Thread: Labels on Silos !

Default Labels on Silos !

If we can custom name clothes can we please custom name our silos so that when we click we can see what we put inside?

Default Re: Labels on Silos !

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    If we can custom name clothes can we please custom name our silos so that when we click we can see what we put inside?
    i second this. this would help out HUGELY.

I smell a player mod in the works hear not by me but Perhaps a bubble above each ped silo telling whats in it
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Can you do player mods like that? it would be amazingly handy if you could add something like this, even if it was an external xml file that you had to update manually.
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Add Lair storage chambers in with this sugestion - would realy help out and keep me from having to redraw to relabel all my in lair storage to remember what is where!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Add me to the list of WANT! Actualy being able to lable all lair pieces would be a great help when buildng and redesigning a lair!

agreed 100% on biped silos and dragon silos in lairs!

i'd be happy with a dragon lair map where the owner could label the chambers what he/she/it wishes, maybe a similar map for biped plots. easier to spot a silo and not have to double click to see what's inside, but also easier to know where i need to go before i get stuck in the gnome trap. ;-)

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

please do not think i am trying to rain on the parade, personally i would love to be able to label my stuff too!
    however, this is an old topic......here are some of the specific threads for it, but there are many more where it is also discussed in context of the overall thread......

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ighlight=label

its always a good idea to at least try a search before posting a new thread, forgive me if i am being too pushy......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

true, but i thought the player mod discussion might be a new angle since i've not seen it implemented yet

Theres a way to do this already sorta, by editing a file. Its time consuming cause you have to find the locale and structure ID# for each first but it can be done. I had 40 silos all labeled with what was stored in them. Works very well, only you can see the labels though.

Biggest problem is file will occasionally get overwrote, my was recently (might of been when was required to do a worldcache empty, not sure) and then you'd have to do it all over again.

I think the particulars on what need to do is in the player mod section somewhere.

Would be so much nicer if Devs could somehow make it structures had the "customize" selection on right click like armor and weapons and most everything else does.

Smaug

Thread Information