Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ANCIENTS HAVE ASCENDED

Default Re: ANCIENTS HAVE ASCENDED

Yes yes, more pictures!!

Congradulations to you all! I hope we all get to take to the skies as ancients soon with you!

[Y][B][pi][G][pi][B][Y] [:D]

[li]

I, Dream; of Darkness. Shadow's Incarnite. The Light in Life of Mother Night's Embrace.

Are the ancient dragons fixed in the textures?

It's my only gripe left since game release, to have red horns, claws and teeth just because my base color is red. I'd love to have whiteish teeth and natural looking horns and claws, thank you.

*pokes David*
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    Prepare to crash...
    well *$%&(#NF IUP(*&#% [:@]

Well, you Ascend in the outside part of the Ancients cave, actually. On the platform under the Claws. Hopefully you will not have the crash problem there.

You do have to talk to all 5 ancients first, though.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh

It's my only gripe left since game release, to have red horns, claws and teeth just because my base color is red. I'd love to have whiteish teeth and natural looking horns and claws, thank you.

*pokes David*
    Nope, horns/claws/teeth/tongue are still your base color.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

i kinda like having a white tongue...
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

soooooo what's the last npc of the arop like? screen shots? anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Tympest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh

*pokes David*
    Nope, horns/claws/teeth/tongue are still your base color.
    I asked about this in IRC and it came down to that those dragon NPCs that look more 'natural', ie they have 'bone' colored claws red mouths etc, are fully textured--they have their own textures. We have tints used for character customization, and those tints carry over onto the rest of us. Couldn't pull more out of the devs though. I'll try again though :P
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

*looks at pictures*

********** ************ you suckers are freaking huge.

Hope once this goes on Chaos that you all remember to port in Khutit Form, I Have problems with 2 dragons porting at the same time as it is. [:P]

That is correct, Nisse.

The NPCs have their own textures (that's why you don't see much variance in their looks.. the green with white chest and the red/pinkish ones are basically it). We have a generic base texture/color and essentially "color washes" that go all over, or just on our chest plates.

What they need to do to give us back our white teeth/horns is to implement some sort of alpha blend priority on the base texture. Basically, some texture pixels can be set to be more "opaque" to tinting, while others can be set more "transparent" to them, thus allowing white teeth/horns/etc in the base texture to become unaffected by the tinting.

However, don't get your hopes up there The current engine probably isn't capable of that, and we won't be getting a new engine any time soon.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

just so long as my horns don't turn pink i don't care what happens lol

*begs for more screenshots of ancients*
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel
    I think they are finally in proportion. Typicallythe larger an animal isat adulthood,the smaller the head appears in relation to the rest of the body. Of course this is not the standard and there are freaks of nature with giant heads out there.

I do however wish we were allowed a second layer of customising our dragons upon reaching ancient by this i'm speaking of

1. horn length and thickness
    2. Some form of beard. Used or rejectedBy personal choice of course.
    3. claw length
    4. option of makingyour lunus or helian crest permanently visable on forehead or chest

I think the horns would make themost significantdifference.
    some of us dont have horns [C]
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

StormSpirit

Just a word of warning - I wouldnt go by any screenshot of an ancient taken last week - apparently they are being changed :( Wont be as big as that, for starters..........*sighs sadly*

whaaaat? whats with the rapid fire nerfs... =(

first the stats, now those nice models ='(

Here's some pics of the changed ancient models.
    Ancient in Dralk
    Ancient in Chiconis

For comparison here's one of the pics I posted earlier in this thread.
    Me as an Ancient

*sigh* :(
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Razon

I have only one thing to say about this;

Bring back the old Ancient models!

Rorix

i think the new models are an improvement, the first adults looked awful, much-too-long giraffe like neck and the head looked sorta too big...

the new ones still not perfect, however, a step into the right direction...

size is not everything kids

trust in devs fading again....fading....fading...............

Honsetly, i'm more concerned about something else.I care about the rewards.I mean WTF it's a penalty. We have more bonuses is we stick with the scale and the 4 ancient abilities you get as an adult.

Ancient status should not only compensate for the loss of those bonuses but it should slightly surpass them that's what progression is!

Once again about the models... i do care on some grounds now that there is relatively no size difference. i turn back to my previous post as a must now that adults and ancients are realtively the same. We should look immediately different through aging characteristics if it's not by size.

Give us the adility to adjust certain characteristics upon ancient status

Horn size
    claw size
    small beards
    ability to wear our faction crest on our chest or head

StormSpirit

I cant help but feel *very* disappointed and kind of let down, if this truly is the final ancient model and skills we shall be getting. I say if, because I keep getting it rammed down my throat that this is all still in testing, but still...........

After all the time, all the work, all the levelling and waiting, dont ancients deserve to be instantly recogniseable as such? Dont they deserve to be along the lines of, how shall I put this, awe-inspiring? Not just a little tiny bit bigger than an adult (considering there is already height variations between adult dragons, some being tiny, some being top end of the slider), with a bit longer neck? Hardly going to be "awe-inspiring", more likely to be "Oh, that adult just had his slider on max when created, he is only a little bit bigger than what Ive seen before", not "Oh boy, an Ancient!" Does it really mean we shall just be ressing machines, and that being our only identifiable means of telling we are Ancient? Oh, other than the swan neck, of course.

Maybe I am jumping the gun here, as this is all still only on Blight, and being tested..........but still, I cant help feeling let down. All the hype, and it turns out we wont be that much different from an adult, except there will be more of a battle for hoard as abilities that didnt before will now need it, there will be none of the "awe"..........nothing truly *special*. Knee-jerk reaction maybe, but it's how I feel right now, after the excitement of seeing the first Ancients last week, then finding out thats not how we will be at all.....And yes, I shall still do it, yes I am still glad we have Ancients at all, yes I realise how hard the Devs have all worked on this, and am more than grateful for it (trying not to be a "selfish, whining complainer, as we were just all referred to as, on IRC), yes I shall reserve true judgement until all is finished totally, and yes I realise there is more to come...................just airing my own personal disappointment here, nothing more, nothing less.

Have the devs explained why they changed it at all?

It would be nice if they did =(

Thread Information