Thread: Different portals and landing pads for bipeds and dragons

Default Different portals and landing pads for bipeds and dragons

I dont know how many times I have ported somewhere and appear on the pad in the middle of some friggin dragon. Worse still I can come back 30 minutes later and the same dragon is still there...obviously afk. I dont like landing somewhere and having my LOS blocked by some big scaley lizard. Sure, bipeds afk on pads too but, they arent as big as dragons now are they...

Make another set of travel gates and landing pads at each place one already exists, make one set biped only and one set dragon only.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Default Re: Different portals and landing pads for bipeds and dragons

Not to shoot down your suggesstion, but. . . er, I just don't see that this would really help anything other than your odd annoyance with afk dragons on port-in pads. Can you explain why this change would help the majority?

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

yes I have same problem, but it would be easier just to make Dragons only able to use ports as Khutit, if that makes you happy. (I have suggested this too, but I do it because of the short bout of lagg I get when I have to load a large dragon)

why don't you just setscale 'em down to 0.1? End of problem

Or make all people invisible and invulnerable after port and login until they do frst move or action. Then you wount notice any afk (or maybe just very long) ports. And it would protect on login in mob areas (crashes donnt happen to rare).
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

imported_Kepesk

Ooo, I like Eni's suggestion a lot! In fact, that would help to solve another problem related to lag in big battles. Not only would making people invisible upon porting till they moved make it easier for bipeds to get around through the big bulky dragons, but raids and big battles are notorious for causing major amounts of lag at nearby teleport pads. I imagine that part of this is due to the sheer amount of people trying to port in all at once to participate in the battle, and then they all get stuck on the pad while porting in because of the lag others before them cause, compounding the problem. This would go a long way toward solving that problem. A very, very good idea, Eni!

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon

Collision detection. Repeat after me . . . . collision detection.

That and "bumping" AFK characters off the pad.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden
    Collision detection. Repeat after me . . . . collision detection.

That and "bumping" AFK characters off the pad.
    yeah..... ooooook.

Well then, after we all have fun dicking around by pushing a AFK person clear acroos town... I'm sure it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal
    yes I have same problem, but it would be easier just to make Dragons only able to use ports as Khutit, if that makes you happy. (I have suggested this too, but I do it because of the short bout of lagg I get when I have to load a large dragon)
    Force dragons to port as Khutit?
    Then lets forcebipeds to walk to chiconis and dralk instead of using a portal... [:D]
    My god, you must to having a high temperature so better go to bed... [:S]

The idea Eni had was a very good idea and would solve the problem some bipeds seem to have...

Personally I dont understand the problem, since it is not that you cannot move when the dragon is there...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

my only problem with the AFK dragons is the lagg I get from loading all of them, just felt my idea wouldn't segregate the races to badly.

saying that it wouldn't be fair is saying that all buildings should be re-fitted so dragons don't have to use the Khutit form, sense you all hate doing it so much apparently.

Well Kinn ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptress
    er, I just don't see that this would really help anything other than your odd annoyance with afk dragons on port-in pads.
    I tend to agree.. it will not bring anything to the game. Altough the colision detection and move the targe off the pad has some appeal to me.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Thread Information