Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Character Copy to Blight

Krakoa

Default Re: Character Copy to Blight

Hi Illyist,
    As far as I can tell my charcater copy went well except for one thing, my hotkeys are still the same as my old Krakoa_order and I would prefer to have the hotkeys from my Order character.
    Would you know which files need to be copied over to get my hotkeys working the same as my original hotkeys on my Order character. I moved UIKeys.def over ( and yes I saved a backup copy of the entire folder) and when I do an edit of a hotkey, I see that the correct macros have been copied over, but when I try to run them, I get the messages "item is missing" so looks like it is not finding the codes for each item, so need to know which file they are stored in.
    On other thing .. it appears that when the character copy was done, and even though I deleted my old Krakoa_order character, the files were still left on my pc, resulting in the icons for my old hotkeys are still displaying. I tried copying over the hotkeys_icons folder over to the order_Krakoa folder but that only resulted in not getting any icons at all.
    I've been told by other players on blight that they often lose thier hotkeys on blight if they roll back the server, etc .. players are always resetting their hotkeys. It would be nice to know how to back them up so do not have to manually reprogram 100 hotkeys.

Staff :: Developer

Hotkeys - will not work on Blight as you've found out. Blight has it's own player database with it's own number assignment for each item instance that is contained in it. This includes abilities and spells as well as inventory items... so all your hotkeys are attached to old item numbers, that don't match up to the new numbers that were assigned to those items when they were copied over. (Have to assign all new numbers to the items being copied since there's a chance that there is already an item with that instance number assigned on Blight.) Commands like /sne, /snc, /loot will work, but anything tied to an item will have to be remade.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Staff :: Developer

Destination Attunements - If you were copied more than once, find the last character copied and check those destinations. We had some attunement's not work right, but rather than stopping the process it completed without copying the attunements. So some got duplicopied! You'll probably want to find the character with the attunements and delete the rest from the web page login.

Hal`cyon, check again for me please, you should be there now.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon The Slayer
    Wow! is this how blight testers behave? like snobs?
    I have received some perceptually cold shoulders on Blight, but most have been friendly. Luckily I have never been banned from a chat channel there, so I really hate that it happened to you.

I understand the Blighters to be a very tight-knit group of people... I just hate it when I don't know if people are afk in a chatroom or if they just don't want to talk to a player from another shard cause they don't know how long the stranger will actually be around....

LexDivinia
    Chaos
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Krakoa

Ok that makes sense. Once on Blight, do the numbers change? Is there any sense in making a backup copy of the hotkeys def file?

Bahomute Zero

Arewe still able to send in emails asking to have characters copied? just have to wait till next update right?

IcingDeath

Don't mind me, can't figure out how to work these post thingy's, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Illyist
    Destination Attunements - If you were copied more than once, find the last character copied and check those destinations. We had some attunement's not work right, but rather than stopping the process it completed without copying the attunements. So some got duplicopied! You'll probably want to find the character with the attunements and delete the rest from the web page login.

Hal`cyon, check again for me please, you should be there now.
    I'm on Blight! I killed my friend!

-Thanks Illyist.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Thread Information