Thread: Eff. Hoard Levels above 100

Default Eff. Hoard Levels above 100

Would it be possible to lift the level 100 cap on effective hoard and allow further armor and breath damage gains to be had by continuing beyond ~25 million?

Would this help any in giving dragons a further ability to match the potential of multischooling bipeds to advance thier character?

Drev

Default Re: Eff. Hoard Levels above 100

hey, there's a neat thought. give us something to imrpove ourselves with while ideas for a few new dragon classes are drawn up.

There still should be some sort of limit, otherwise you'd get people spending all their time gathering hoard and hitting ridiculously high bonuses. And really all that would serve to do is increase the popularity of the hoard-dropping mobs.

Personnally i would like to see us be able to spend hoard to acquire new abilties. Wasnt there some lore long ago that stated a dragons hoard was an example of his power or wealth? I could see like having several sets of skill trees with different abitlies. The skill trees could cover certain improvements to dragons with both active and passive abilities in several areas (lord knows there are a ton of dragons who want to be able to cast prime bolt a lot faster without having to always ask a biped for alacrity). Of course to keep it balanced each ability you acquire raises the cost of the next one (kind of like when the bipeds are lvling a ton of adv classes, the xp becomes so small at some point its almost non-existant) so at some point even farming high hoard dropping monsters, it would still take a long time to get ALL the abilities.

There also needs to be a way to "forget" an ability (like biped schools) since we have no idea what a particular ability is like. Would be dumb to get an ability that we find totally useless (of course extensive testing would need to be done).

To put it in game you could have an npc who knows certain abilities and is willing to teach you should you help him build his hoard by contributing someof yours to it (you would of course have to invent some story to make it sound better).

This should be available only to ancients. Except for the ancient dragon breath and spiked scales, in terms of combat power they are too close. The skill set for ancients would make them far stronger which they should be.

But at least dragons would start to differ from one another because of the available options open to them. Of course a lot of planning would have to be done to even begin something like this, and they are probably more focused on other stuff atm. Might be more interesting to have a little diversity among our kind. But like i said it would be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way off if ever.
    Last edited by Ebonfyre; June 5th, 2008 at 05:03 AM.

This is a good idea. The level 120 hoard level is 61,900,000.

One thing to note: We currently get NO benefit to breathskill from hoard, even though I know I have read that someplace. Was supposed to be 4 skill per hoardlevel. Thats +400 for a lvl 100 dragon with > 25,333,000 hoard. I have one dragon who has more than 25 million, and another dragon with only a few million, and the breath skills are identical.

In fact a lvl 100 ancient only gets +90 buff to breath skill from stats, which is mostly coming from power.

I would love if we would benefit from it if we have over 61 mil hoard, and that the breath bonus gets fixed

BTW I wonder how you calculated the number Guaran Besides someone else already told me that number, but I still wonder how to get that number

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Mmmmm wrong bonus there Guaran. You're thinking of "Armor". Dragons get a +4 in Armor for every hoard level completed. So that is an extra 400 in armor. But I have heard dragons getting +1 in breath ability.......... but when I checked I didin't see it go up in the skill stat sooo I have no idea what that is about.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

And ill tell you one thing right now, any dragon that complains about hoard who ISNT a hatchling gets no sympathy for me. Hatchlings have it tough since they have to start from zero and a lot of their most useful abilities costs hoard. But any adult or ancient should haveNO problem whatsoever raising hoard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonfyre View Post
    Personnally i would like to see us be able to spend hoard to acquire new abilties. Wasnt there some lore long ago that stated a dragons hoard was an example of his power or wealth? I could see like having several sets of skill trees with different abitlies. The skill trees could cover certain improvements to dragons with both active and passive abilities in several areas (lord knows there are a ton of dragons who want to be able to cast prime bolt a lot faster without having to always ask a biped for alacrity). Of course to keep it balanced each ability you acquire raises the cost of the next one (kind of like when the bipeds are lvling a ton of adv classes, the xp becomes so small at some point its almost non-existant) so at some point even farming high hoard dropping monsters, it would still take a long time to get ALL the abilities.

There also needs to be a way to "forget" an ability (like biped schools) since we have no idea what a particular ability is like. Would be dumb to get an ability that we find totally useless (of course extensive testing would need to be done).

To put it in game you could have an npc who knows certain abilities and is willing to teach you should you help him build his hoard by contributing someof yours to it (you would of course have to invent some story to make it sound better).

This should be available only to ancients. Except for the ancient dragon breath and spiked scales, in terms of combat power they are too close. The skill set for ancients would make them far stronger which they should be.

But at least dragons would start to differ from one another because of the available options open to them. Of course a lot of planning would have to be done to even begin something like this, and they are probably more focused on other stuff atm. Might be more interesting to have a little diversity among our kind. But like i said it would be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way off if ever.
    i really like your idea

you should make an own topic about this!

Well this is the suggestion forum. Feel free to start a new topic using what I suggested if you like, after all it couldnt hurt. But remember it would be a loooooooooong time before it ever came to fruition, if ever.

Thread Information