Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Original Ancient Size and Model

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

Default Re: Original Ancient Size and Model

Quote Originally Posted by Leiko
    I'm rather new to playing Horizons, so I have not seen the original Ancient model vs. the new one (I'd actually like to see screenshots of the comparison between the two, if there are any availiable)...
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=98444(The post containing the comparison is located one post below the first.)

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

Leiko

Thank you :)

Personally, the size difference doesn't bother me too drastically, but there is more to it than that. It's silly that you can't even have them that size on your own computer, even if they don't put back the originals. :\

Why does Manga HAVE to listen to some pissy bipeds and NOT to those that are affected by the nerf?

This is a game good for soloing and all, I don't see why nerf us and not give those imbeciles a preferences button to just scale dragons down and another to format their hard disk for what I care.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Turns out that the adult size skeleton was patched to blight - ancients, hence the extremely smaller and dissapointing size, and the resulting outrage from the player base.

Smeglor said it will be fixed soon.

Once it is we can all try the newer model/size for sure, since some of us may not have seen it at all yet. (The newer size)

Pariah

I bought a new PC an lots of RAM just so i could fight with combat spell effects on and a big red draggy butt in my face(Parah Medic the gnome)no offence intended about your big red draggy butt G......RAM is cheap right now that will solve most peoples lag issues in battles with' draggybuttsinyourface 'syndrome,at least it did for me on both my PCs.I say enlarges G big butt, ill have big red ankle in my face , an not the big red butt.

Pariah

P.S. size does matter.

So true.

P did you sign up to the forums just to respond to G's post???

Welcome, Jayne

thanks guaran and blue for thinking this up and making it possible (i want to give some creadit to blue for thinking of making a patch for this) this is awsome [Y]
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Thank you for the link to have the original model. Even though only I can see it, but still...going to be awhile before I hit ancient anyway. Hopefully they will change things back by then.

[li]

I, Dream; of Darkness. Shadow's Incarnite. The Light in Life of Mother Night's Embrace.

I know on chaos that the files do increase the size a bit. The model I need to double check. Tulga is still ironing out some issues with the Ancient skeleton mesh and the head models, and incorporating the newer head models.

dragons if you check the link in my sig the old ancient files are now made into a easy to use installer program. to find the old ancient size go to the second page of the flash.

Just a friendly BUMP for those who might not have seen this.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

bump

up!
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Bump!

- Albert Einstein

courtesy of PJ, this knowledge from the previous HOC chat:

Sprite: *Murmandamus* What was the specific reason(s) for the Ancient size reduction, and were the issues fully investigated with greater player input before the decision was made?
    DavidBowman: When testing the Ancient Rite of Passage and Dragon Lairs we reconfirmed that the original placeholder Ancient models were scaled too large for all players gameplay. We read player suggestions on the topic, talked with many members of the playerbase, as we usually do. We heard the desires on both sides of the issue, but decided to create
    DavidBowman: the best possible models with a complete animation set that allowed the most players to enjoy the game. We don't think it is resolved completely yet, because there are still a few selection issues. We'll continue to work on those as well.
    DavidBowman: I'd like to add that we listen to all of our playerbase. We hear the good and the bad, it's the only way to get a complete picture of what the audience wants. But then we decide based on what we feel the game needs in light of the total community needs.

-----

*shakes his head*

Quote Originally Posted by dorrin
    courtesy of PJ, this knowledge from the previous HOC chat:

Sprite: *Murmandamus* What was the specific reason(s) for the Ancient size reduction, and were the issues fully investigated with greater player input before the decision was made?
    DavidBowman: When testing the Ancient Rite of Passage and Dragon Lairs we reconfirmed that the original placeholder Ancient models were scaled too large for all players gameplay. We read player suggestions on the topic, talked with many members of the playerbase, as we usually do. We heard the desires on both sides of the issue, but decided to create
    DavidBowman: the best possible models with a complete animation set that allowed the most players to enjoy the game. We don't think it is resolved completely yet, because there are still a few selection issues. We'll continue to work on those as well.
    DavidBowman: I'd like to add that we listen to all of our playerbase. We hear the good and the bad, it's the only way to get a complete picture of what the audience wants. But then we decide based on what we feel the game needs in light of the total community needs.

-----

*shakes his head*
    David should have been a politician. Same old reccord, nothing new.
    If the 'playerbase' is only what is on IRC (because I haven't seem him responding about a lot of issues here), then he need to refresh his public relation skills.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

To parahrase: Total load of BS. I even question the definition of 'many players', and wonder just who these players are. I expect they would make The Neilson Ratings proud.

I have had zero issues with the Old model, and have not heard of anyone who has. Just the Devs mumbling about vague things that prove to be inaccurate when they can be pinned down at all.

- Albert Einstein

The Focus Group wasn't talked to about it.

None of the Blight testers that I am aware of were talked to about it (my guild represented the largest single block of testers, and none of them were approached; Kumu wasn't approached; none of the others in the Blight ARoP test guild Chosen of Drulkar were asked about it).

Some of the others in the playerbase may have been approached surreptitiously about it, but I don't see how anyone's opinion on the matter could be considered accurate without having SOME experience playing using the old Ancient model or fighting alongside them (which could only have happened on Blight).

So that leaves who? Who are all these people you talked to, David? WHO?

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thread Information