The way the dispel system works has been altered to be more friendly and predictable. Previously there was a complex system involving an assigned quality of the dispel and a weight on the buff/debuff. This system has been replaced by a table comparing a quality (which matches the lowest tier the dispel is received at) and a calculated tier on the buff/debuff. These tiers are compared to determine the relative difference (target - source) and a chance of success is determined using the table below:
- Clarity I (Tier 2)
- Detoxify Self (Tier 2)
- Detoxify Other (Tier 3)
- Group Detoxify (Tier 4)
- Purify spell (Tier matches the spell tier)
- Cleanse (tech effect) (Tier matches tier of technique)
- Waking Palm (Tier 5)
- Breath of Lightning (Tier 5)
- Demon’s Bane (Tier 6)
- Dispel spell (Tier matches the spell tier)
- Expulse (Tier 2 to 5)
- Inner Flame (Breath of Fire quest) (Tier 4)
- Inner Lightning (Breath of Lightning quest) (Tier 5)
- Morning Dew (Tier 2 to 5)
- Plague (from Algontoth Wyvern) (Tier 6)
- Adventure: Dismissal (tech effect) (Tier 2)
The system for handling ability, spell, item delay has been overhauled with the goal of giving us greater control over how much delay players can accumulate and how much impact it can have. Two new attributes have been added called Martial Alacrity and Magical Alacrity. DelayMods have been replaced with modifiers to these statistics. As you can tell by the names, these attributes impact magical spell attacks vs non-magical melee or ranged attacks.
Gathering speed has also been given its own attribute and the default speed has been reduced from 2.0 seconds to 1.5 seconds. This is a temporary solution and for now there are no items or buffs that will allow you to alter this speed. After the combat overhaul we will be looking to address gathering as a larger project.
Mitigation from armor now scales as you gain levels so that you will have some amount of mitigation even at low levels when properly equipped. Reaching the maximum at any level may prove to be quite challenging.
- Maximum mitigation combined for armor and resistance is now capped at 90%. The 25% cap on resistance still applies.
- Mitigation will now increase if you are attacked by monsters 10 or more levels beneath you. The greater the level difference, the greater the impact to mitigation. This increase cannot exceed the mitigation limit.
- Monsters will once again respect their original resistances to specific damage types (in addition to the new resistances).
As Resistances, Ward bonuses have been changed to the new system.
New defense techniques:
- Defense: Physical Ward techniques replace the now obsolete Defense: Crush Ward, Defense: Pierce Ward and Defense: Slash Ward techniques.
- Defense: Arcane Ward techniques replace the now obsolete Defense: Blight Ward, Defense: Energy Ward, Defense: Flame Ward, Defense: Ice Ward, and Defense: Nature Ward techniques.
- Defense: Mystical Ward Ward techniques replace the now obsolete Defense: Life Ward, Defense Mind Ward and Defense: Spirit Ward techniques
- Defense: Ethereal Ward techniques have already been added, part of Delta 316.
- Amenak and Ssanithor now have the new Tier I Ward techniques for sale.
- Barton Taylor now has the new Tier II Ward techniques for sale.
- Balto Telblanter now has the new Tier III Ward techniques for sale.
- Alba Tulius and Philemon now have the new Tier IV Ward techniques.
- New Tier V Ward techniques have been added to treasure tables.
- Techniques removals and refunds:
- Defense: Crush Ward, Defense: Pierce Ward and Defense: Slash Ward techniques have been removed from players' technique books and refunded with Defense: Physical Ward techniques of the same tier.
- Defense: Blight Ward, Defense: Energy Ward, Defense: Flame Ward, Defense: Ice Ward, and Defense: Nature Ward have been removed from players' technique books and refunded with Defense: Arcane Ward techniques of the same tier.
- Defense: Life Ward, Defense Mind Ward and Defense: Spirit Ward techniques and refunded with Defense: Mystical Ward techniques of the same tier.
These replace the now obsolete Blight Ward, Energy Ward, Flame Ward, Ice Ward, Nature Ward and Spirit Ward spells.
- Eytelira's Screen of The Fighter spells award a bonus of Physical Ward. They only conflict with themselves.
- Eytelira's Screen of The Arcanist spells award a bonus of Arcane Ward. They only conflict with themselves.
- Eytelira's Screen of The Mystic spells award a bonus of Mystical Ward. They only conflict with themselves.
- Aminah, Erelald, Geleon the Wise, Izad, Kesh, Leah Attanbar and Minisa Albrath have the Beginner formulas for sale.
- Eirik Ingisson, Kateos, Kwenya, Rondo Wisecraft have the Journeyman formulas for sale.
- Expert formulas have been added to treasure tables.
- Spells and formulas removals and refunds:
- Existing Ward spells have been removed from players' spell books and technique resources have been refunded.
- Existing Beginner and Journeyman Ward spell formulas have been refunded with coin.
- Existing Expert Spell: Blight Ward, Expert Spell: Energy Ward, Expert Spell: Flame Ward, Expert Spell: Ice Ward and Expert Spell: Nature Ward formulas have been refunded with Expert Spell: Eytelira's Screen of The Arcanist formulas copies.
- Expert Spell: Spirit Ward formulas have been refunded with Expert Spell: Eytelira's Screen of The Mystic formulas copies.
These replace the now obsolete Blight Ward, Energy Ward, Flame Ward, Ice Ward, Nature Ward and Spirit Ward scrolls.
- Scroll of The Fighter's Screen scrolls award a bonus of Physical Ward. They only conflict with themselves.
- Scroll of The Arcanist's Screen scrolls award a bonus of Arcane Ward. They only conflict with themselves.
- Scroll of The Mystic's Screen scrolls award a bonus of Arcane Ward. They only conflict with themselves.
- Geleon the Wise, Kesh and Leah Attanbar now have the new Beginner Warding Scrolls formula for sale.
- Hubert Hufflebing, Palaikis, Revaan Nosfer, Talyshae now have the new Journeyman Warding Scrolls formula for sale.
- Jalthor Longbraid now has the new Expert Warding Scrolls formula for sale.
- Scrolls and formulas removals and refunds:
- Existing Blight Ward, Energy Ward, Flame Ward, Ice Ward, and Nature Ward scrolls have been removed from players' inventory and refunded with Scroll of The Arcanist's Screen of the same tier.
- Existing Spirit Ward scrolls have been removed from players' inventory and refunded with Scroll of The Mystic's Screen of the same tier.
- Existing Warding Scrolls formulas have been removed from players' knowledge books and refunded with coin.
- Defy Flame abilities now lower the chance to be hit by Flame damage.
- Defy Nature abilities now lower the chance to be hit by Nature damage.
- Defy Cold abilities now lower the chance to be hit by Ice damage.
- Defy Spirit abilities now lower the chance to be hit by Spirit damage.
- Elemental Ward abilities now award a bonus of Arcane Ward and Mystical Ward
- Chaotic Ward abilities now award a bonus of Physical Ward And Arcane Ward.
- Desiccate ability now lowers targets’ Arcane Ward and Physical Ward.
- Dissipate abilities now award a bonus of Physical Ward.
- Androgos' Armor abilities now award a bonus of Physical Ward.
- Pierce Ward ability now awards a bonus of Physical Ward.
- Saja's Puissant Elixir now awards a bonus of Arcane Ward.
- Latro's Evasive Aura Potions now award a bonus of Physical Ward.
Other items changes:
- Grazing Winds spells now lower targets’ Physical Ward and Arcane Ward.
- Saris Life Stone now awards a bonus of Arcane Ward.
- Magick's Touch augmentation now awards a bonus of Physical Ward.
- Blighted equipment now has a chance to receive Physical Ward, Arcane Ward, Mystical Ward and Ethereal Ward bonuses upon generation.
Other related changes:
- New Resistance scrolls have been renamed to Scroll of The Fighter's Shell, Scroll of The Arcanist's Shell and Scroll of The Mystic's Shell.
- Updated quest "Scholar: Blight-A-Way!" and its dialogues to ask for Enat's Shell of The Fighter I spells instead of Blight Ward I ones.
- Updated quest "Scholar: Stinging Nature" and its dialogues to ask for Eytelira's Screen of The Arcanist I spells instead of Nature Ward I ones.
- Shielding Scrolls formulas have been updated to use Eytelira's Screen of The Arcanist and Eytelira's Screen of The Mystic spells instead of the obsolete ward spells and Countercheck Primal (which isn't a ward spell anymore).
Setting Prestige Schools to start at level 1 resulted in a skill loss for some of the schools. Some changes were made to compensate for this loss.
- Skills changes for schools:
- Battle Mage now gains 8 Evasion (up from 7), 8 Shield (up from 7), 8 One Hand Slash (up from 7), and 8 Two Hand Crush (up from 7) skills per level.
- Blood Mage now gains 8 Two Hand Crush skill per level (up from 7).
- Conjurer now gains 10 Ice skill per level (up from 9).
- Healer now gains 10 Augmentation skill per level (up from 9).
- Paladin now gains Augmentation 7 skill per level (up from 6).
- Ranger now gains 9 Evasion skill per level (up from 8).
- Reaver now gains 8 Spirit skill per level (up from 7).
- Sorcerer now gains 10 Mind skill per level (up from 9).
- New school abilities. None of them are masterable:
- Blood Mage now obtains Blight Affinity abilities at levels 13 and 43. They increase Blight skill.
- Chaos Warrior now obtains Energy Affinity ability at level 13. It increases Energy skill.
- Now obtains Summoning Affinity abilities at level 55 and 90.
- Existing ability Summoning Affinity has been renamed to Summoning Affinity I.
- Crossbowman now obtains Melee Aptitude ability at level 13. It increases One Hand weapons skills.
- Elemental Archer now obtains Reinforced Bolt ability at level 13. It increases Crossbow skills
- Flame Disciple now obtains Dance of Flame ability at level 13. It increases Evasion skill.
- Now obtains Nature's Boon and Nature’s Benevolence abilities at level 13 and 43. They increase Augmentation skill.
- Now obtains Dance of Leaves abilities at level 31 and 61. They increase Evasion skill.
- Now obtains Sap Anointed abilities at levels 27 and 57. They increase Shield skill.
- Now obtains Blessed Guard abilities at levels 21 and 41. They increase Shield skill.
- Now obtains Mace Adept ability at level 13. It increases one Hand Crush skill.
- Knight of Creation now obtains Summoning Aptitude ability at level 13. It increases Summoning skill.
- Ranger now obtains Nature Aptitude ability at level 17. It increases Nature skill.
- Now obtains Nature's Boon ability at level 25. It increases Augmentation skill.
- Now obtains Sap Anointed I at level 33: It increases Shield skill.
- Now obtains Ritual Charm ability at level 13. It increases One Hand Crush and One Hand Pierce skills.
- Sorcerer now obtains Overheat ability at level 13. It increases Flame skill.
- Spearman now obtains Spear Balance ability at level 13. It increases Evasion skill.
- Magic Defense is now properly removed from all player schools
- Blighted items formulas revamp is now complete. As a reminder from Delta 316.1:
- Missing formulas have been created and added to treasure tables.
- Journeyman and Expert formulas now have the products of lower tiers.
- Blighted formulas now require blighted resources instead of regular ones. They also need less Blighted Cores for balance.
- Blighted items drop fixes:
- Added to treasure tables:
- Gakkash the Dominator.
- Bhoktar, Knight of the Blade.
- Death Guard (Tower of Nature).
- Golem of Ak'gorrath.
- Knight of the Blade.
- Knight of the Maul.
- Removed from treasure tables:
- Fixed a potential issue that may have prevented some of the attribute bonuses from being applied during item generation.
- Regular techniques can’t be applied to blighted items anymore when crafting them from a formula. No Tech Kit can be applied either.
- It’s long overdue, but all blighted scales now offer an Armor bonus like regular crafted scales do.
- Tweaked monster spawns at the top of the Abandoned Island mountain. Winter Wolves Alpha now spawn more often.
- High Priest of Scorpus no longer drops Tier I broken items, but Tier III versions instead.
- Mace of Divine Intervention is now restricted to Cleric and Healer schools.
- Fixed constraints of the auras from the following abilities: Cuadan's Armored Defense, Aelia's Mystical Barrier, Thurid's Arcane Barrier, Akhanis' Ethereal Barrier. Level 12 and level 32 versions are masterable so they now require a minimal current adventure (any) level instead of a specific adventure school one.
- Dim Crystal of Might deals damage again.
- Fixed Ignore Mysticism V timer.
- Blight only:
- Tester’s armor sets constraints have been fixed. Icons and graphical assets as well.
- Master Time Machine now offers a quest “Tester’s Wallet Boon” to receive various tokens for trade.
- Tester’s scale sets icons have been fixed.
- Updated the description of Primal Boon.
- Primal Boon will no longer allow attacks against targets that don’t match its criteria.
- Fixed Gift of Dahm'a'mun damage shield.
- Post name for Statistic: Health I and II is now “of Health” instead of “of the Giant”
- Drunken Stupor no longer has a chance to give Hangover every 10 seconds, but only when its timer ends now.
- Hangover now has a chance to give additional debuffs every minute.
- Typos fixes:
- Bonus: Blight Resistance I description.
- Round Cross Shields descriptions.
- Ambrosias descriptions.
- Stone of Seeking description.
- Spell: Fog V description.
- Imbued with Spirit description.
- Shield of Gold unmatched quotation marks
- Moravvis’ Rune of Flame missing Strength and description
- Charged Necklace
- Spirit Bolt damage type in descriptions
- 2nd Troop Banner
- Drulkar’s Gale baubles and augmentations
- Bonus: Strength I and Bonus: Strength II
- Bonus: Spirit Resistance I and Bonus: Spirit Resistance II
- Improved Berserk Rage
- Skalkaar Tutorial: Kill Your First Beast!
- Fallen Paladin Ally description has been fixed and displays the right amount of Ethereal Resistance bonus for Spiritual Fortitude.
- Fixed descriptions of these pets which now refer to the new resistance types:
- Agh'kuk Ally
- Blood Skulk Ally
- Forest Skulk Ally
- Ish'kuk Ally
- Stone Skulk Ally
- Than'kuk Ally
- Thel'kuk Ally
- Cherub’s Touch debuffs now only increase incoming crush damage as designed.
- Gebble Dazzletop, the New Rachival Fashion Designer, now sells Alchemical Dye Fixative.
- Removed the hoard value from all dragon scales to prevent hoarding quested/teched equipment mistakenly.
- Players will now be awarded Collect Soul Fragments ability upon “The Ruined Homestead (Part 2)” quest completion. This ability allows to obtain Soul Fragments from ghosts and requires to have the Spirit Stone in inventory or equipped to be used. Please note icons aren’t final.
- Fixed names for Spell Tech Kit: Mental Bane and Spell Tech Kit: Mental Bane Reward effects.
- Wizard ability, Acceleration, is now known as Learned.
- Combat Stance: Attuned now uses the cyan icon and effect to avoid confusion with Combat Stance: Protective.
- Old Moham’s Pouch now also uses the new pouch system.
- Obsolete pouches (“<color> <fabric tier> Backpack Pouch”) now properly use the new pouch system.
- Ruined Palace changes:
- Monsters are now more spread out around the area. There are also a few less monsters.
- Social healing has been removed for the moment.
- Monsters are slightly less aggressive.
- Saris Artifacts now drop slightly better in quest “Artifacts of the Saris”.
- Rapid Fire Posture description no longer mentions magic defense (obsolete).
- The Teleport Gate in the Inner Sanctum shouldn’t teleport players into the middle of monster spawn anymore.
- Fixed inappropriate collision of dead branches in the model tree_twisty_dead_01
- Fixed % values in the descriptions of Dragon Scale Tech Kit: Greater Renown and Dragon Scale Tech Kit: Preeminent Acclaim to match the value of actual effects
- Fixed value in the description of Armor and Scale Tech Kit: Family Heirloom to match the value of actual effect
- Fixed value in the description of Defense: Parry V to match the value of actual effect
- Hasera Steelclaw, being the Master of Martial Arts, now boasts a more appropriate health pool
- Fixed small water pool shoreline in Bristugo
Known Issues (Including those from 316.1)
- Items that modify Delay have not yet been fully updated to use the new Alacrity attributes.
- Tiers 1 through 4 spells have not yet had their damage or values adjusted.
- Epic fights or those against enemies with particular mechanics have not yet been balanced.
- Critical Rating/Chance has not yet been tested or balanced.
- Tactical Mastery and Armor Penetration has not yet been tested or balanced.
- Ghosts and other incorporeal monsters may have confusing or unintended combat results due to ethereal damage/armor changes.
- Due to an indirectly related change some spells may not display the correct schools that can use them, if you run into any instances of this please report them to support.
- Graphical assets aren’t final.
- Fixed calculation issues related to magical damage and mitigation scaling.
- Fixed group XP message appearing if there's only one player in the group.
- Fixed character not resuming auto-attacking after being stunned.
- The "distant sounds" message will only be displayed once every 60 seconds now.