Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: UPDATE: Ancient Dragon Stats

Default Re: UPDATE: Ancient Dragon Stats

Hmm... I'm quite sure it was mentioned somewhere that resists are not delay adjusted. However since I can't find any written proof whatsoever on this, I should take what is implied by the original post and assume that resists are added directly to your armor value.

The fact that alacrity lessens your damage per hit but increases overall DPS cannot be disputed, it is the very nature of the damage formula. But seeing your observations run counter to this, it could be the adjustment numbers are large enough to make the real impact of alacrity indiscernible.

Additionally, we don't have details on two other damage adjustments, The "X-Y damage (delay adjusted" and proc damage. How is the additional delay adjusted damage exactly delay adjusted, and how proc damage is added? Seeing the latter is always expressed as a separate damage report suggests it is not directly added to weapon damage, but rather separately compared to mob armor. I suppose it uses the originating attack's delay form calculation purposes.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard

The fact that alacrity lessens your damage per hit but increases overall DPS cannot be disputed, it is the very nature of the damage formula. But seeing your observations run counter to this, it could be the adjustment numbers are large enough to make the real impact of alacrity indiscernible.
    It can be disputed. The delay in the quoted formula is the base delay of the weapon/spell/ability not the delay after its been adjusted for gifts/abilities/items/etc

Additionally, we don't have details on two other damage adjustments, The "X-Y damage (delay adjusted" and proc damage. How is the additional delay adjusted damage exactly delay adjusted, and how proc damage is added? Seeing the latter is always expressed as a separate damage report suggests it is not directly added to weapon damage, but rather separately compared to mob armor. I suppose it uses the originating attack's delay form calculation purposes.
    Having a delay adjusted damage boost, say +1 from a Dark Garnet Weapon Crystal would make the damage equation

Damage: Base Damage + (strength|power)*delay/X + Skill*delay/Y -Armor*delay/Z + 1*delay
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    It can be disputed. The delay in the quoted formula is the base delay of the weapon/spell/ability not the delay after its been adjusted for gifts/abilities/items/etc
    Are you sure about this? To me, it would make little sense to create such a complex formula that even involves delay. If delay is constant, I'd expect them to go for a simpler, more straigthforward formula in the likes of: (base damage + skill + stat -armor) * multiplier
    Having a delay adjusted damage boost, say +1 from a Dark Garnet Weapon Crystal would make the damage equation

Damage: Base Damage + (strength|power)*delay/X + Skill*delay/Y -Armor*delay/Z + 1*delay
    I'm thinking it gets a divisor of some strength too. A +1 crystal on a spear (delay 30 I recall) tested under elven leadership effect gives my alt a constant +3 to damage.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

But Thirdly, where exactly resistance goes into the formula is never specified. It could very well add into the armor value before armor is adjusted by Delay and Z. So the formula very well could be

base damage+(attribute*delay/X)+(skill*delay/Y)-(armor+resist)*delay/Z
    I think this is the way resists work.

Also, ethereal damage and ethereal armor are probably parallel calculations. So if an attack is normal damage, above is used. If attack is ethereal, substitute "armor" with "Ethereal armor"

Smeglor has stated that haste effects decrease damage per hit. Well that's how it's SUPPOSED to work ..

Thread Information