Thread: Experience over level 100

Default Experience over level 100

Many dragons and alot of bipeds that like being a certain class(dont feel the need to multiclass a dozen schools) need to be rewarded someway for their experience past Level 100.

I have over 300 million xp in Bloodmage alone, and I havent played Bloodmage in 6 months. Im sure others do as well in different classes especially Dragons.

How I see it, Dragons and players that have fun playing a certain class are getting the shaft. Multiclassers are getting stronger and stronger and folks that actually like playing a certain class get nuthing.

For every 20 million experience past level 100, you can visit a npc that declares you have learned more than what can be taught by our NPC's! Would you like to share your experiences with Istaria? If you choose yes, the NPC gives you a scroll to right on and demands a transaction fee for his time. The fee is 100s. Pay the 100s and return the scroll with your experiences to the trainer of your choice(bloodmage). The bloodmage trainer gladly accepts the new information from your travels and rewards you 3 training points.

20 million exp is deducted from your total experience but you gain 3 training points. You can do the quest over and over if you have the experiences. So in my case(300 million) would recieve in total 45 training points. At the cost of 1.5 gold.
    Then I would have no experience left in Bloodmage. Could return after 20 million more xp.

Its not much reward for experience but its better than none.

NimKhazad
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Default Re: Experience over level 100

I think we all agree some kind of alternate advancement system would be great there have been many suggestions on the topic as well.

[link]http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=43149[/url]
    [link]http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=24172[/url]
    [link]http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=42420[/url]
    [link]http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=31145[/url]

Personally I think some combination of all ideas would work great.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfingers

Many dragons and alot of bipeds that like being a certain class(dont feel the need to multiclass a dozen schools) need to be rewarded someway for their experience past Level 100.

I have over 300 million xp in Bloodmage alone, and I havent played Bloodmage in 6 months. Im sure others do as well in different classes especially Dragons.

How I see it, Dragons and players that have fun playing a certain class are getting the shaft. Multiclassers are getting stronger and stronger and folks that actually like playing a certain class get nuthing.

For every 20 million experience past level 100, you can visit a npc that declares you have learned more than what can be taught by our NPC's! Would you like to share your experiences with Istaria? If you choose yes, the NPC gives you a scroll to right on and demands a transaction fee for his time. The fee is 100s. Pay the 100s and return the scroll with your experiences to the trainer of your choice(bloodmage). The bloodmage trainer gladly accepts the new information from your travels and rewards you 3 training points.

20 million exp is deducted from your total experience but you gain 3 training points. You can do the quest over and over if you have the experiences. So in my case(300 million) would recieve in total 45 training points. At the cost of 1.5 gold.
    Then I would have no experience left in Bloodmage. Could return after 20 million more xp.

Its not much reward for experience but its better than none.

NimKhazad
    Increase the cost with each successive use and I'm in favor of this.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

I concur with Twelve. With the addition that after
    a set number of "turn-ins" not only does the cost
    in coin rise, but the amount of XP needed for each
    Training Point rises as well.

That said, I've alwaysbeen stronglyin favor ofthis idea.

[Y][Y][Y][Y][Y]

* "I Concur" is TM &amp; Copyright 2005, Helcat Worldwide Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.
    Got Cowbell?

Gotta find a way to keep giving players the DING feeling without making them seem so distant from new players. Just small rewards for playing for months but not enough for new players not to be competitive.

NimK
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Thormor

I think some of you may regret trading in that xp later on, i dont know if this will happen anytime soon or if it wont happen for a few years, but if you go look at some of the classes on the schools page, http://community.istaria.com/default.aspx?pg=schools
    like cleric for example. they get a skill at 110. i dont know if theyre going to increase the level cap or not but every few classes does have a skill over level 100 :S

Thread Information