Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Original Ancient Size and Model

Default Re: Original Ancient Size and Model

Im happy to see this was stickied :)
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

just to let every one know my ancient size mod contains the boundary box fix. which lets you click on things right next to you

see link in sig to get it

Chayls

Hello I just recently downloaded this addon/'hack' here after being away from Horizons for 3 months. I am not sure it worked or not given the changes that seems to have happened since but I was just wondering about that setscale macro or function, did that ever get put in or is there another way for me to allow to be put it?

Chayls on Chaos

Right click- save Here

Place this commands_player.def file in Horizons\Resources_override

This will add the /setscale command. Workable values are 0.1 to 10, will affect whatever is currently selected.

I sure wish TG would apply this patch for everyone and actually bring back the REAL ancient Size.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

So is there a working version of this out there? what became of it? From reading the thread the end seems unclear.
    ================================
    The Flying Gekko formerly known as "Nemesis_Expanse" and then "Lizardbreath". Flying strong once more in the skies of Order..

Is there a picture of the differences between the models? If the older one is just a bigger version of the current one, then I must admit I think the people who are complaining about it about being small are a little silly
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

The original ones are bigger and the heads actually match to the necks and don't leave that big slit in the throat. The current ones were just scaled down and in the process, some things did not quite line up correctly any longer. They are impressive though I do have to admit that they would be a bit too big in some places.

Please don't call us silly when you weren't here for what many of us felt, was a royal screw-over.

The size issue wasn't just about being nerfed literally, the night it went live (when up until that point every ancient in game was that size, and all the ones in blight) but also because despite pages and pages and pages and months of BEGGING for a real reason for it - we were given none (and in fact lied to on what little reason we were given).

Its one of the main reasons I never acheived ancienthood out of protest - in addition to the insult in the other rewards. But the biggest reason was the sudden size nerf and lack of response from Tulga.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

uuum, ok, sorry. I didn't know being big was worth begging for. I haven't paid close attention to an ancient, so I haven't noticed a 'neck flap'. I'll look next time I see one
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

http://www.ancientorder.org/gallery/...1128049708.jpg
    http://www.ancientorder.org/gallery/...1128049744.jpg

Two images of an original ancient model compared to a standard adult.
    Note that the perspective in the second image makes the size difference look bigger then it actually is.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Well at least you have the ancient status to be able to comment on this! I was half way through the ((expletive deleted)) quest when Unity died.

Don't even get me started on how that made me feel. It wasn't good!

On a lighter note, Cobal your siggy is working here on IE6 with the PNG.

*goes back to reading Wolfhelm*

Rakku

aww soo cute siggy Cobal did you do that or get it made!!

(stupid timer and limit, I type fast, get over it!!))
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

So...no-one's answered whether or not the mod works, or remains nerfed for some reason. I -think- it works, and I have loaded it...I just haven't seen that much difference between my adults and ancients still. That could just be my computer, though. It's been known to do odd things before; this could be another of them.

Forgot I wanted to post this...I have a picture, from waaaay back when, of the original 4 sizes a dragon could be: Khutit, Hatchling, Adult, Ancient. Before any size nerfs, that I know of. This pic is pretty old, tough, so I could be wrong. Dragon in the picture is Maltavorne; not sure if he's still around or not.

Compare yourself ancient vs. the khutit or a biped in that picture. There really is not such a huge difference that would be so noticable that you could see it without something to reference yourself against for size. Standing alone or flying, there was no discernable difference. That I could see, except for being zoomed all the way out and having your dragon still filling the screen.

I don't think the mod was nerfed, Tulga did not operate that way to prevent you from modifying game files unless there was something that could be game disruptive to other players, like the jump height one where you could change a setting and jump a mile high. Since the old models would only affect you locally, I don't think they cared. In fact, I seem to recall a post by one of them pointing a player in the direction of the download of the old models. Though I could be mistaken.

The patch definately still works.

Give it a try, it's easily removed. Even if you are not Ancient yet yourself, it will let you see others as they were originally envisioned.

Links are broken ; could someone repost them ?

Exclamation Re: Original Ancient Size and Model

I also need these files for the second time (old harddrive died finally, with all my screenshots. ). I can also keep them hosted indefinitely, if someone could send them via messenger.
    __________________________________________________ __________

WTB ancient patch files back.

Because size matters.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information