Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Libraries

Default Libraries

Does anyone know what the footprint is for the libraries that just go put on blight?
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Libraries

<David-Delta83> Imayo: same size print as the small gambling den

That's 15x15.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    <David-Delta83> Imayo: same size print as the small gambling den

That's 15x15.
    That's ashame cuz 50 item capacity is not worth that much space. /sigh

I agree, that is much too large. I'm not likely to build a library which only holds formulas when I can build a house in the same spot. I would either halve the size or double the capacity.

They are as much for aethetic as for storage since they actually have furniture in them.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Sorry, still haven't sold me on them. For something that big it needs to hold a lot more than 50, furniture or no furniture.

agreed, bulk limit is very restrictive, if size remain then items capacity should be increased

Tecknowolf

So are libraries limited to that player or used by anyone? And what do you do, check it out, borrow, or copy the pages?

What people really want isn't so much a library but a filing cabinet. They want a structure that will hold a very large amount of very small things (forms and techs). If such a structure was made with a smallish footrpint and a largish stack capacity, it would probably bog the database.
    (everyone who had a plot would build one or more and stuff them with forms and techs)

For that size, 3 bulk per slot would be the point where I'd start thinking about building one.
    It sounds pretty, though [:D]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I thought I saw somewhere that the biggest library would be 100 stacks 100 bulk.

10x10 would be appropriate for that.

HOWEVER, the bulk limit is ridiculous. There's no reason to unnecessarily limit bulk in this game. It doesn't take up any more DB space to store bulk. It's also silly that I can't store a stack of 5-10 of 100 forms/techs.

My suggestion is a library that is 10x10 in size, holds 100 stacks, and has 1,000 bulk (avg 10 forms per stack, but ONLY holds forms/techs. If the libraries are physically bigger, then they should hold commensurately more bulk IE, a 20x20 should hold 200 stacks 2,000 bulk, and a 30x30 should hold 300 stacks, 3,000 bulk.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

It is not possible to restrict storage at this time by specific item types. Unfortunately.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

My suggestion is to qualdruple the current capacities that the libraries are supposed to hold. 4x the stack capacities. and since forms still take up bulk, bulk should be 4x the stacks amount, so that up to 4 of each form may be stored. If I am trying to clean out a guildhouse and have a bunch of forms, multiples of each, being limited to x number of forms, and having the max bulkmatch the max stacks, then a library is nearly pointless.

multiply current stack capacties by 4

multiply current bulk capacities by 16, or make techs and forms weigh 0 bulk

My thoughts.

That is my beef too.... there are so many characters that could benefit from the stuff I find, but won't be able to use them until <nn> level. I hate to throw away expert forms that are either hard to find, or highly desired.

Even though a building may be pleasing to look at, time and time again the community has asked for "functional" equipment, otherwise why build it.

Any new structuresthat can be replaced with an equivalent building that already exists and either equals or exceeds the storage or functionallity of the new building will be built. Right now my vault has all the BULK capacity in the world, with a 1/2 blue line in it.... the majority of it are formula drops, which increase my vault's storage to 0 due to having a bunch of little 1 bulk items in it.

Why not make it so the crafter can "learn" the form without meeting the requirements, but if they try to actually "use" what they have learned without the proper skill, It will simply tell them "NO"

If I find a formula (let's say Expert Tapestries for example) but I am a 40th level weaver, I should be able to learn that formula, but just won't be able to use it. kinda like stocking up for the future.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

We did manage to convince David to increase the bulk, but he would only increase it by twice what they stacks currently are, not overly useful but still a little. I don't think that reached patch notes.

I personally feel they are slightly too large and too little capacity still to be very useful in a guild storage situation. For personal storage they aren't bad.

Might as well not release them until you can make it to where they will only store forms/techs. With the limitations as they are, and the size, I don't see any point in building one.

We'll just have to keep using the inconvenience of mules and dedicated GHs for them. Sucks, but it is better than this useless concept.

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    For personal storage they aren't bad.
    The expert forms I've got in my T2 GH alone would fill the T2 library if not overflow it. And I have hardly even begun to scratch the surface of the expert forms I will need once it is all said and done (especially when the Conf revamp gets put in).

Item capacity, even for personal storage, is far too lacking for a structure that is 15x15 or as Amon put it, as big as the small gambling den.

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    It is not possible to restrict storage at this time by specific item types. Unfortunately.
    You might not be able to restrict storage structures to a specific type of item or items, but you can restrict what items an NPC will trade for/stock.

If you put a librarian in a library, then you could stock the library or check out items through the trading interface, which could be used to filter out anything that wasn't a form or tech.

imported_kylara

I have a question, why does it have to be a building to put forms into? why can't we just have books to fill and put into our vault our houses that only take up 1 bulk but hold many formulas (kind of like the rune books in UO)? An entire building to put forms into seems like a waste of space.

Because it would require a lot more work to make that happen, as the game supports nothing like it presently.

Thread Information