Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signature generators??

Thormor

Default Signature generators??

Does anyone know where i can find one? I like all your nifty ones with your pics names and stats and such, i can manually make one but i was hoping theres a generator out there that would make one for me?[:^)] Thanks ^_^

Default Re: Signature generators??

Sorry, I can't help you there. I made mine myself and it took me forever since I'm not good with graphics programs.

Anyone know where a good collection of avatars can be found?

Drulgar - Adult Helian Dragon - 92 Adventurer - 96 Crafter - 14 Lairshaper - 5 million hoard
    Graldur - Dwarf - 70 Spiritist - 46 Healer - 30 Mage - 100 Carpenter - 100 Fletcher - 72 Gatherer

these are my two [:D]

I might suggest going to photobucket.com getting an account and uploading a couple of pics for your sig, make something in paint and download that is, I made mine in paint. and after you downloaded them it will give you their URL below the picture and you can add that between {img}{/img} (but make the { a [ etc.)and put that in your sig and boom. Really it shouldn't take you along time I never spent more than 30 minutes makign a sig.

which neither of those are as good as Drulgars.... over acheiver [:P]

since you are on the chaos shard I make sigs for chaos poeple, there is a fee in silver for my work if interested send me a PM

Link to see some of my sigs here
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=83546

And drulgal what kind of avitar are you looking for I know a few sites..or can make them myself

I'm looking for a nice red, preferably dark red, dragon head for my avatar. I don't like the cartoon looking ones you find on most sites.

Drulgar - Adult Helian Dragon - 92 Adventurer - 96 Crafter - 14 Lairshaper - 5 million hoard
    Graldur - Dwarf - 70 Spiritist - 46 Healer - 30 Mage - 100 Carpenter - 100 Fletcher - 72 Gatherer

Check your Pms drulgar

I think most of use who have sig images use Photoshop (or PSP or Gimp) to construct them. I'm not aware of any program or web appliance that would construct ready sigs by your instructions. Also, HZ screenshots should be good enough a source for dragon heads. My older sig (take a shot from as close as possible, cut out, then shrink the size radically to get rid of jaggies):

edit: And don't forget the forum signature size rules: "Signature images shall be no more than 600pixels wide by 120 pixels high. Signature total size should be no more than 240 pixels tall, including both text and image (120 pixel tall image, with roughly 5 lines of text below it). If a picture is used image size should be no more than 75k."

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Thormor

Thanks everyone :) check your Private messagesblue

also everyone should note...

You can download and play with for FREE for a ful month the ENTIRE version of Photoshop (with most of the bells and whistles). That's what I did - I made like 5-10 sigs in that month before the time ran out :).

(and also realize that it must be really user-friendly because up until this free download I'd never ever before played iwth photoshop. After a few hours of fiddling with it I was able to do all that I wanted to. So even the graphically ignorant like myself can make neato sigs)

This one comes from that, I meant to rotate them out, this was the 2nd in the series but I'm really liking it too much right now..heh

Your signature is broken, Frith. Following its link gives a fine not found error, too.

And yes, learning the basics of Photoshop is pretty easy. Doing some manipulations and basic effects / effect combinations is quite easy. Of course, there is a learning curve, and there's no avoiding the fact that if you want to create impressive stuff, it will take time and work.

For basics, I always suggest you retain your ability to 'deconstruct' the image (as I put it). This means, use layers. Don't add special effects or additional graphics on the same layer as the image, and don't combine effect layers or additional graphics layers too much. This is even more important when working on bigger projects than a signature image. Eventually you will get an idea how to make your work better, and you'll have to remove something to make it work. Did you hit that fade-to-white-edges effect straight on the source image? Too bad, if it was a layer you could simply remove it. Did you merge that color gradient to the layer below? You shouldn't have. When you have everything neatly organized to layers, making changes becomes a breeze.

Example: you want to add a lens flare to that image? (Don't! Lens flare is an overused cliche, doesn't look good and makes your work look amateurish in the eyes of more experienced people.) Add a new layer and fill it with black. We make the layer black because lens flare will not stick to transparent areas. Now, so we can see something again, turn the black layer's mode to 'Screen'. Now you'll just lens flare, undo and flare again until it looks good. When you want to test the looks without the flare you simply turn the layer off. If you want to make the flare look a little bit better and change colors, you can do this by adjusting the lens flare layer, leaving original picture's colors undamaged.

Layers are your best friend.

Thormor

ah yea i love photoshop, it gives many more tools than paint obviously, im just a lazy man that would rather get a generator or have blue do one for me while i watch a movie or play HZ haha maybe ill make one for fun on my free time thou :P

making my own sig and playing around with photo shop2 years agois what lead me to become so skilled with PS. started with sigs then uploading my photos then turned into photography as a hobby. now im a well known photographer in my areawith my sencic photos displayed at many localgalleries. So thormor my advise is to make your own sig like I did and who knows mabye you will have the same succesfull story as I had :)

hrm wierd - is it still broken *my sig*

Cuz I'm seeing it just fine...

but I know that server/place/whatever goes down from time to time)

Thormor

its still broken to me :( grats on winning the screen shot thing blue!

Yes Frith, and when I right-click onthe broken image and choose to View Image, I get " The requested URL /uploader/userfiles/Mystkldrgn/PSSig3.jpg was not found on this server." The picture you are seeing is probably retrieved from your local browser cache.

ahh crap!! I wonder how long that's been going on for..oh well..gotta fix that tonight when I get home :).

edit: ok is it fixed now?? :)

Yes Frith I see it just fine. [:D]

Wish I could be a bit more creative...Im just standing next to a giant chicken...[:P]

[li]

I, Dream; of Darkness. Shadow's Incarnite. The Light in Life of Mother Night's Embrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    edit: ok is it fixed now?? [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    Works ok now.

while were on the is my sig showing up. Is my sig playing ok? when i veiw it at my house it plays just fine but i am now at college and veiwing it on there machines it is glichting up[:O]

Thread Information