Thread: Housing Add-Ons Ideas

Red face Housing Add-Ons Ideas

I just got back into the game after being gone for a little over two years, so I'm sorry if any of the following ideas have already been posted and knocked down for whatever reasons, but I personally am really into the idea of having a nicely decorated home. With that in mind, I had the following ideas that I'd love to see in this game:

Containers for humanoid housing which look like old school treasure chests. They would be useful to guilds or even everyday use because they would hold a very limited amount compared to vaults but can allow you to transfer items between other characters on the same account and/or other players (perhaps in your guild or randomly snooping through your house!) Chairs and beds which humanoid characters can actually sit on when they get close enough to the furniture would be awesome to see in houses.

As for new items for dragons, perhaps we can have a nest add-on which basically acts as a bed, made out of twigs and bones, making your dragon curl up and 'rest' when you step onto them and also an add-on which appears as a pile of treasure/s for dragon lairs which acts as a container (with the same concept as the humanoid chest). Perhaps us dragons can also have some lair deco in the form of blood splatters on the walls and floors.

Also, for humans.... various paintings as wall deco?

If you have more ideas.... please do keep 'em coming

Default Re: Housing Add-Ons Ideas

I dont want this to be taken in any type of snipy/angry/short-tempered tone. Since about 80% of tone is misread in text (and no that stat is not made up, they've just completed a study on reading tone in people's texts specifically on the internet! HA!) I wanted to say that.

If you go back through the suggestion forums - you'll get the following answers sifting through everything.

We cannot have furniture. Period. Nope. No nests. No Chests. No Beds. No chairs. No seperated furniture from the rooms. The way the engine works basically prevents this from being practical. Its physical possible, but would make gameplay almost impossible due to the lag it would create because the engine renders EVERYTHING wether you can see it or not. So when you went to that player town with 34 chests across the horizon, it would all have to render to the engine before you could play.

At least this i how Iunderstand the explanation. That has been explained. Dozens and Dozens of times.

Its the same for nests/beds and dragon treasure piles. All of which have been desired over the years. Can't do it for same reason. Now there is a possibility of having a "room" that is specifically built and you can call it the "treasure" room (i.e. say one that looked like the bank vault with the gold pile) - but you can't build a room and then add a treasure pile that you can interact with or that would get bigger or smaller.

Perhaps it would be possible to have the lair room with a "machine" that LOOKEd like a treasure pile... But since we also have a very very small art department - the rate of getting new rooms added on would be..very slow. So consider that..slim to none. Not because they don't want to but because the time to devote to it would be hard to come by. Just ask about racial housing for the races that dont have it in game..lol.

As for paintings - not sure on this one. Dragons are able to have "tiles" built as wall pieces, but that's because dragons build our walls one hall at a time - so I think the mechanics are different. A house gets put up "all at once" (so to speak you don't build the four walls seperately and then put a roof on it and have a house). Wether or not houses could be put on the same "mechanic" that dragon lairs have to be able to put up a painting - I have no idea. Nor do I know how much work that would take which would put it in the "don't hold your breath" pile . Lairs were created years after housing was put in place for bipeds so they don't work the same. Would be great though if they could!

I do know they are putting in (have put in? I don't have a biped so I don't keep track) the banners for the biped plot where different banners have different designs. This may be in lieu of trying to do paintings on the walls - which are too hard.

But furniture - no. Not gonna see it.

(dang after this and the 24134 dragon-riding thread I feel like the fourms could sure use a sticky with "common suggestions and the devs already answered these" topic! LOL)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

lol- your forgot the 5000nd "how long is maint* thread, Frith
    so I agree to your suggestion.

Do not get that wrong pls, Manson.

We appreciate any kind of input! Esp. from new players.
    Enjoy the game though there are the limitations Frith listed.
    Happy gaming, and welcome back
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Manson, thanks for posting your suggestions. We, both developers and players, would surely love to have furniture and decorations for housing. Unfortunately the technology required in the client isn't there. And probably won't be given the amount of work (and re-work) that would be required to implement it.

But, we do very much appreciate your suggestions. Glad you are enjoying Istaria!
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

See, that right there - we need a sticky with

"Can we please have Furniture/Decorations/Paintings/Etc. added to houses" and then quoted that dev answer underneath. Stickied.

Same with "I'd like to suggest dragon riding/mounts" - copy dev answer and "Can anyone else fly?" copy dev answer.

And then added to it as these things come up with Val or someone editing the top page to keep it all up on the first post as needed .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

I dont want to clutter up the sticky with stuff that doesn't need to be there - so IU'll post it here

AWESOME on the sticky faq - THANK YOU! Now we can just link it if someone doesn't bother to read it .

HUZZAH!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information