Thread: Dragon Bonding Ceremony

Default Dragon Bonding Ceremony

Did this up today, if anyone's interested. It uses my version of the Draconic and has the translations right underneath.

Officiator:
    Drulkar?fa akdae. Rano falt fitsae marto ma k tasaemar marsto ti grot Praefer?g.
    Drulkar?s evening. We are gathered together here for the bonding ceremony of two Dragons.

K daenar daena tak k daelar?fa kama.
    The sun shines on the sleeper?s back.

Couple responds:
    Da st?gr daefa daenar tak bemi?fa masto?g daefar.
    May it always shine on your wings in flight.

Officiator:
    Cap tak bemifa?g gi marf, nakafalto.
    And on yours as well, forever.

May all of Istaria look upon this ceremony that is about to take place, and should any feel that it should not take place, I ask that you should leave now, that Drulkar?s blessing might be fully upon this gathering without hate scarring those in attendance. This is a time to celebrate love, not hate.

Couple:
    st.
    It is.

Officiator:
    /em places a long mithril chain over both dragons heads so they can stand freely apart, but the chain touches down to the ground.

Upon your shoulders I place this chain, symbolizing the link that will be shared by both of you from this day forward. Upon neither?s shoulders should it bear more weight, just as in your new life together, you will share equally whatever load you are asked to bear.

Couple:
    st

Officiator:
    It?s forged links are many and small. This shows the importance of those small things from which has sprung your love for each other. May the memory of those things abide with you throughout your lives, and may the chain continue to grow in length with those small tasks of love.

Couple:
    st

Officiator:
    The chain itself shines brightly and new, just as the love that you share for each other. As each new day passes, may that love remain bright and new in your eyes. May it never tarnish and may it?s shine and brightness be a testimony of your continued love and caring.

Couple:
    st

Officiator:
    /em passes the chain through his claws until it has made a complete circle around the couple?s neck.
    The chain is without beginning or end. It continues forever. May your bonding be likewise.

Couple:
    st

Officiator:
    Name1?

Name1:
    Ri falt.
    I am here.

Officiator:
    /em turns to Name1
    Name1. By the power of tooth, claw, and primal, and in Drulkar?s name, do you swear before me and those gathered here that you will stand by Name2?s (did I spell that right?) side, protecting her from all dangers, taking her life to be as valuable as your own, sharing your knowledge and training with her, and in all ways being there to support her and provide for her needs and wants?

Name1:
    Tagrh.
    Yes.

Officiator:
    Again by the power of tooth, claw, and primal, and in Drulkar?s name, do you swear that you will be there for her: that you will stay by her side no matter the effects of age, disease, fight, or hunt?

Name1:
    Tagrh.

Officiator:
    /em turns to Name2
    Name2. By the power of tooth, claw, and primal, and in Drulkar?s name, do you swear before me and those gathered here that you will stand by Name1?s side, protecting him from all dangers, taking his life to be as valuable as your own, sharing your knowledge and training with him, and in all ways being there to support him and provide for his needs and wants?

Name2:
    Tagrh.

Officiator:
    Again by the power of tooth, claw, and primal, and in Drulkar?s name, do you swear that you will be there for him: that you will stay by his side no matter the effects of age, disease, fight, or hunt?

Name2:
    Tagrh.

Officiator:
    /em faces the assembly again.
    Then by the power of tooth, claw, and primal, and in Drulkar?s name, I bind these two dragons together for eternity.
    /em takes the chain from them and breaks it into two equal parts and closes the links again on them.
    Equally burdened by this binding.
    /em places the two new chains one on each?s neck.
    Equals now and forever, because from this day forward, they are as one. Fly now together from now until eternity.

Default Re: Dragon Bonding Ceremony

Just a side note....

This very formal and Tokoz would never do this ceremony word for word.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Oh, absolutely not. Which is why the papers all went flying and a few were burned here and there and you lost the whole idea of the chain, and when did carrots get added to the list?

Of course, it was so nice to have the groom there, waiting for his bride and when she gets there, his computer crashes!

BUT, we didn't have any Draxxis sautee in the end.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Draxxis

A good way to sum it up!

Draxxis, I should warn you, Tagath was ready to bite down on your wing so you were sure not to be going anywhere. His non-aerodynamic shape, wings extended, and off-center weight would've kept you on the ground as long as your wing membrane didn't tear out in the process.

Between that and Maltavorn's idea to drag you back to the altar by the tail, kicking and screaming if necessary, you were getting bonded last night whether you wanted to or not.

Draxxis

LoL! It's reassuring that the communities faith in Draxxis is paper thin. I guess I am RPing him well enough! [6]

I think it was more along the lines of making sure you did not dishonor Anasfalis by standing her up and then proving yourself to be more a chicken than El Caliente. After all, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. And besides, this one has breath weapons!

Thread Information