Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Original Ancient Size and Model

Default Original Ancient Size and Model

Alot of players have expressed the desire to have the old ancient size and model back

Self extracting installer:
    http://www.goodboy.mygamesite.net/ho...al_Ancient.exe

or unzip this into your horizons folder, yes to overwrite.
    http://www.goodboy.mygamesite.net/ho...al_Ancient.zip

then Relog if already logged in.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Cegaiel; July 4th, 2019 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Reinstating URLs (Typo)

Razon

Default Re: Original Ancient Size and Model

Majorthanks Guaran!

has the change already hit live? because I said when it did i was going to make a pacther that would revert the ancients back to regular size (as stated in the rant i made in rants)

Thank you Guaran. Just downloaded it. Not sure whether I'll use it because I'm not crazy about seeing stuff differently from everyone else, but at least now there's the option.

Thanks Guaran. Maybe they will realize with all the people trying to get the old model files, that they were wrong to change it.

Here's to hoping.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

After comparing back and forth, the old Ancients really were huge. but I liked them. It's a more entertaining battle to watch the old Ancient models (finally being used for more than static NPC's) go head to head with the bigger beasties in the game.

It's more exciting.

On a side note I also included the new spellcasting animation. If people want i can include the setscale file as well, be everything a Dragon needs to get horizons running just the way you like.

yes, hopefully they will see the error of their ways...

guaran, thank you.

.. what exactly does setscale do?

.. and .. i thought the were going to put the original dragon casting animation back into the game for all... they haven't? (yet?)

i've been saying .. probably since the first parts of the ancient rite came out... that i didn't care as much about becoming ancient as i do about finally having a lair... ...but man, this is really disappointing. suddenly i'm starting to care and be rather concerned, and a bit annoyed...

i can hear it now, though... "these are just the initial bonuses from ancient.. the real benefits will be from the new schools". um.. yeah, once those are designed.. in the meantime.. people are disappointed and possibly considering leaving again.
    history repeating...

With this 'patch' you'll be huge on your client (home pc) are you?

Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

setscale allows you to change the scale (ie size) of selectable things in the game - in other words i f a dragon is too big - you can scale it down to a smaller size .. can't click on those necro flies to loot 'em - scale them up. especially useful for selecting nodes under a fat dragon rump, selecting mobs near dragons, and scaling down looted mobs to get to others underneath in a dead mob stack.

It is IMO one of the most useful commands for an adult dragon - probably more so for an ancient.

Thank you Guaran!
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx
    setscale allows you to change the scale (ie size) of selectable things in the game
    This is my gripe with the new Ancient models. When it comes right down to it, we can select ourselves and size us up to whatever size we want. A player could have a giant Dryad, for instance.

But that is just like puting in your own models, or any other form of client-side hack where you are the only one seeing it. It is not at all the same as having it be by design, it is just fooling yourself.

This should not be necessary. The Devs have advertised Ancients in a particular manner and style for two years, and in the end it is just a bait-and-switch. In real world advertisement this is ilegal, and while it is slightly different here I am stil not too keen on it.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Sevakordran

Hee ^^ thanks, you saved me the time of having to find somewhere to upload the copies I have for distribution :3

Biggest beef I have with the new MDL outside the overall size reduction (we seem to now be at 1.25 times the size of a max sized Adult) is that they shrunk my tail ;.;

Grumbles I say im going to do the same thing in rant back up the files and host them for every one..I get ridculed for it...but here garuen gets praised for doing it[:@]

Edit/ im not mad at you gauren...just poeple can be so..

Rants is the troll board though, Blue, kinda by definition. Just let it roll off ya, knowing that it was obviously a good idea because folks are using it.

Sorry you had a run-in like that though.

- Albert Einstein

Appears they made this change unusable now so were forcefully stuck with the smaller models that suck imo. I miss the leaner and more smooth animation and sizing but looks like again dragons get the short end of diversity with no distiction or diff in appearance

Razon

Appears they made this change unusable now so were forcefully stuck with the smaller models that suck imo. I miss the leaner and more smooth animation and sizing but looks like again dragons get the short end of diversity with no distiction or diff in appearance
    Your kidding! Thats a whole load of BS.

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

Quote Originally Posted by Akuluxtraxas
    *Extra slow motion death animation for lack of a 'faint and collapse' emote.*

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

Quote Originally Posted by Akuluxtraxas
    Now that is just good stuff!! How dare we get around a purely cosmetic nerf?!? They will show us who's boss, by god!

Great work, AE, nice to know you guys are spending your valuable time wisely. It would be a real shame if players could actually have the models they wanted in this 'highly customizable game'.

Leave in game-altering hacks like /setscale, but nerf the living hell out of visual models that most if not all the Dragon community seems to want. If that isn't an example of higher thinking then I dunno what is.

- Albert Einstein

Well the dragon model doesn't work from resources override, nor form the original location the files were stored.

Apparently for some reason Tulga wants to force this... I think an explanation is deserved.

Manga told me that "people complained about the larger size" to which I countered there are plenty of bipeds who have NO PROBLEM grouping with or playing with adult dragons. Apparently a few complainers in IRC have decided our fate, even when it is ONLY OUR CLIENT with the old model. He then said "well no one else is speaking up about it" I guess not all bipeds browse the Dragon forum with enough regularity to have helped make a difference. To post that they can play along side without a problem. We've been doing so for a year and a half, we know how to work around it.

[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-22.gif[/img] to your short-sighted change that forces the model.

I suppose Frid's comments that they would rather [Censored] off a "few" players now and then deal with the loss of customers, and that new customers "will not know the difference" must be the mantra Tulga is taking.

Funny. I have several dragon toons. I have just as many biped toons. (3 accounts worth) I play just fine with dragons too.

[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-60.gif[/img] at the moment I really don't feel like playing at all [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-60.gif[/img]

gg Frid/Tulga

you win

Leiko

I'm rather new to playing Horizons, so I have not seen the original Ancient model vs. the new one (I'd actually like to see screenshots of the comparison between the two, if there are any availiable), but here's my two cents:

$12.95 a month can, over time, get rather expensive. We are all paying customers, and I believe that getting our money's worth is one of the most important things the company could do for us. It would make us happier and they would be more successful with their jobs. It's wrong for them to have us dump $100+ a year into their game, and not give us what we want.

It makes me angry at the fact that they are actually forcing this upon dragons. What should they care what we do with our own clients, anyway?

Feh... [N]

Thread Information