Thread: Plots on Blight

Default Plots on Blight

I would like to suggest that players be allowed to have one plot on Blight and one plot on the Live Shards per CD key. Lots of things having to do with plots (purchasing, construction, lag from buildings, etc) can't be tested in quantity on Blight because very few people want to use up the single plot they get from a CD key on Blight. So most of the communities are just massive numbers of empty plots, not testing construction, not testing lag, etc.

Default Re: Plots on Blight

Quote Originally Posted by Senkeleron Fell
    I would like to suggest that players be allowed to have one plot on Blight and one plot on the Live Shards per CD key. Lots of things having to do with plots (purchasing, construction, lag from buildings, etc) can't be tested in quantity on Blight because very few people want to use up the single plot they get from a CD key on Blight. So most of the communities are just massive numbers of empty plots, not testing construction, not testing lag, etc.
    In the sense this is suggested, that of giving more testers to the issues of plots and lairs, I don't have a problem with it. However, as a "Blight Regular" there is a major problem with it from our perspective.

Since the live shards have far more players than Blight they have greater resources to accumulate coin with which to buy "prime location" plots. Just seeing the copies coming over to play in the Arena shows several coming with 10g or more.

The Blight community has neither the inclination nor the consistent population foran economy that gives this much coin to players. A "Blight Regular" player enjoys playing the game, but also knows that items, buildings and other stuff is subject to immediate change and or possible loss of use. For that reason, we "give for the asking" things that each other needs to accomplish our goals. Testing and finding bugs in changes that prevent "normal" player economies is a part of our gaming life.

Plot auctions could quickly become out-of-balance with live players possibly preventing a blight player from plot ownership.If something like this were implemented, I would hope that a player's "home shard" would be taken into account for plot purchases should more than 1 player bid for a plot.

Flsssssh
    Blight's Redemption
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

People buying plots on Blight would have to accept the fact that anything they did could be wiped out at a moment's notice. I don't think it would be swamped with buyers but it would help with the testing, which is what Blight is for. Also, since it is for testing, the original Blight characters ought to have their money supply increased by a gold or two. Then they would already have the plots they want when the Live players got the ability to buy an extra plot.

Here is a more radical Blight idea- put in an NPC that you can go to (no more than once a week), talk to him, and he will give you a random unowned plot somewhere in Istaria. The price of the plot would be set to 0, so you couldn't just sell it to the Empire to make some money. Plan it, build it, if you get tired of it go back to the NPC (in a week) and trade it for another. Anything you did on the plot could be left there, to be purchased at normal price or to be given at random to another player later.

Britt Tigahare

Aha, someone with the same idea as mine. I was actually just coming in here to suggest the very same thing.

Fact is, the Blight shard is barren in regards to plots. You have plenty of ways to make money, it doesn't have to be by selling stuff to other players. Go do town marshall quests, or start crafting and sell to the pawn broker. Something. There are TONS of plots, I hardly doubt there is one Blight native for each plot on the shard. I doubt even half of the plots could be occupied. It will not hurt anything to allow those from other shards to own a plot.

But if the time came that plots are needed (and I highly doubt there will ever come a time), then maybe they can start evicting people at random. First give them a notice to move stuff out first and then let someone else move in.

I seriously think this needs to be done because how many people actually test the stuff that has to do with plots? How many are going to be able to test furniture/new structures when they come out? Not enough I should say. I believe that's the reason why they allow copies in the first place, because there are NOT enough people to teststuff.

*looks back at history of plot bugs*

Always a plot bug went to life it took month to fix. Just take current bug. Planning window is now buged for 3 or 4 month.
    So YES. We need it.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I already have a copy on Blight (this last copy period) that I'd gladly buy a plot on Blight to aid in testing libraries and other new structures. But if the limitation is one plot for one subscription, then I can' help with this since I can't afford another subscription.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Britt Tigahare
    Aha, someone with the same idea as mine. I was actually just coming in here to suggest the very same thing.

Fact is, the Blight shard is barren in regards to plots. You have plenty of ways to make money, it doesn't have to be by selling stuff to other players. Go do town marshall quests, or start crafting and sell to the pawn broker. Something. There are TONS of plots, I hardly doubt there is one Blight native for each plot on the shard. I doubt even half of the plots could be occupied. It will not hurt anything to allow those from other shards to own a plot.

But if the time came that plots are needed (and I highly doubt there will ever come a time), then maybe they can start evicting people at random. First give them a notice to move stuff out first and then let someone else move in.

I seriously think this needs to be done because how many people actually test the stuff that has to do with plots? How many are going to be able to test furniture/new structures when they come out? Not enough I should say. I believe that's the reason why they allow copies in the first place, because there are NOT enough people to teststuff.
    Having more people to test stuff would be most welcome. A better game for all of us would be the result. I wholeheartedly agree that character copying is/was done to encourage more people to take part in the test/debugging process.

Yes, only a small number of people test plot stuff, but that is because our normal community is small. Those that do, however, do so very thoroughly. I know of at least 5 that will go through things likea script. Unfortunately, we miss stuff just like anyone else or we didn't check something because the change shouldn't have logically affected it (in our minds at least).

I appreciate your thinking of the regular Blight community with the suggestion of the random evictions. I would also suggest that a copied character plot be returned to the community if not used within a certain time frame. The upcoming changes (ARoP, Lairs, andthe Arena) are quite popular andhave attracted a lot of people. Testing is nowat the forefront of everyone's mind. Sincethe more mundane changes, like balance tweaks or amour dyes, didn't cause this type of interest (andprobably won't in the future) it doesn't really make sense to continue to tie up a test plot that someone else might want on a more permanent basis.

Flsssssh
    Blight's Redemption
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Thread Information