Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ancient : Size of model is now very small and I look like an adult to all NPCs.

Default Ancient : Size of model is now very small and I look like an adult to all NPCs.

I look like an adult in size compared to NPCs, only my neck is 'slightly' higher. Please fix this as its very unsettling to be the same size as an adult when you just completed a quest to become an Ancient dragon. Thank you, BTW head is screwy as well sent in an email with pic would post pic here of size but do not have web space.
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Default Re: Ancient : Size of model is now very small and I look like an adult to all NPCs.

This is a very dishearting and demoralizing change.. Looking forward to being ancient after so long without it.. now only to be an inch or in Azures case not even an inch taller then adults.. why change this? If anything the higher size had made it easier to select around ancients because of how high off the ground they were.
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

Default Re: Ancient : Size of model is now very small and I look like an adult to all NPCs.

Aye, that what it comes down to--insulting. We worked so hard, we saw the way the NPCs looked, we desired to work for that, and after we had it, it was taken away.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

And then I find that we will get no armor upgrades, the only flight speed inclrease is an in-flight sprint, AND

(get this)

We will lose our Headscale of the Ancients, to be replaced with an inherant armor increase equal to the scale. So net effect is we lose a number of the bonuses from the scale, most notably the proc.

So, is Ancient pretty much a loooong awaited and somewhat ardous quest to be nerfed? I mean, what's the point? It sure isn't flight ceiling, everybody gets that with the new change.

I can't believe I have waited two years for this.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

It does seem to be a dissapointment. Even I -- who wasn't expecting much -- am feeling pretty let down.

They could at least throw us a bone -- give us a fangs of fury ability or something.

Also, if they reduced the size of ancientsthen I'm not exactly thrilled with that either. That has nothing to do with balance.

Manga said on blight today that we were 'too big'.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

I have seen some of what I assume are the new Ancient forms. I do not like it just looks the drag our necks out so they are longer is it. I do not know but the proportions do not look right maybe I am use to our "normal" short necks. I know this is not D&D but a long neck on a D&D dragon looks fine here the long necks look foolish. Maybe the should not grow us Up but grow us length wise. Make us longer so the longer neck fits us more.

I ran into two ancients and at first I had a lot of trouble figuring out they were ancients. I figured out one was but the other was face on to me so I could not see the neck difference and thought it was an adult.

Ok, so after reading this I logged onto my ancient on Blight.

What a heartbreak.

I suppose he's bigger then an adult still, but not by much.

Do you remember Valkoth and Vladtmodt and how they used to dominate their caves? They don't anymore. In fact it would be easy to confuse them with adults if there isn't an adult standing right next to them for comparison.

I've had as much of this as I can stand for the time being.I'll probably be back tomorrow.

Ugh. I've got to say this is disapointing. I can accept that the old ancient model was too big for general use. But there should be a clear visual diference between an adult and an ancient. Ancients deserve at least that much.
    Lumineux Talar

*sigh* ... now i'm afraid to log back into blight...

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux
    I can accept that the old ancient model was too big for general use.
    Why? I would like someone to point out exactly what it is that is too big about the old model. I flew Blight for a bit, went into all my normal haunts, the new lairs, player towns, everything I normally do. I had no problems. I participated in battles with bi-peds, I even fought in the Arena with some. No problems on my side or theirs.

So just what is the problem? Anyone have an actual answer for this?

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Functional? Yes. Doesn't mean that it is not obnocious. Honestly it (the old model) would probibly work fine. But, that does not change the fact that we are already really big, and frequently in the way. We fill most of our own screens. You fought with bipeds, ok. They managed, could they see anything but your wing to one side of them?

So, I can easily understand not using the old ancient model. But perhaps it should have just been toned down a bit. There really needs to be a clear visual diference, so that you can say "He's an ancient!" even when other dragons are not around to make a compairison with.

Lumineux Talar

Wouldnt that make the old size better? biped would be able to see perfect in first person under the dragon (or so ive been told by bipeds that hunted with me with the old size)
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

*is immensely disheartened and dissapointed. our size ruined,our stats/upgrades nearlky wiped entirely and just a sour taste of wasting my time.money and effort to watch a promising and exciting time end in a letdown that will be much worse than the adult one way back that slashed the dragon population more than 35%.

Why these sudden nerfs and changes to what we liked on blight? why shrink us to adult size? infinite questions the entire dragon community will be wanting to hear answers too. What about the breath weapons? increased fly speed and capacity? 8 armor per level base thats been talked about for ages? if this is what we get slapped in the face with its a truly sad and humiliating end. this meant more to me than multiclassing and anything it was the day i waited for and now this??? truly this will be the most dissapointing and mass letdowns ever in Horizons since the launch issues.

*hides in a cave waiting for the outrage*

Quote Originally Posted by Akuluxtraxas
    *is immensely disheartened and dissapointed. our size ruined,our stats/upgrades nearlky wiped entirely and just a sour taste of wasting my time.money and effort to watch a promising and exciting time end in a letdown that will be much worse than the adult one way back that slashed the dragon population more than 35%.

Why these sudden nerfs and changes to what we liked on blight? why shrink us to adult size? infinite questions the entire dragon community will be wanting to hear answers too. What about the breath weapons? increased fly speed and capacity? 8 armor per level base thats been talked about for ages? if this is what we get slapped in the face with its a truly sad and humiliating end. this meant more to me than multiclassing and anything it was the day i waited for and now this??? truly this will be the most dissapointing and mass letdowns ever in Horizons since the launch issues.

*hides in a cave waiting for the outrage*
    I agree Akul

I've been really happy with all the communcation and moving forward thats gone on in the last few months, and with the client update.

These new changes however i'm not happy with, i'm not saying i deserve to get my way in all things, but they can calculate stats as well as we can, so why do they think this change is a 'reward'?
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

three steps foward - excitement builds..

and then 2 steps back - and we all wonder what we were excited about.

*waits for a single person to be happy with this size nerf - or the stat bonuses*

:: shrugs ::

Got here from a link in Rants.

Let me get this straight.

An Ancient dragon was in the November 2003 video, as seen by its Whirlwind attack.

Ancient NPC dragons are in the game. Vlad and now the Council of Elders.

Dragon machines and dragon structures were (or are being changed) to allow Ancient dragons to craft in Ancient form.

Lairs are nearly done to allow Ancient dragons to enjoy them in their Ancient form.

All designed for that (then) current size . . . .

And now all of them are smaller? Down to "Adult size +1, longer neck"?

What is going on? Some un-immersive shortcut by management due to poor planning of keeping an Ancient dragon the proper size?

JFA/J.F.A.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Noooo! Don't shrink ancients!
    I've been looking forward to being ancient for so long. I actually care more about size change than the rewards.

[N]
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

Slapped in the face yet again. [:(]

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

The Ancient model was slightly reduced in size (15%) to aid with visibility and selection issues. It is still noticably larger than an Adult. You have to realize Azure was comparing himself, who is set to the smallest size possible, to an NPC Adult, which are set to the largest size possible.

Thread Information