Thread: Incorrect message when attuning to Helian's Tomb

Default Incorrect message when attuning to Helian's Tomb

Ok, so upon Accepting (not completing) the quest called "Helian's Tomb: Eternal Rest", it displays a message, in main chat that you are now attuned to Helian's Tomb. But this is NOT true. Upon accepting the quest (you get a confirmation in main chat you are now attuned, but that is WRONG), if you go to Bristugo and go to the Dalimond Peninsula teleporter, it shows you are NOT attuned, even though the message in main chat suggested you were, previously.

Upon completing the quest called "Helian's Tomb: Eternal Rest", it also displays this same message again: You are now attuned to Helian's Tomb. But only this time it is actually TRUE. Now if you return to Bristugo, you can now use the portal.

If you go to Bristugo, Dalimond Peninsula teleporter both times. Only when you complete the "Eternal Rest" quest, are you really attuned. But it displays the same message, in MAIN CHAT, upon both Accepting and Completing this quest!. So need to remove the message in main chat, that says you're attuned, upon accepting the "Helian's Tomb: Eternal Rest" quest.

The message saying you are now attuned to Helian's Tomb should only display upon completing the "Helian's Tomb: Eternal Rest" quest; not upon accepting the quest.

Long story short:

Remove where it says (in main chat) you are now attuned to Helian's Tomb pad when you accept the Eternal Rest quest.

It also says that when you complete the Eternal Rest quest, leave that alone, that is ok.

You are attuned to Helian's Tomb when you complete the quest (Helian's Tomb: Eternal Rest), not when you accept it...

So there are two times (accepting) and (completing) this quest... Both times you get a message in main chat "you are attuned", but only when you complete the quest, is it actually true (that you are really attuned).
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 18th, 2013 at 09:59 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Incorrect message when attuning to Helian's Tomb

There are two pads you must be attuned to, this is likely what is confusing you. There is a pad outside the tomb itself and a pad within the tomb.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Hmm, ok. That seems odd to me. If that's the case, attuning to first pad (inside the dungeon), you cant use a teleporter to reach the pad (accepting the Helian's Tomb quest)... But 2nd time (Completing Helian's Tomb Quest) you can use a teleporter to reach the pad (outside the dungeon). I don't get the logic... But ok, I can accept it. I think I can grasp the concept... So you must attune twice , to both the pad inside dungeon and outside the dungeon. Only the 2nd one, where you attune OUTSIDE the dungeon, can you actually start using teleporters to get there, Flamboyant and confusing methodology, but I get it now.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 18th, 2013 at 11:05 AM.

so.... where is then a teleporter to port INTO the tomb? Bristugo only points to the outer pad
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    so.... where is then a teleporter to port INTO the tomb? Bristugo only points to the outer pad
    You cna only access the tomb itself from the tomb's "entrance" (small cave past the big dragon statue).

So I have to be attuned to both pads to be able to port outside? *scritches his head*
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

I didn't totally quite grasp the concept when I made the comment, was right before I went to bed and very late... Sorry my comment sounded obnoxious, Devs...

So when you run to the Tomb Entrance (the instance with the stand alone portal, that goes inside). It would say Unavailable until quest unlocks it. That would allow you enter the dungeon (like entering Doom)

2nd attunement simply allows to travel to the pad outside the tomb, but still gotta run up the hill a little and enter the other portal, which then takes you to the pad inside the actual dungeon.

I just think it would make more sense (less confusing) to attune both in one action. What the most confusing part to me, was you get attuned to both before and after the same quest; and get back to back attunement messages.

Attunement #1 occurs when you accept quest named "Helian's Tomb: Eternal Rest"
    Attunement #2 occurs when you complete quest named "Helian's Tomb: Eternal Rest"

So late at night, in my eyes, it seemed like I was attuned twice during the same quest.
    I wouldn't see any harm doing both attunements when you accept the quest, in case you fail, then can port from Bristugo to the Tomb later (with a group).

We want you to actually find the dungeon the first time, not port to it. Thats why it does one at the start and one at the end.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Fair enough. I see the logic now, upon reviewing the steps of the quest...

However, it's still confusing getting dual attunement messages (main chat) on same quest.

How about this instead? Quest Helian's Tomb: The Entrance (the quest prior to this one). How about making the first attunement, a reward for this quest? This quest is when you actually have to discover the entrance to the Tomb.

This would be step 2 "Locate the Tomb of Helian and determine the state of the entrance" for the "Helian's Tomb: The Entrance" quest. So at this point, the entrance was discovered and should/could be rewarded at the end.

So suggesting at the completion of Helian's Tomb: The Entrance give attunement to entering the Tomb (since you discovered the location) - Instead of attuning upon accepting next quest, below.

Then upon completion of next quest: Helian's Tomb: Eternal Rest, it will attune to the pad outside (it's already setup like this, no change)

This way, at least there wouldn't be a dual attunement message, which was very confusing to me. This way, attunement messages (main chat), would be spaced out by at least one quest.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 22nd, 2013 at 08:25 AM.

You are not attuned to both pads within the same quest. You are attuned to the pad within the tomb in the quest "Helian's Tomb: Eternal Rest", but you are attuned to the pad close to it in a separate quest "Dalimond Peninsula: Attunement to Helian's Tomb". So I think they are sufficiently separate.

Hmm, I was going to say you're mistaking, so I decided to look in my logs and see if I could find logs for proof. But looks like I'm wrong (hard to believe, huh)? I put the entire series on wiki other day, but missed the "Dalimond Peninsula: Attunement to Helian's Tomb". That occurred after "Helian's Tomb: The Entrance".

Seems that attunment quest, along with "Helian's Tomb: Power Leeches" appeared at same time in his dialogue and I missed it. I must've just clicked it, while editing and only "saw" the Power Leeches quest. So in my eyes, I was seeing it as being attuned before the quest (which technically is true, but separate, stand alone one click quest).

But any hoo, thanks for the reply and clarifying that, I updated the wiki with that info, cheers.

Thread Information