Thread: Question: Lair Shaping and Ancient???

Default Question: Lair Shaping and Ancient???

Ok, been hearing "around" that word on the "wing" is that the new craft schools - i.e. Lairshaping and Crystalwhatever (my question is more about lairshaping though) are going to be Ancient ONLY Craft schools.

So I guess I'm here to ask WHY!?! And to beg the devs to not make this so.

Right now Adults can buy Lairs (ok keep that....) - but if this is true they can't build on them? So we gotta beg/borrow/pay an Ancient to build on OUR lair (you know liek dragons already have to beg/pay bipeds to build on biped plots), OR possibly wait 40-50 levels to craft it ourselves?

WTH?

SO..what's the point? I mean sure I'm level 86 so you may not htink this is a big deal for *me* but rather I think its a big deal period - for everyone, so I speak for those who either aren't aware, or don't come here to speak :). If you're a level 50 or 60 adult and you buy a lair - why do you have ot wait 40 levels to bulid on it?

Is this just so now you can Ancient has new classes?? Cuz I for one would rather be able to build on the lair I can buy when I buy it, rather than go "Oh hey Ancient opens up two new craft classes! To bad you needed them 40 levels ago!"

So can someone please drop a line, a dev, a WM, someoen in IRC could ask - to find out for sure if this statement is true.

If it is true - then I'm begging you to make them "Adult only" and not just Ancient limited. Because that's just frustrating. You're only going to piss off even MORE players who are waiting to get their lairs but are 30-50 levels from Ancient, you're goign to piss off the dragons who don't want to have to hire/beg dragons as if they were bipeds to work on it for them.

Make Ancient special by adding in new classes that aren't already required to do things in game. But by releasing lairs, and telling the majority of the NEW popluation (you know those new subscriptions..) "oh you can buy a plot but you can't build on it...". IMO, this isn't how we should do this.

Make it Adult Only fine, since purchase of lair is Adult only.

But please, tell me this isn't true -

And post here if you agree or disagree - because I just don't see the logic OTHER than saying "Oh Ancient releases two new craft classes!"(heck that would really be a stealth nerf to the lair excitement...)

Seriously I just hope this isn't true.

Default Re: Question: Lair Shaping and Ancient???

This is an example of rumor. We have not released any information regarding the Dragon Lairshaping school other than it will be a new Dragon school. We will make a formal presentation of the new school when it is complete.

David
    David Bowman

I would be the one telling her this miss info. I am sorry. I saw the post about new ancient only school and missed the part after about them getting new spells and such, I am good about quick scanning things, and just latched onto ancient and new school and assumed it was for lair shaping. Again I am sorry.

:P Actualy David this was the impression I got from one of the IGN articles last week. I was rather worried about it myself, but I was letting it slide as miss-wording in an article..
    Lumineux Talar

I would swear up and down that I saw somewhere that it would be Adult and Ancient's that would have lairshaping. I dont remember if I remember seeing hatchlings in there or not. I think what the preview thing was talking about was more the adventure schools which had been eluded to once before.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    This is an example of rumor. We have not released any information regarding the Dragon Lairshaping school other than it will be a new Dragon school. We will make a formal presentation of the new school when it is complete.

David
    Thank you so Much David for the quick response and reply here :) [Y][A]

And since you're saying its not complete (yet) - please read my plea to you (though I'm sure others would agree) to NOT make this school Ancient only when you finalize and implement it.

(but yes I would understant if it was Adult and Up Only, since Hatchlings already can't purchase lairs, from what I know anyway)

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    (but yes I would understant if it was Adult and Up Only, since Hatchlings already can't purchase lairs, from what I know anyway)
    Pretty sure Hatchlings will be able to purchase lairs. I think that is one of the big reasons there are some that are on ground level (the one outside Kion) as opposed to in a cliff face. Wouldnt make a whole lot of sense if Hatchlings couldnt own a lair since low ranking bipeds can own plots.

Besides, do we need to give hatchlings one more reason to race through their first 30 levels so they can start the RoP?
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Denrath
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Frith-Rae wrote:

Pretty sure Hatchlings will be able to purchase lairs. I think that is one of the big reasons there are some that are on ground level (the one outside Kion) as opposed to in a cliff face. Wouldnt make a whole lot of sense if Hatchlings couldnt own a lair since low ranking bipeds can own plots.

Besides, do we need to give hatchlings one more reason to race through their first 30 levels so they can start the RoP?
    hehe well then maybe that's another question - I fully thought 100% that a dev said, in a thread here somewhere (as I get my info. from nowhere else) that lairs are only purchaseable by adults.

I mean I see tons of reasons for allowing ground-entrance to lairs even if hatchlings can't buy them (dragon pets, dragon alts, hatchling guild members, hatchling friends, crafting ease...can we fly with a disk yet? I dont think we can...). That I never even considered getting one that was flight only - even though I have no biped alt nor hatchling alt.

dangit I KNOW I read that somewhere....but I'm too lazy to try and search all the dragon lair posts in the month looking for it. Maybe someone else knows where that was located. Orrrr...perhaps I'm just wrong - that's ok too! :)

Thread Information