Thread: Another Try

Afestos

Default Another Try

I'm giving Horizon's another shot with the 14day trial. Last time I played was during retail launch and I really enjoyed the game, but the continued client/server problems drove me away after a month of frustration.

I see there's only 3servers now, so I would imagine there was some kind of server merges that happened since I last played.

I'm on the Chaos server and getting adjusted to this game again. Can't seem to find the beginner lore token guy anywhere in the newb town, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

I have over 11years of background in MMORPG and gaming in general, I've played them all. A brief listing:

1. Alpha/Beta Tested Sierra's "The Realm" way back in 1990 which in turn got taken over by Codemasters, then Noresman Games. Was my first MMORPG game.

2. Asheron's Call 1 (Played for over 6+ years), loved every minute of it but it seems to be coming to a close now. They just lost 4 of their core longtime workers and it's up in the air basically what happens past this month. The most fun I had was back in 1999/2000/2001 when Mr.Bowman was still part of the Dev Team. Hiya Dave. [;)]

3. Ultima Online (Great game, really feels alive)

4. Anarchy Online (Lot's of fun and a nice break from fantasy settings)

5.Asherons Call 2 (Played totally different then AC1, but was fun in it's own ways. To bad they are shutting AC2 down at the end of this year.)

6. Horizons (Really enjoyed it, but launch bugs/client problems drove me away)

7. City Of Heroes (Lot's of fun, but gets boring quick as all your doing is beating up the mobs, no crafting or anything else to keep you interested long term)

8. A Tale In The Dessert (Very Unique game, no combat at all)

9. Dark Age Of Camelot (Fun but allot like the other mmorpg games out there, could not get into it)

10. Ashen Empires (Almost just like Ultima Online, but costs less.)

Out of them all I really enjoyed Horizons the most, just like I said above launch was a real mess and a major headache.

I'm looking forward to some crafting, smashing some critters, and building a home. I always did like the Red/Green/Blue stances and having to adjust for them, made for some exciting combat to keep up. Is that still in game?

Also I was a paladin before, is this class still good to play or anyone have any suggestions about the others.

Regards

Default Re: Another Try

The stances are still there but dont work the same anymore, Blue helps crits and red helps with power skills. Forms are now bought from the individual trainers. Pali is still a well liked class. If you have the time read the how to get the best help ingame post in this section as it covers how to join player channels including NPA.

Lastly welcome back to Istaria:) If you have any other troubles, questions feel free to send me a tell ingame and I'll try and help you out:)
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

Quote Originally Posted by Afestos
    Can't seem to find the beginner lore token guy anywhere in the newb town, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Beginner lore tokens can be looted off mobs or earned through doing tasks for the trainers. You buy forms off the trainers by spending the lore tokens.
    8. A Tale In The Dessert (Very Unique game, no combat at all)

Is this game socio-politically oriented?

Afestos

Thanks for the information.

As for A Tale In the Dessert, ya it is. You spend time crafting and doing nothing but that, with some running around and some trial also to advance yourself.
    You can even run for political possitions during those times, if you have enough votes. Same with changing the rules work if enough people vote in favor for it.

A very Unique game in a field of clone MMORPG games, but won't suit everyone's tastes. I tried it for a month and thought it was alot of fun, but I missed combat as I also like smashing things sometimes to vent. (in game of course [:D] )

Regards

Welcome back to Horizons! Even though I am on Order, I still wanted to say Hi! and Welcome Back!
    I hope you like how they changed things up a bit. I havent had any major problems yet. My connection is off of DSL and it runs great for me. About the only thing I could complain about, but I wont, is that if I port back and forth about 50 times things will start to slow down. But they are fixing it, just takes alittle time.
    I am surprised you have not played WoW. My brother said it is officially the highest populated MMORPG with over 2 million active subscribers. But I never got into it, and I dont plan on it.
    I have been with Horizons this long, I dont plan on leaving. Its my home :D
    Welcome back! Hope your stay is better this time!

I, Dream; of Darkness. Shadow's Incarnite. The Light in Life of Mother Night's Embrace.

Afestos

Thanks Velat,

Ah I knew I forgot a game in there heh. Yea I did play WOW for about a month or so. My overall experience with that was so so such as:

Good:

A. Not allot of level grinding, casual players can level at a good pace.

B. Real nice quest system, streamlined and enjoyable.

C. Interface is really nice and customizable.

Bad

A. Community is the absolute worst I've ever seen in a MMORPG game in all my years. Horrible behavior, Cursing, Cap lock Yelling, Spamming, Begging, Flaming, you name it.

B. Griefing in WOW is overflowing. Whether it's some idiot standing in the fires at the Auction House to keep annoying people, trying to steal your kills, reporting you for a name some jackoff don't like and on and on. It's pretty bad.

C. Leveling is way too easy for the more experienced MMORPG vets out there. (Myself included) I hit 38 or so in less then a month and with 60 being the cap there's nothing to do after that.

Overall it was not a bad game, but the community really drove me off. I was having fun when some idiot decided to report my name to an Op after I was using it for over a month and everyone knew me as that. I was on a non-role-playing server and they still enforced it. Was not a bad name or anything, but some idiot obviously had nothing better to do then to report me.

Has allot of potential, to bad all the lEET d00ds and kiddies ruin it for the majority.

Regards

P.S. I was a paladin and I swear I always heard the crying over why Paladins get free mounts. It was unbelievable really, and when I brought up Warlocks getting a free mount also, nobody said anything about them or cried. Was too much kiddy drama for me to deal with. So I'm glad I'm here in Horizons where it's not full of all these lEET people.

Thread Information