Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castles?

Default Castles?

Anyone in the know,

I remember starting out in Istaria back in January 2004 with ambitions to get the castle plot (forgot where it was).

Is this still on the "to do" list? Or are castles not on the roadmap?

Regards,

Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Default Re: Castles?

I haven't seen them mentioned in any of the roadmaps posted, so I would say that this idea is stillborn.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Take this (360k)
    was taken at time when plot planning after merge was realy broken.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

I have seen a few screen shots of castle pieces, but that has to be the best my eyes have seen (or my brain remembers my eyes seeing).

Such a structure would be awesome...
    Sajid,

Champions of Honor

I believe they're firmly on the pony list. Although I they did mention that some of the tech work for dragon lairs, will have made any work on castles easier.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

News to me.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I think it was a rumour for about a year ago. Guilds should be able to buy a plot for a 'few 100's of gold' and built their castle on it. After merge the guildplots came for it instead.

and btw [link]http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=50702[/url]
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

It was not a rumor. There was a castle plot pre-merge. It cost 1g back when noone could earn 1g. Several guilds were working thier tails off to buy the plot.

It was a 100X100 RCI surrounded by smaller plots that would be released after the castle was built.

The castle plot then instantly turned into a normal plot without warning from the developers. Many folks were quite upset because they had worked for months to save for it.

Furthermore, castles were part of the release package... was my ambition when I bought the retail box.

Anyway... that link with the buildings was neat.
    Sajid,

Champions of Honor

It was originally 20g and was a castle plot, and people were working up to that. Then it was changed to 1g and a regular plot stealthily.

<PJ> times like this i wish i could sink my cash pile into a nice castle plot =P
    <David-FinishingT1Lairs> You wouldn't be able to check out lair planning yet, the assets aren't there on blight, nor are the plots purchasable
    <Hal`cyon> Ah, *nods*
    <Hal`cyon> That's one thing I can do, play with the assets.
    <David-FinishingT1Lairs> PJ: one nice benefit of the dragon system is that it leads directly to castles finally...
    Nevertheless, they're firmly on the pony list
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    It was originally 20g and was a castle plot, and people were working up to that. Then it was changed to 1g and a regular plot stealthily.
    i remember my first guild (as most of them were back then) were saving up crazy for that thing. we stopped just shy of the 20g, (we had about 300s lol) and settled in ML.

castles would be awesome. but so would a reason for having them.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Quote Originally Posted by Eni
    Take this (360k)
    was taken at time when plot planning after merge was realy broken.
    Hey this is my plot! [:D]
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

Screens made shortly after merge in offline mode.

Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

Astrianna

I am a Dragon so have no use for a castle, but I do belive that they would be very awsome for bi-peds. To have a large fortress with all your crafts,your vault,storage and guild house all in one place rather then trying to fit multiple oddly shaped building on to a plot seems like a really good idea. [H]

During beta I wandered through a castle I found out in the hinterlands. I think it was on the far side of what we know as Dalimond ridge and for awhile the shadow spiders wereon what had been the castleplot. I don't know what's there now. It obviously wasn't close to done. I could walk through many of the walls.

I think the whole point of the dragon lair system was to introduce a modular system which they could eventually apply to a lot of things including castles but also dwarven tunnels, dryad tree houses and who knows what else. I think the construction aspects of the game will be a lot better once this has a chance to percolate throughout, which I expect to take many years.

Much of what had been the ideas for castle plots turned into what we know ofas guild plots, lacking the actual castle of course.

Bump, someone requested the screenshot in game. Any chance of having these one day? hehe
    Aucus: adult lunus now over 4 years old! 100/100/92 AROP completed
    Nightmare: proud ancient lunus, 94/100/40.

If I correctly recall someone mentioned to me, the plot meant to hold a Castle is in Izzon Crest.
    ========================
    | ()""'() ~~Have A Good Day!~~
    | ( 'o' ) ****Hehehehe****
    =(,)=(,)==================

Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    If I correctly recall someone mentioned to me, the plot meant to hold a Castle is in Izzon Crest.
    Yes it is. That one is 119x117 but I have seen a few others slightly bigger. It cost me 16 gold. I'm not sure if I'd want to put a castle on it even when they do come out though. I guess it depends on what the footprints are and what all perks it comes with. I'd just really hate to have to give up my hedge maze that I worked so hard on. Then again, if it does come with all the machines, I could redo my other 4 surrounding plots to have more storage and less shops.

I was thinking about castles--they would indeed be very good, in my opinion, for guilds, and the various plot communities around Istaria.

I'm thinking perhaps that the main guild master plots could be upgraded to the master castle plot for a small USD fee, and a similar downgrade fee could then be charged to reset the plot back to its original state.

I have no idea if this is viable, nor how much work is involved, I suspect it won't pay well if there's too much work. I think < $10 is a good fee to charge. if it can be done be 2 or less people over a weekend, it should work. I think >_>

The same could be done with a chosen plot in a community, thus making (possibly?) the smaller outlying plots more viable, as support pieces for the large castle. Say each plot owner makes one important component to support the main castle (silos, one machine shop, what have you) and then has free reign to decorate beyond that.

The community could even come together to construct such a large thing, with (hopefully?) great benefits for the whole area.
    (I admit, I do miss airlifting supplies. I just like to help. When it really gets going, there's a fantastic efficiency that's simply got to be experienced to be believed.)

Just turning some gears in my head, neither here nor there.

Discuss?
    Well bah. I had a nice little pseudo ascii diagram all worked out, and the forum software went and broke it. ;_;
    Last edited by Nisse; February 11th, 2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: forum software decided to 'fix' my diagram
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

If you still have it, put it in, then hit the Go Advanced button. Select everything for the diagram and use the font Courier New. One of the few fixed-width fonts out there that is still widely used. Everything from a space to a M is all the same width with it.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Trieah View Post
    Yes it is. That one is 119x117 but I have seen a few others slightly bigger. It cost me 16 gold.
    I have owned the Castle Plot in Izzon Crest (Chaos) for quite some time, and know of no other plot larger. I do remember there being a bug that showed plots with 120x120 when you were doing a search for them, but when actually standing at the propertly, the specs were correctly represented at 100x100 or some such? If memory serves, this was right after guild plots and all the new communities were put in place?

Am I remembering wrong?
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thread Information