Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Original Ancient Size and Model

Default Re: Original Ancient Size and Model

I loaded em up on my webspace: http://home.arcor.de/takora/Horizons...al_ancient.zip

You owe me ALL YOUR HOARD

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Arrow Re: Original Ancient Size and Model

I don't think it would be that hard to put the original ancient model back into the game, would it it? I'm not sure what they did with the current model to make it look so different.. they scaled down the original body model and didn't scale the head down either? Which would account for the gap in the neck, gigantor head, as well as the longest part of the neck looking twice as long in my opinion..

If they took the original model and scaled the entire thing down, it would look better. People would be happy with the way they looked, etc.

I mean, if size was the issue. I don't care if we don't get the original size back, ancients are annoying to click around as it is. xP But the original model would be awesome.. With so many complaints on the size and model, you'd think they'd rework it somehow to meet "middle grounds".

As things are now, ancients look like they have big dopey heads with extra-long necks. Just my opinion though, I am used to how they used to look. :|

P.S. Thanks Takora
    __________________________________________________ __________

The files are also still available on my page as well. It's good to have multiple places to download them from.

BTW when I get home from work today, I'm going to check and see if the zip also includes Blues bounding box fix. I know it's in my resources_override, but I want to make sure its built into the patch. Makes walking up to brist teleporters easy.

I've updated the zip and self extracting exe. Changes:

1) Files are now sorted into a folder that installs into resources_override, instead of placing the files in the override folder directly. This makes removing the models easier since only a single folder needs removed and not all the various files.
    2)The selfextracting.exe is now Vista aware.
    3)Setscale is also included in case you should need to shrink yourself or others.

If you've already installed the original models, there's no need to reload these.

The bounding box fix is not part of these files, this was fixed by Tulga. I'd forgotten that.

Can we get a working link of the original ancients and the new ancients? I've been thinking about switching back to normal, I'm tired of me being the only one seeing it and I'll just wait until they change it for everyone
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

Theres an easy fix... you just delete your dragon model files and do a full game scan.. it'll download all the files that are the most current.. even the Dragon models. Course I don't know if you had to mod any other file.. like add those files to the resources override directory or not... if ya did.. you would have to remove those files there as well.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide View Post
    Theres an easy fix... you just delete your dragon model files and do a full game scan.. it'll download all the files that are the most current.. even the Dragon models. Course I don't know if you had to mod any other file.. like add those files to the resources override directory or not... if ya did.. you would have to remove those files there as well.
    I have heavily modded my game, lol
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

heh.. as do many... one thing you could do is make a copy of the Horizons folder.. as some do to play between blight and the regular servers... then patch one copy of the game... copy the original dragon files over to the unpatched version.. and then delete the patched version.. and rename the unpatched version back to Horizons..

Hope that made sense..
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

To delete the original models, if you've used the updated installer, you goto your resources_override and delete the "original_ancient" folder. Setscale is in a seperate folder called "commands".

Valornyx's icons are installed under a folder called "Interface".

This was everything it seperated in the folders.

As far as working links, the links in my original post are working. for me anyway, could someone else test them to verify?

Back then, in the days without any ascensions, I think its save to say that really most of us helpless little hatchies dreamed of how it might be to fly, and how it might be to finally turn ancient. I simulated that wishful thinking in an offline version of HZ and spent hours just flying around and moving my wonderful, huge ancient body. I so very much wanted my Ivy to be like that someday.

Then, after years of waiting, the day came - and I did never get to enjoy her in the original ancient size, because JUST the day I was bound to see her that way Ancients were gimped to the size of larger adults.

I really felt hurt back then, and to be honest I still do. However, putting up illusions that only make me see what I want and nobody else never helped me with that

Well, Ivy, so many people have the original models installed now, that I'm willing to bet that at least half of all dragon players see you in your full splendour - and quite a few lessers as well...

Unfortunately, while Guaran's original links are not broken per say, attempting to use them just returns "The DNS2Go customer you are trying to reach is currently offline." Takora's link is a 404.

Might I know what hours I can get Guaran's download at, if it only works when Guaran is online?

I can host it for short period of time, don't know fast the download will be though, as I will just use google...

Until a faster site is available or until May 17, 2008:
    http://ofabaddon.googlepages.com/original_ancient.zip

Note: Its the older file, without setscale.
    Last edited by Nidhoggr; May 10th, 2008 at 08:03 PM.

Hatchling Dragon of Chaos, following the path of Lunus___ ___DRAG 38 / DCRA 55
    Ofnir, Sslik of Chaos. WAR 14 CLRC 10 MAGE 10 SPRT 14 / OUT 10 ARM 10

Hmm ooooooppsss... *bites her FTP server*

http://home.arcor.de/takora/Horizons...al_ancient.zip

Good FTP!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

hehe Oops.

Hatchling Dragon of Chaos, following the path of Lunus___ ___DRAG 38 / DCRA 55
    Ofnir, Sslik of Chaos. WAR 14 CLRC 10 MAGE 10 SPRT 14 / OUT 10 ARM 10

Yeah the server acts up sometimes. send me a message in game and I can usually resolve it within minutes.

Anyone else hosting it, grab the updated version. Sorts the files into sub folders, allowing easy removal, and adds setscale.

So meh, just tried to grab the updated version from your first post and get "site is offline".

Yeah I noticed when i woke up. Ever since I rebuilt the server it's been doing this. Try again. When my posts show no signature, the site is offline. Might be my cablemodem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodey View Post
    If they took the original model and scaled the entire thing down, it would look better. People would be happy with the way they looked, etc.

I mean, if size was the issue. I don't care if we don't get the original size back, ancients are annoying to click around as it is. xP But the original model would be awesome.. With so many complaints on the size and model, you'd think they'd rework it somehow to meet "middle grounds".
    I agree, if they were to take the original model and scale it down to the size of the current one, it could be the best of both worlds. The old size was a bit too big to fit in my lair... I scrape my alar phalanges on the doorways even with the current size.

I just went and checked my goodie collection, it seems that to has a broken link, I went and uploaded it to my personal sever and can offer a direct link to the file until I get the goodie collection link working again.

this is an .exe patcher that installed the mod for you and it includes the bounding box fix

LInk

Thread Information