Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Libraries

Default Re: Libraries

If there is a restriction of "Formula's and Techs only" the bulk size can be set at 100000.

However, for the beginner library 50 items restriction, journeyman library100 and the Expert library 200.
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

I have to agree the current foot print warrents far more bulk/stacks than is currently allowed. Assuming you can put 1 stack per 1 unit sq You should be able to store far more units in the building with a 15x15 unit building and the bulk should be sufficient to hold at least 5 in each stack.

I would agree a item restriction of form/tech/simple item (for the aforementioned maps etc) would be great if it could be implemented via an npc in the building especially as trading with npcs is 150 times faster than using plot storage methods at present.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    They are as much for aethetic as for storage since they actually have furniture in them.
    Any chance someone have pics of the structure and the furniture inside?

Thanks if you can post
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Furniture is very nice... nice work dev team.

T6 radient reqs are a little stiff though don't ya think? The radient alone would take months.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

I agree that the libray should recieve more bulk storage and greater item stacks.

Given that they are trying to bring in more structures to store items I had thought perhaps they might try and do something in regard to guild storage wich the library may be an atempt.
    Why not have a guild warehouse that can only be constructed within one of the actualy guild communities. Have it have substantial bulk and stack amounts.
    This i think would at least help to make items for a guild available to its members.
    make it simular to Pawn brokers and consigners where the higher the tier the bigger the footprint and also the more bulk and stacks.

i was thinking on these lines.

Tier 1 Half-Giant warehouse50,000 bulk 100 stacks
    Tier 2 Half-Giant warehouse 100,000 bulk 150 stacks
    Tier 3 Half-Giant warehouse 150,000 bulk 200 stacks
    Tier 4 Half-Giant warehouse 200,000 bulk 250 stacks
    Tier 5 Half-Giant warehouse 250,000 bulk 300 stacks
    Tier 6 Half_Giant warehouse 300,000 bulk 350 stacks

I picked Half-Giant because i thought they might just make bigger storage buildings :)

Limit these structures to guild only communities and thereby give a little something to belonging to a guild --- ofcourse there may be some against that so you could just make them available on all plots like siloes but give them a very large footprint so they arent built and accesed every place in the world

Hiya all :), this has been an issue that i brought up a while back posted in forums on 25th of Sept, 2005. Took the liberty of reposting it since it seems like there are more concerned individuals now.... I Wrote...

25 Sept 2005
    THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT, merely suggestion.

Suggestion up front: increase the storage on libraries. I recommend begineer 300 item count, jman 500 item count, expert 700 item count.

Reasoning:
    I have an alt (semfidel) that does nothing but store forms and techs for sale to others and distribution to guildies. He frequently has about450ish DIFFERENT expert forms, t4 techs and t5 techs. (he used to store jman and begineer but there are way too many).

So,I was curious about the libraries asI often deal in selling mass quantities of forms and techs on chaos. So i popped over to blight server and checked it out.

I planned a library (not built) and compared it to a silo for practicality purposes. One jman library takes up thesurface areaof roughly 9x T2 silos and stores 75 forms. In order for me to replace my alts functionality as a personal form/tech storage bin I'd have to have 6 jman libraries. 6 jman libraries equates to roughly the surface area of 54t2 silos on a plot. (a 54x54 plot will only hold 144 t2 silos). Which is roughly 1/3 of my plot. Mind you that doesn't even include the t1-t3 techs , or beg and jman forms.

Thus my options are cough up 1/3 of my plot to store forms and techs or just spend the 2-3 minutes it takes to log in my alt. For me it's a no brainer and will keep Semfidel.

I feel that VERY few people will utilize the library in it's current state. It is an awesome idea, and you've done a wonderfull job designing it, but i fear that your efforts may be in vain if the item count isn't increased.

Perhaps your intent is to be cautios in the implementation of them (which I totally understand), but if you take a look at how silos for storage has naturally progressed (as a comparison) from the old style 2k bulk to the new tiered silos and silo bulk increases I think you'll only have to make a change down the road. I'd recommend saving that work for something else and taking a bit more bold adjustment in the silos item count. In Worst case scenario, you'd still only have to make an update which I feel is inevitable at this point already if the Library is released in it's current state.

Personally, in order for me to seriously contemplate placing alibrary on my plot the item count for a jman would have to be at least300 items, even then I'd still keep my alt. To replace my alt I'd have to have a jman library count of 500 items, since there's no way I'd cough up more surface areathan 9 silos for a 2-3 minute log in twice a week. Even at 300 count I speculate you'd have to have about 10x libraries to hold 1x of each form and tech(purely a guess).

Anyway those are my thoughts, do what you will and keep up the good work! We've seen a lot of wonderfull improvement and think the general populace is very happy with the strides your taking. Good day to you [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

Silverest
    (former guild leader of Semper Fidelis, Chaos shard)

Thread Information