Thread: Gold Burst : Feedback and issues.

Default Gold Burst : Feedback and issues.

Ok this is a nice skill however there are some things I would like to comment on.

First thing, there is a bug in the feedback message on this ability hitting a target. It states Gold Burst I when I have the Gold Burst VII ability.

Second, this ability is not effected by the Power statistic in any way shape or form. The only reason I mention this, is because Gold Rage is directly effected by Strength, as such a Gold Rage attack can score up past 800+ per claw attack while the Gold Burst will always bearound 600 damage +-100. Having the ability to boost your power should effect the damage output of this ability.

The hoard cost is about right in my opinion, although I would like to see some sort of small effect like Gold Rage has, Gold Rage has a -140 to -70 primal res, +40 delay and on top of that a recycle of +40 effect on target to.

I like the hit/miss ratio, it seems fine, you just need to bump all your stats related to hitting with spells up.

All in all I do like the skill keep up the work and I will keep posting feedback,

Oh also, hows about a Silver Burst line as well? <g>
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Default Re: Gold Burst : Feedback and issues.

I thought gold rage was affected by tooth and claw...bah shows how much I pay attention.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

It is. Gold Rage is powered by T&C, the skill which increases both acuracy and damage. Strength also feeds it, giving it raw damage. It would be logical to assume that Gold Burst would work in the same way, drawing its skill from Primal and extra damage from Power.
    Lumineux Talar

*cries* ... couldn't they call it something other than "gold ____" :/ ...

silver burst? .. yes please..

honestly, i was hoping with ancient we'd get upgrades -- mithril rage and platinum strike....

... apologies to everyone who doesn't know dorrin in-character regarding why i'm unhappy about this choice of names...

Do not get this skill mixed up with the ancient skills, this is not an ancient skill, it is the polar of Gold Rage for dragons who want to cast instead of claw. So in essence even hatchlings will have some form of this skill later.
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Azure wrote:
    > Do not get this skill mixed up with the ancient skills ..

i wasn't.... my comment about platinum strike was an unrelated thought.

What is going on with this. Might a Dev let us know what is going on with this?

Staff :: Developer

Thanks for the great feedback!

I can't tell you what's going on with it, but I have ensured (yeah I know, finally!) that it's in a designer's lap now.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

OK Thank you this is all I wished to hear to make sure it was not completely dropped as some had said.

To be honest, I don't think these abilities should be aquainted with "gold", "silver" etc. They should be aquainted with the Dragon race as a whole.

Examples: Dragon's Rage, Claw Strike(Claw Rake?), Dragon's Burst, Mystic Burst. They had the right idea with Ravage, but even though the abilities USE hoard, I don't think the names should reflect that. I'd much rather see Claw Rake, Dragon's Rage and Mystic Burst, than gold, silver etc.

And I echo dorrin here. Ancients should have had complete upgraded names for those skills if they have to be aquainted with gold and silver. Mithril and Platinum would work, though what I stated above would sound nicer, IMO.
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

So might we get more word on this please? is it on hold for a quest to be built for it or what?

Thread Information