comin back Em. i ordered a new computer a while back but it hasnt come yet so imma have to call UPS.. ack oh well[*-)] i hope hes not causing too much trouble, if he is tell lettum to slap em haha. You really need to update your signature girl! youre much better than that now [;)] haha hope to see yall soon!

The character copy to Blight is complete at this time. All requests that I received up to this time have been processed and completed.

If you missed this copy, I'm sorry but there will be another chance at a later date as far as I know right now. I have no idea when, though.

For those of you that made it over, welcome to Blight I look forward to working with you. Please remember that untila server restart is completed you will notice what appear to be bugs with your character names.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Just wondering... I'm on the list as being copied, but I don't seem to have made it to Blight. I deleted my old Hal`cyon_order character last... thursday... as instructed in preperation for this copy, but now I have no blight toons at all.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Whereas I was copied over in triplicate... heh. I also seem to be unattuned to all destinations. That wouldn't be a problem except that I can't redo the Trandalar attunement quests or my RoP to become attuned to the pool of teeth/peak of storms.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Well i had a nice expireance at blight today. I got in, check out the chat channels and found this channel 'resident blight chat' or something like that. I joined in as u know i'm a kind of person who likes to chat to anyone. Suddenly out of the blue, i was kicked and banned!. Wow! is this how blight testers behave? like snobs?
    I mean u can tell me i cant join that channel, i'll gladly leave, but i guess they are too good to talk to us visitors. BTW thats what i said in old blight channel and I got ban from there too! lol.
    And dev need us to test bugs in blight with these kind of peeps? nvm then.
    I think i saw some blue names there Magus/reshii and someone else. only 3 of them there.Some blight peeps are just rude IMO. I think they think they r too good to talk to us and think they r god for reporting bugs :p </rant>
    Thats it from me. Have a nice day all :) including the one who kicked and banned me :)

"Wow! is this how blight testers behave? like snobs?"

----

Lumping all blight players together like this is childish.It only takes a single person to kick / ban someone not a whole group. I personaly was not on at said time and have no idea what went on. Try to be a bit more diplomatic with your statements in this form as not everyone acts said way.

Also if you really want to help on Blight posting bug reports in this area is a good start. You can scroll down and see that few people actaully post issues/feedback here as it is. More people who report issues the better, I tend to get on people who play/test on blight but never seem to report issues.

Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Thread Information