Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Original Ancient Size and Model

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Original Ancient Size and Model

Alrighty, good to know. You don't have any conflicting mods it seems, so it's very strange that this doesn't work. I just downloaded my own file and put it in my own resources_override and it worked...
    If you want to try putting it in specific directories, go ahead. It may have something to do with it, but I've never seen it make a different before.

I just tried this mod and it is causing parts of the models on Ancient dragons to disappear. Is this a common problem? To make sure I've done it right, you just extract the files and place them into the resources_override folder, correct? I don't need to make subfolders in the resources_override to match the game's actual folders?

That's correct.

You might have issues, if you also have other appearance mods installed. Try removing those. Where do you see issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    That's correct.

You might have issues, if you also have other appearance mods installed. Try removing those. Where do you see issues?
    I do use one. A texture mod where I've changed the spine on the dragon type I use. Other than that, I only use the Map Pack and the mod that changes the way the dragon sits.

I'll try it again and let you know for sure what is missing. Off the top of my head, I remember the neck was missing and another part of the body.

Figured it out. I had another mod in there that I forgot. I had changed the regular dragon models into the muscled ones. Once I got rid of it, the models came back. However, I'm not seeing a difference with or without the mod.

It's a decent difference. But maybe just doesn't seem noticable.

Easy way to see the difference, is to go to Valkoths cave in Dralk, stand next to her looking at her from the side so you see her full length. Take a screenshot. Don't move at all. Log out, take out the Ancient mod, log back in, take another picture from the exact same spot. Compare the pictures. There is a difference.

Valkoth with no original ancient size mod:
    Valkoth no Ancient mod.jpg

Since the forum only lets you upload 1 file per post, see next post for the picture of Valkoth from the exact same spot, but with the original ancient mod.

Valkoth with the original ancient mod. This is how we all saw Ancients for the first few years of the game:
    Valkoth with Original Ancient mod.jpg

Valkoth with the original ancient mod. This is how we all saw Ancients for the first few years of the game:
    Valkoth with Original Ancient mod.jpg
    Thx for the help Guaran. I did get it to work finally. I was able to test it with a guildie. He said another good way to test it was to stand under his dragon's belly as a hatchie and if the top of my head was touching it, it wasn't working. If it was cleared, (and it was by a far margin!) then it was working.

I'm not sure why the other mod would cause such a problem since it was just copying over the "muscled" version of the dragon over top the normal version. /shrug

Anyways, thanks again for the help!

Updated the Original Ancient mod to remove the added Commands_player.def, which added setscale. It's no longer needed, since setscale is part of the official def file now. And having an older commands_player.def in overrides will not allow some new things to work.

If you installed the older version of the mod, just go into resources_override and delete the "Commands" folder, which should only contain one file, commands_player.def. If you happen to have a reallly old version of the mod, the commands_player.def might be inside the original_ancient folder. If there is one in there, just delete it. Lastly, if there is a dragon_u_anim_magic.def file in the original_ancient folder, delete that too.

Updated the files with 1 updated, 4 new Ancient heads provided by Virtrium.
    Not sure why the original post links have changed to "URL Pending", probably since I changed ISP's and my ip changed.
    Posting the URL's again here:
    http://www.goodboy.mygamesite.net/ho...al_Ancient.zip
    and a self extracing zip, defaults to C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\ you can always click Browse to place it elsewhere if your game is installed in other than the current default directory:
    http://www.goodboy.mygamesite.net/ho...al_Ancient.exe

Enjoy

Updated the files with 1 updated, 4 new Ancient heads provided by Virtrium.
    Not sure why the original post links have changed to "URL Pending", probably since I changed ISP's and my ip changed.
    Posting the URL's again here:
    http://www.goodboy.mygamesite.net/ho...al_Ancient.zip
    and a self extracing zip, defaults to C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\ you can always click Browse to place it elsewhere if your game is installed in other than the current default directory:
    http://www.goodboy.mygamesite.net/ho...al_Ancient.exe

Enjoy
    I have added the links to the original post, it should look normal now for anyone who prefers to use the original post.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

The zip and self-extracting file were just updated, 2 of the new heads needed minor fixes.

Thread Information