Thread: Withered Aegis Herald Report #2

Default Withered Aegis Herald Report #2

War Update

Flash--The Withered Aegis Research Institute has just announced a major breakthrough in their decades-long efforts to formulate new spells to combat the Gifted. A new incantation, dubbed "Istarium Smokem," was tested this morning by Wraith Lord Spooky LaVelle. Alas, though the spell certainly had its intended effect of slaughtering all targets within a 50-meter radius, it was immediately discovered that the spell only adversely affects the undead, while healing all Gifted in the area to full health.

Mused Wraith Lord Spooky: "Well, it's a start . . . ."

The names of the 241 undead spectators on hand to witness the incantation's unveiling are being withheld pending notification of next of aegis.

Ecology News

The Aegis Environmental Protection Agency issued a press release today officially placing werewolves on the "Endagered Species List." According to reports, the Gifted have recently taken a great interest in hunting these beautiful creatures who roam Balit's Island, taking a huge toll on their population.

Asked to comment on the report, Balit denied any knowledge of the Gifted's sudden interest in slaughtering the werewolves on his island. "Hey, look!" said Balit, "Those werewolves carry around coin and formulae and techniques and hoardable items! What did they expect? A free pass? Oh, and I categorically deny any knowledge about any signet ring or salves having anything to do with it." When your dauntless reporter showed Balit a signet ring bearing his name, the old werewolf responded "Hey! Over there! Is that Elvis?"

Offbeat

The Avatar of Pain has been spotted! So says Mighty Ghost Vaporina of Aughundell Battlefield. "I was out walking my slug when there he was, bigger than Old Rachival, sauntering down the road to that dwarven mudpit called Aughundell. And he had a couple of marrows and agonized scouts in tow! I waved hello and I really think one of his arms waved back!"

Ms. Vaporina is secretary of the Eastern Chapter of the Avatar of Pain Fan Club, and Keeper of the Gnome Spleen Half-Eaten by our Beloved Avatar Shrine.

Want Ads

Lost: One traveling smoke shroud. I went to a keg party the other night, laid my smoke down on the bed like everyone else, but when I came back it was gone! Substantial reward offered. Contact any wraith in Istaria.

For Sale or Giving Away: The Zealot, The Demonstaff, The Demonaxe. Major league buffs on all these wondrous weapons. One major debuff: Curse of the Gifted. Effect: 100% chance of every elite Gifted in the Land whacking at you. Duration: As long as you carry these items, and even if the Gifted just think you might. Contact Son of Gigaroth.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Default Re: Withered Aegis Herald Report #2

Good one Tant [Y]
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

haha! another great update Tantalyr. Thanks for the laughs!

Rawdge

"I will take my brush from the warpaint,
    My foot from the warpath
    When you understand
    It is sadness that drives the wrath..."
    Buffalo
    Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers

<grins widely>

"names...being withheld pending notification of next of aegis."

Bravo, Tantalyr!!!
    I am called Yuusuke...

Akiyama Yuusuke yonsei
    The Annatar, on Order

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Want Ads

Lost: One traveling smoke shroud.
    ROFL, seems like the Anti-Smoking-Campaign has even hit the WA! [;)]

*smiles* Great one Tantalyr.:-)
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

Can I slip a classified in the next one offering a bounty on the Avatar of Pain's head? I'm redoing my lot soon and could use a decoration or two ...

-Levity Merrel, residing at the Sans AoP Estate

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Can I slip a classified in the next one offering a bounty on the Avatar of Pain's head? I'm redoing my lot soon and could use a decoration or two ...

-Levity Merrel, residing at the Sans AoP Estate
    *chuckles* I'll give your info to the advertising manager. The Withered Aegis Tribune charges 5 silver per line, so I'll try to keep it short . . . . [:P]
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

this needs a sticky i guess :P

Keep up the good work Tantalyr :)
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Nifty report; thanks for writing it.
    [G]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

one word ... [Y]
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

once again, very nice reading... [Y][:D]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information