Thread: Flight : Is 2000 cap needed and is 200 diffrence enough?

Default Flight : Is 2000 cap needed and is 200 diffrence enough?

I started messing around with flight hight and found that at MAX view distance you can basicly go so high you cannot see anything around you at 2000 feet. Is this really needed in any shape or form?

The old cap was something like 180-200 for adults before it was changed to 1800 making ancients extra hight pointless. Why not change back to the 200 cap for adults and stick with the huge leap for ancients? Should there not be a real diffrence between the two stages of age?

The only reason I can think to have these super high limits is if you are planning on putting in areas that cannot be seen from the ground and also need to be reached some how other then a teleport.
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Fridlekh

Default Re: Flight : Is 2000 cap needed and is 200 diffrence enough?

I think you're confusing max fly height with the height you can fly above the terrain ... unless someone here got those confused, you should still only be able to go 200m relative to the ground, but no more than 2000m in elevation

David said they were going to change it; because of all the whining. So now you can fly so stupidly high you can't see anything.

I love it. Doesn't bother me one whit.

Heaven forbid Dragons fly above the clouds!

(Yeah, I know, the clouds are still above us; let me have my delusions [:P])

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

In some parts of the world, sure you can fly out of view distance of the ground. However theres MANY places where the old cap on altitude kept you from flying.

I like it the way it is now. I can finally fly up and see ALL of the Watchers. Theres also a few mountain ranges you would just run into and couldn't fly over, and if it was a steep vertical edge, you just couldn't get over it.

Much improved over the way it used to be.[Y]

Thread Information